K50K

Demarre Carroll 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Just saw he should be back soon, possibly tomorrow night. He has always put up serviceable numbers when healthy and given minutes, but Brooklyn has a ton of options at the 3 & 4 spots. Any guesses as to how things will play out when he returns?

With the emerging Caris Levert, returning RHJ and Joe Harris playing well shooting tons of 3, I don't think Carroll is gonna be starting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the Nets rotations will look a bit different in a month. Caris, Dlo, Allen are the only ones looking at maintaining their roles. Everything else will be up for grabs and a lot of it will have to do with the Nets being competitive in the standings or not. This can shake out a lot of different ways, but Crabbe, Harris, Carroll, RHJ, and Dudley make it murky for sure. The Nets do not play their guys heavy minutes so whatever upside there for the players that emerge from that pack will be capped. 

2014-2015 Contract-Year Carroll put up 12.6ppg, 1.7 threes, 5.3 reb, 1.3 spg, .487 FG, .702 FT,  1.1TO in 70 games for the hawks - good for a top 50 finish. 

Of course he won't be able to replicate that, especially the FG shooting, at age 32. But Carroll just strikes me as somebody who really tries to show up on a contract year. This plus the fact that he seems to be an Atkinson favorite makes it seem like a top 75-80 year for him. 

• Like 1

At worst, he should get enough playing time to be able to be a solid source of 3's, with a bit of help in rebounds for a guard and around 1 or so in steals.  In other words, nothing exciting, but a decent guy if you need 3's.

4 hours ago, csklmf said:

With the emerging Caris Levert, returning RHJ and Joe Harris playing well shooting tons of 3, I don't think Carroll is gonna be starting. 

Jared Dudley is getting 25 minutes a night in Carroll's stead.

Oh, he'll be starting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm all in on Demarre. Hoping he returns tonight!

54 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:
10 hours ago, K50K said:

I'm all in on Demarre. 

BOY have you lost your mind cause Ii'll help you find it !?! !?

54 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

What does this even mean? 

Aaaaaaaaaaahaahha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probable for tonight... Excited to see what he can do.

6 minutes ago, superninja said:

after tonight, hold or drop for Isaac? 

Hold. First game back only played a few minutes. He will be starting over Dudley soon 

Isaac may not be there next game.  But yeah I hope DEMARRE does well.

1 hour ago, Shredded said:

Hold. First game back only played a few minutes. He will be starting over Dudley soon 

7 hours ago, Shredded said:

Said the owner of every nets player that isn't starting. 

• Haha 5

Levert was the only thing in his way from getting minutes and the starting gig. There's no way Dudley remains a starter over him. 

What line do we expect from Carroll as a starter? I'm thinking of dropping an end of bench guy for him. In this case, it's Marcus Morris.

Edited by reverb

As a starter last year for 73 games:

13-6 and 2 3pm and nearly a steal. 

Note he is closing out the game now. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

As a starter last year for 73 games:

13-6 and 2 3pm and nearly a steal. 

Note he is closing out the game now. 

I just I just picked him up,  but I had him last year and it was excruciating to own him. At times, he played really great and at others he was one of the worst players you could own as he routinely destroyed your field goal and FT percentage and forgot how to steal the ball which is one of the things he used to be really good at. Very streaky.  he can be good for a couple of weeks and then be awful for a month.  be prepared to sit him for a lot of games when he starts sucking.

I may drop him for Rondae...

Edited by magic32
  • Like 1

I dropped Josh Hart and picked him up. We will see how he played out vs Miami. I believe he will get 30 minutes after Levert's injury

Demarre “there goes your fg%” Carroll. 

Edited by Portis4Potus