Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jin

Do I bench Dallas D/ST? (Up by .1 pts)

Currently, up by .1 pts and my opponent is done for the week. I would bench the Dallas D/ST but not sure if all (if any) of the stat corrections will be out by tomorrow. I play Yahoo, if that helps.

I’m in the same boat man.  I think I may bench them but just out of curiosity, Is it frowned upon?  I’m up 5.5 points

I’m not sure when stat corrections come out either but if it’s not until Tuesday I think you have to play the Defense. 

A 2 yard stat correction would give you the L. 

The good news is Dallas D has been decent this season. At home they scored 13-1-14 points in my league and no games with negative points. 

16 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I’m in the same boat man.  I think I may bench them but just out of curiosity, Is it frowned upon?  I’m up 5.5 points

I’m not sure when stat corrections come out either but if it’s not until Tuesday I think you have to play the Defense. 

A 2 yard stat correction would give you the L. 

The good news is Dallas D has been decent this season. At home they scored 13-1-14 points in my league and no games with negative points. 

I wouldn't say its frowned upon, you gotta do whatever you have to do to win. If I was up by 5.5, I would just play them because I don't think it's possible for a D/ST to get under -2.0 pts.

And yeah Dallas D has been doing well, but you know how the FF gods are lol.

I'd play just because of stat corrections I wouldn't want to risk it they're playing Tennessee so I doubt they go negative I also have Dallas D (I've won already however I'm up 8.) 

I'd play them because it might be looked bad upon in your league and more importantly, stat correction could come into play still. I think DAL defense will be fine tomorrow against TEN during MNF. Please help with mine.

31 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

Check your settings to see how many points do they need to allow to have negative scoring

28-34 is -1.

35+ is -4.

8 hours ago, Jin said:

I wouldn't say its frowned upon, you gotta do whatever you have to do to win. If I was up by 5.5, I would just play them because I don't think it's possible for a D/ST to get under -2.0 pts.

And yeah Dallas D has been doing well, but you know how the FF gods are lol.

In week 8 when Baltimore played Carolina the Ravens D got -4 points in my league. 

It does happen. 

The most I’ve seen in my league is -6 maybe -7

edit - In week 4 when the Vikings played the Rams the Vikings scored -8

i know the Titans aren’t the Rams but it’s still concerning 

So I should start the DST? Lol. I’m only worried about negative points and stat corrections.

I think you have to sit them and take the win. Not worth the risk. Wouldn't stat corrections have occurred by now?

It's not frowned upon - you're perfectly within your right to sit them.

I'd play them, stat corrections, especially when the difference is just .1, is too big of a risk.

Most points Dallas has given up this year is 24, i think they are good to hold the Titans under 28 and produce a few sacks and turnover or two.

you have a better shot at losing /w a stat correct of .1 than Dallas getting negative points at home vs TEN. Play the defense. 

the stat correction aspect sucks..its a good point....as i do see ur point and for reference i played a team earlier this year that had a defense give them -4....all that being said, i say u play them...odds are they wont give u negative points