svdude

Austin Meadows 2019 Outlook

I played him this weekend in one league (short 3 day week vs the 10) and now I'm debating on whether I should play him this week too.   Decisions, decisions....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stallion said:

He's found his feet against post ASB!

He’s looking good. HR and SB so far today, 3 straight games with a bomb.

He’s definitely looking better and making better contact this week. Missed his 2nd HR on the day by a few feet (maybe a bit more with Judges height & vertical). He backed Judge all the way up to the wall and judge had to fully extend to make the grab right at the top of the wall.

Edited by Unoslacker

Should he be in line for more playing time in the OF with Kiermaier on the IL? He seems to be playing better of late.

He's hitting well of late, but he faces 4 LHP's in Tampa's 6 games this week, inlcuding 3 straight to start the week vs Boston.  Erod, Sale, and Price for 3 straight.  Is anyone with decent alternatives starting him?  He has sat vs some lefties this season, but with the Kiermeirer injury I'd imagine he'll start almost all the games.  It's Tampa so who knows with them and their match up philosophy. On the season he's hit .267 with a .467 slg% vs LHP this year so he's not a liability.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He's hitting well of late, but he faces 4 LHP's in Tampa's 6 games this week, inlcuding 3 straight to start the week vs Boston.  Erod, Sale, and Price for 3 straight.  Is anyone with decent alternatives starting him?  He has sat vs some lefties this season, but with the Kiermeirer injury I'd imagine he'll start almost all the games.  It's Tampa so who knows with them and their match up philosophy. On the season he's hit .267 with a .467 slg% vs LHP this year so he's not a liability.  Thoughts?

I have decent alternatives (Nate Lowe, Danny Santana, Conforto) and I'm most likely starting him in a couple of those games. However, I want to see the pitching match ups for other players as well and it also depends who else is going to get rest days. I don't think he's an auto start against all those guys, though. I'm going to look to avoid playing him vs Sale for sure.

30 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I have decent alternatives (Nate Lowe, Danny Santana, Conforto) and I'm most likely starting him in a couple of those games. However, I want to see the pitching match ups for other players as well and it also depends who else is going to get rest days. I don't think he's an auto start against all those guys, though. I'm going to look to avoid playing him vs Sale for sure.

I'm in a weekly so it's start or sit.  I too have Conforto and he's currently in over Meadows. 

He'll for sure sit against one of LHPs if the rest of the season is any indication. The question for me is if he gets enough time in the OF to get another or if he is benched twice this week.

*taps mic* is this thing on?

Our intrepid hero has homered in three straight games.  Cash gonna Cash, though, so he sat vs. Caleb Smith today.  Hopefully he can keep swinging a hot bat with the Jays and their Stroman-less rotation coming to town.

• Like 4

I really think that thumb injury he suffered was what hurt him (no pun intended) for that stretch midseason cuz he's back to raking again like he did before it.   I'm real curious to see what his draft stock is next year.  His total numbers might not be as sexy because of that soft stretch which could leave his ADP in a sweeter spot for those of us who know just how good he is.

HR #27. Even with that awful slump for about a month, he is still OPSing .899 and would have been a lock for 35 plus dingers without the injury. Still can’t believe the Pirates gave up him, Glasnow, AND Baz for Archer.

21/9/24 batting .296/.995 with a sb over the last 30. Just absolutely killing it lately. 

Edited by KrunK
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2019 at 8:45 PM, KrunK said:

21/9/24 batting .296/.995 with a sb over the last 30. Just absolutely killing it lately. 

What a steal for a guy with an ADP in the 160-170 range. 

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

What a steal for a guy with an ADP in the 160-170 range. 

Had him pegged since day one. He had a little lull this year but he has been scorched earth hot since the all star break. Glad i held on to him through the good and bad. It was either between him and Benintendi and I chose correctly dumping Benny thankfully. Have him locked and ready for chip week. Will be looking to buy next year at what should be a decent price but not at the bargain basement price he came this year. 

• Like 1

I drafted this guy in every league.  Imagine if he hadn't had that blip with the thumb that led to that down stretch.  I'm curious to see how high he goes in drafts next year.