zstlj

St. Louis Cardinals 2019 Outlook

22 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

Nats are out on Harper it sounds like, and rumor has it he doesn't like Philly.

What rumor?  Source?  Saying a rumor without citing a reputable source doesn't cut it.  It could be Uncle Guido from Toledo telling you what his buddy at the bar told him for all I know.

Even if this was true he would be dumb as bricks to let anything like that out when his agent is in negotiations for multi-millions.  It would sabotage any leverage they might have in their negotiating position with other clubs.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What rumor?  Source?  Saying a rumor without citing a reputable source doesn't cut it.  It could be Uncle Guido from Toledo telling you what his buddy at the bar told him for all I know.

Even if this was true he would be dumb as bricks to let anything like that out when his agent is in negotiations for multi-millions.  It would sabotage any leverage they might have in their negotiating position with other clubs.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

THANK YOU.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Chill out dude, I said it was a RUMOR, not a fact. And it got enough attention that Heyman reported on it.

Edited by jimbo504
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

THANK YOU.

Chill out dude, I said it was a RUMOR, not a fact. And it got enough attention that Heyman reported on it.

His point was that saying "rumor has it" could just be total BS. Citing or linking the rumor source makes the post more valuable to the thread. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

His point was that saying "rumor has it" could just be total BS. Citing or linking the rumor source makes the post more valuable to the thread. 

My mistake for leaving out a small detail in a long post, but you could have googled it in 2 seconds. The rest of my post was relevant, so I feel it was valuable enough. You guys need to relax.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

My mistake for leaving out a small detail in a long post, but you could have googled it in 2 seconds. The rest of my post was relevant, so I feel it was valuable enough. You guys need to relax.

I'm fine. I was just explaining his post. Technically you can Google anything you find on this forum. 

Cardinals beginning to look like a bad baseball team.

43 minutes ago, B&F said:

Cardinals beginning to look like a bad baseball team.

They’re competing with the giants and marlins for worst offensive in the league this year, and they’re last in the NL in OPS in June and it’s not even close. For those that haven’t caught on yet, stream pitchers against STL just like you would the Giants and Marlins. Especially with Ozuna out.

Maybe one of the Cardinal faithful can give me an answer to this question.  Why doesn't Yairo Munoz get more consistent PT?  It seems like he produces well offensively but never seems to get a ton of AB's.  Is his defense dreadful?  Does he have other issues not known about?  The kid is only 24 years old and was a pretty decent prospect in the A's organization so I'm having trouble understanding why he doesn't get a better look out there.

4 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Maybe one of the Cardinal faithful can give me an answer to this question.  Why doesn't Yairo Munoz get more consistent PT?  It seems like he produces well offensively but never seems to get a ton of AB's.  Is his defense dreadful?  Does he have other issues not known about?  The kid is only 24 years old and was a pretty decent prospect in the A's organization so I'm having trouble understanding why he doesn't get a better look out there.

there's just not a spot for him, at least on paper.

they aren't benching marp because of his contract, dejong has ss locked down, and wong's defense is too good at 2B.

The marp extension was such a headscratcher and likely will be on the list of reasons why the GM gets canned this offseason when they fail to make the playoffs for a 4th year in a row

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

dejong has ss locked down

Will someone "unlock" DeJong's bat then.  He needs it to hit something ... anything ... at this point.  Maybe he should be benched for awhile to "clear" his head or whatever terms they use nowadays for "sucky mega-slump."

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Will someone "unlock" DeJong's bat then.  He needs it to hit something ... anything ... at this point.  Maybe he should be benched for awhile to "clear" his head or whatever terms they use nowadays for "sucky mega-slump."

do not disagree at all, but the cards are run by a bunch of boneheads

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

do not disagree at all, but the cards are run by a bunch of boneheads

Not sure what to think of Cards management.  Isn't this the same regime that won two titles?  At the same time that Goldy contract is not looking good.  

The Cardinals are doomed for as long as John Mozeliak is a part of that organization.  He is terrible in every way, shape and form. 

+300 for cards to make playoffs.. I think they are 2 games back and have played pretty bad baseball in first half. Will they turn it around 2nd half and make playoffs?

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Not sure what to think of Cards management.  Isn't this the same regime that won two titles?  At the same time that Goldy contract is not looking good.  

nah the architects for the 2011 title are now in houston.

2006 was under jocketty,

• Like 1