KingJoffrey

Mallex Smith 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, since his recall, he's been exactly what everybody expected him to be coming into the season.  With the added bonus of some HRs, whether that lasts or not.  If it's a product of the juiced ball, then great.  If it's something he's been doing different, then great too.  I have to think there's at least a slight change given the spike in K's.  He really doesn't need them to be very valuable though.

Yup, since he was sitting on the waiver wire in around 2/3 of leagues after his demotion. I picked him up about 2 weeks ago. I’m playing with house money now. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, lvsaint429 said:

This kid just can’t hit major league pitching. A classic “AAAA” player. 0 is an appropriate number for him

Oops.

• Haha 2

21 stolen bases on the year, cheap source of steals for those that need it. He singlehandedly accounted for all my team’s steals last week. Nice production for a waiver wire addition. 

Since he was recalled in Mid-May he has a .282 average, 4 home runs, 9 doubles, 1 triple, and 13 stolen bases. Maybe he is pretty good after all...

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For our league's scoring settings, he has scored more points that nearly anyone else in the entire league in the past 30 days. There is definitely something to see here. Obviously guys like Yelich and Trout have scored more but he has been absolutely impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdavid206 said:

For our league's scoring settings, he has scored more points that nearly anyone else in the entire league in the past 30 days. There is definitely something to see here. Obviously guys like Yelich and Trout have scored more but he has been absolutely impressive.

And he had an ADP ~150 spots lower than those 2 guys. And was on waiver wires in most leagues back in early May

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CounterPunch said:

Since he was recalled in Mid-May he has a .282 average, 4 home runs, 9 doubles, 1 triple, and 13 stolen bases. Maybe he is pretty good after all...

Guess so.  Why he started off the season so poorly, who knows, but it did make it so he was available for free for most of us.  Now he's basically forcing his way into consideration for people in keeper/dynasty leagues as a keeper.

10 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Guess so.  Why he started off the season so poorly, who knows, but it did make it so he was available for free for most of us.  Now he's basically forcing his way into consideration for people in keeper/dynasty leagues as a keeper.

He started the year hurt and didn’t have much time in the preseason. That stint in the minors was what he needed to get his swing right. 

source.gif

Oh yeah, another 6 game hitting streak going and BA up to .234 to go with 3 SB in that span.

He is also getting caught less this year. Last year 40 SB and caught 12 times.  This year 21 SB and caught 2 times.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 12:11 AM, KilloWertz said:

Pretty clearly explained on page 5.

• Like 1

My guy got a SB today, he’s been carrying my team in that category! Dude is on pace for 50 SB at least, and his bar has caught up with his career norms as well. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BRYZZO said:

My guy got a SB today, he’s been carrying my team in that category! Dude is on pace for 50 SB at least, and his bar has caught up with his career norms as well. 

What is this bar thing you speak of? 😉

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, KilloWertz said:

What is this bar thing you speak of? 😉

Bat lol my bad 

7 hours ago, BRYZZO said:

Bat lol my bad 

I knew what you meant, but couldn't resist. 😀

• Like 1

Was thumb, in lineup today so hopefully it really is that minor.  Thumb injuries always worry me.

Wow, this guy really wants to be back in the minors.... last 3 weeks he is hitting about .188 and past week he is 2/25...... I think he really wants to be known as AAAA player. The fact seattle is still playing him in lead off is mind boggling lol, this guy got 30bb to 100k ratio OBP below 300 lol

Edited by DJSatane

On 8/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, DJSatane said:

Wow, this guy really wants to be back in the minors.... last 3 weeks he is hitting about .188 and past week he is 2/25...... I think he really wants to be known as AAAA player. The fact seattle is still playing him in lead off is mind boggling lol, this guy got 30bb to 100k ratio OBP below 300 lol

Oh hey, player goes through slump, bust out the same tired argument from a page back.

giphy.gif

Guy goes out and makes adjustments when things aren't working. 

Smith came home with what turned out to be the winning run in the eighth inning on a fielder's choice groundout by Daniel Vogelbach. The speedy outfielder was on base courtesy of his 16th double of the season, his first extra-base hit since July 21. The success at the plate wasn't coincidental by any stretch, as Ryan Divish of The Seattle Times reports Smith had stayed to work with hitting coaches Tim Laker and Jarrett DeHart after Tuesday's game to study video, discuss some changes and then take extra hacks in the batting cage. Smith had been in a funk since the calendar flipped, going just 1-for-16 over his first four August games prior to Wednesday.

I know this guy is an obvious drop in redrafts, but how are you dynasty folks viewing him?  Still holding or cutting bait for other upside guys?

9 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I know this guy is an obvious drop in redrafts, but how are you dynasty folks viewing him?  Still holding or cutting bait for other upside guys?

If he gets out of hell his value goes up.  He’s an absolute trash bat though.  I see his career going similar to Dyson.  He’ll be relegated to a part time role soon, and just be utilized as a speedster.  It doesn’t help him that he’s also Raul Ibanez bad in the OF.  In real life he’s atrocious.