Flyman75

Adalberto Mondesi 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

Another 3b... Unreal.

Hard to steal bases if you're always starting at 3rd.

• Haha 2

2 more hits today with another triple!?!?!?!

feel bad for the people who didnt draft him in the 3rd :)

Through 12 games, Mondesi is hitting .306-8-2-9-3. After not walking in his first 10 games, he's drawn 3 walks in the last two. 

I'd like to see more than 3 SBs in 12 games, but it's harder to steal more base when 9 of your 15 hits have gone for extra bases. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Through 12 games, Mondesi is hitting .306-8-2-9-3. After not walking in his first 10 games, he's drawn 3 walks in the last two. 

I'd like to see more than 3 SBs in 12 games, but it's harder to steal more base when 9 of your 15 hits have gone for extra bases. Lol. 

That's still a 40+ SB pace. And well with the range of normal variation one would expect to see with a 60 SB campaign.  Loving this guy so far.  

2 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

That's still a 40+ SB pace. And well with the range of normal variation one would expect to see with a 60 SB campaign.  Loving this guy so far.  

Same here. I figure he'll end up in the .240-.250 range, but it should come with HRs and SBs...so I'm good with it.

13 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Same here. I figure he'll end up in the .240-.250 range, but it should come with HRs and SBs...so I'm good with it.

As a Royals fan I watch a lot of his games. His plate discipline obviously leaves a lot to be desired, but his sprint speed and ability to make hard contact will keep his batting average above that range, imo. There’s probably a higher amount of variability in possible outcomes here, a la Javy Baez, than most other players. While I wouldn’t be shocked to see him finish.240 this year, I also wouldn’t be shocked to see .290. The kid’s a talented player. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlwayzRight said:

He may break the season triples record. Stud

Ahhhh, the all time season record is 36 triples by Chief Wilson in 1912 ... unbreakable

1 minute ago, jb_power said:

Ahhhh, the all time season record is 36 triples by Chief Wilson in 1912 ... unbreakable

It's stupid records that far back even count.  1912 baseball was a backyard, beer league compared to the game now.  

I consider Curtis Granderson's 23 triples in 2007 to be the modern record to beat.  

Also, while I like triples, they're really killing SB opportunities and not rewarding folks in non-OPS league.  But it's an encouraging sign of Mondesi's power.  So happy i drafted this dude.  

So Mondesi now has 20 RBI through 24 games. I know he won't keep up that pace, but it is fun to see him driving in this many runs. 

In 562 career ABs now, Mondesi is hitting .246-80-20-73-53 with 10 triples, but it does come with 178 Ks.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

So Mondesi now has 20 RBI through 24 games. I know he won't keep up that pace, but it is fun to see him driving in this many runs. 

In 562 career ABs now, Mondesi is hitting .246-80-20-73-53 with 10 triples, but it does come with 178 Ks.

Yea the RBI total nobody was expecting but a very nice bonus this early in the season, seems like those who invested can feel a little better knowing he wont completely bust if they used a high pick on him, just keep it up and lets see some more walks!

Well our boy had a nice day, and he's up to .295-18-4-27-10 in 30 games for the season. That puts him at a pretty monstrous pace, though the RBI pace will come crashing back to earth. Still, we might be looking at 20+ HRs and 50+ SBs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Well our boy had a nice day, and he's up to .295-18-4-27-10 in 30 games for the season. That puts him at a pretty monstrous pace, though the RBI pace will come crashing back to earth. Still, we might be looking at 20+ HRs and 50+ SBs.

Still firmly in the camp that he's a .250 kinda guy. But damn, let's say he drops to .230 and winds up with 15HR and 40SB... that's awesome in today's MLB.

Wide range of outcome players like Mondesi usually never end up on my team when they're drafted as high as he was, but I'm glad I took the plunge on him. He's so fun to own

16 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Still firmly in the camp that he's a .250 kinda guy. But damn, let's say he drops to .230 and winds up with 15HR and 40SB... that's awesome in today's MLB.

Trea Turner lite

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Del Rio said:

Wide range of outcome players like Mondesi usually never end up on my team when they're drafted as high as he was, but I'm glad I took the plunge on him. He's so fun to own

Let's the kids play.

27 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Trea Turner lite

Currently higher on the player rater than Trea has EVER been.

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, billofwa said:

My man.  My main man. Adalberto blowing it up.

It's May 4, and he has 30 RBI, 8 DBs, 6 TPs...not to mention the 4 HRs and 10 SB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Why would they move him to the 9 hole?

9th ranked hitter.