Sign in to follow this  
Chippa

Tevin Coleman and Dalvin Cook for David Johnson? ppr WHIR (Roster in description)

I think I have the RB depth to pull it off. The guy I'm trading to has Murray and DJ as his starters, but since DJ is on a bye, Blount is starting for him this week. He's just fighting to not finish in last. 

Screenshot (17769).png

I wouldn't give 2 RB for 1 RB...I know Johnson is good but that offense is not moving....

Coleman is RB1 and Cook will be RB1 once after the bye week (if he ever plays)..... Cook is in a better offense than Johnson....

I would consider adding Cook and someone else like (Duke, Nyheim) for David Johnson...

10 minutes ago, Crayzcheck said:

I wouldn't give 2 RB for 1 RB...I know Johnson is good but that offense is not moving....

Coleman is RB1 and Cook will be RB1 once after the bye week (if he ever plays)..... Cook is in a better offense than Johnson....

I would consider adding Cook and someone else like (Duke, Nyheim) for David Johnson...

Cook coming back and immediately putting up RB1 numbers isnt a guarantee. My team making the playoffs isnt a guarantee. The first 2 games where Cook was healthy, he put up 13 and 12. DJ's floor is 12/13 guaranteed. The OC change most likely helps DJ moreso. Plus I have Mack as my RB2 ROS, and I can pair DJ with Godwin or Brown in the flex spots

and you over-estimate Coleman. I may not even start him this week. He certainly isnt in my starting lineup moving forward, unless there is an injury

Edited by Chippa

I may be the anomaly but I think you should make the deal with your team. Cook's health is a wild card and depending how the NFC north starts to shake out Cook could be limited the ROS. Tevin Coleman is TD dependent and Ito Smith is eating as well in ATL. DJ is the best player in the deal and even though he isn't putting up crazy points, he is week in and week out the most consistent from the group. I also like the team your trading with isn't your competition for playoffs.

Help please:

Thanks for the input on mine. I would keep the Cook + Tevin combo. I think the offense with the Falcons and the potential Cook should have when he returns outweighs the Cardinal offense DJ

2 minutes ago, Moose1991 said:

I wouldnt do it! Losing too much potential depth for a RB in a stagnant offense. Of course you would expect talent to win out but I wouldnt give up all that depth

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/732553-trade-offered-whir/

4 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Thanks for the input on mine. I would keep the Cook + Tevin combo. I think the offense with the Falcons and the potential Cook should have when he returns outweighs the Cardinal offense DJ

you guys dont put much into the new OC planning to incorporate DJ correctly over the bye week, and ROS?

43 minutes ago, Chippa said:

you guys dont put much into the new OC planning to incorporate DJ correctly over the bye week, and ROS?

I did consider that. Still felt the side you were giving was better off holding onto.

2 hours ago, Chippa said:

Cook coming back and immediately putting up RB1 numbers isnt a guarantee. My team making the playoffs isnt a guarantee. The first 2 games where Cook was healthy, he put up 13 and 12. DJ's floor is 12/13 guaranteed. The OC change most likely helps DJ moreso. Plus I have Mack as my RB2 ROS, and I can pair DJ with Godwin or Brown in the flex spots

and you over-estimate Coleman. I may not even start him this week. He certainly isnt in my starting lineup moving forward, unless there is an injury

Even with an OC change is not guaranteed for DJ to put RB1 numbers. 

Coleman puts up PPR numbers and Cook has the potential to put same numbers as DJ if healthy. I just think is too much for DJ. I would rather offer an RB and WR for DJ. I rather keep both RB just because their offense scores. 

Hmmmm interesting. I too am planning to make a trade proposal for DJ with a lower ranked team.  As for this trade debate, I don't blame you for making a play for DJ and Cook has me worried with this injury for ROS.  With Cardinals in their bye week, you can only hope they plan on utilizing DJ much better than prior.  Something about the Falcons RB offense  doesn't get me hot and sweaty.  Plus you have an RB1 anchor in Gurley.  Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Crayzcheck said:

Even with an OC change is not guaranteed for DJ to put RB1 numbers. 

Coleman puts up PPR numbers and Cook has the potential to put same numbers as DJ if healthy. I just think is too much for DJ. I would rather offer an RB and WR for DJ. I rather keep both RB just because their offense scores. 

2 minutes ago, phatjonny2001 said:

Hmmmm interesting. I too am planning to make a trade proposal for DJ with a lower ranked team.  As for this trade debate, I don't blame you for making a play for DJ and Cook has me worried with this injury for ROS.  With Cardinals in their bye week, you can only hope they plan on utilizing DJ much better than prior.  Something about the Falcons RB offense  doesn't get me hot and sweaty.  Plus you have an RB1 anchor in Gurley.  Good luck!

15 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

I did consider that. Still felt the side you were giving was better off holding onto.

Here's the thing, I'm 5-3, in 5th place, and have the 6th most total points. Only 4 teams make the playoffs, so right now, I'm on the outside looking in. Does that make any difference?

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

Here's the thing, I'm 5-3, in 5th place, and have the 6th most total points. Only 4 teams make the playoffs, so right now, I'm on the outside looking in. Does that make any difference?

Sometimes you just have to take a leap of "trade" :lol: if you want to make or break your fantasy season.  In this case, you're trying to get into one of those playoff spots and there are only 4 of them.  

23 hours ago, Chippa said:

You see what Coleman and Cook are doing? 

2 hours ago, Crayzcheck said:

You see what Coleman and Cook are doing? 

I didnt make the move, brother. Maybe I can trade duke johnson

Edited by Chippa
  • Haha 1