Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

A trade is impossible at this point..so please don't make a move for Bell hoping for one!

Steelers would have to rescind the tag for him to play for another team this season...which also isn't going to happen.

If he signs he should be able to be traded, no?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

So was showing up week 1 some kind of indicator of what to expect the rest of the season?

People seem to be acting as if him not showing up today means he's for sure sitting out long term.

Good point. He will likely show up Week 2! Then we can all start speculating again! Makes perfect sense to skip ONE game. He will not worry about the wear and tear 400 carries will do to his body. Holding out 1 week allows him to only worry about 370 touches this season. Makes a world of a difference! Plus he teaches the Steelers a lesson! Maybe after they tag him again, he will hold out 2 games!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Conner owners be like

tenor.gif?itemid=5794180

Le’Veon*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will the Steelers even play him in Week 11 ? At that point the Steelers org and the rest of the team will be salty enough to not really even want him back, especially if Conner does well.

Dear fantasy gods (and Steelers players), 

Feel free to REALLY rake muck in Bell's direction after this HORRIBLE breach of trust. He doesn't deserve to ever wear a STEELERS uniform again. Make it so bad he won't want to return.

Signed, a guy who really believes Bell is being incredibly selfish for looking out for himself in a business that does not guarantee contracts fully. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ukdesi said:

Will the Steelers even play him in Week 11 ? At that point the Steelers org and the rest of the team will be salty enough to not really even want him back, especially if Conner does well.

Nope. They will find a way to give him the ball 60 times per game to get their money's worth. Bell on the team paid to sit? Not a chance. Stay tuned for the smear campaign to tarnish this guy's reputation so he can be black balled. Unfortunately, the media is littered with ex-NFL players who frown upon discussing player finances. 

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Feel free to REALLY rake muck in Bell's direction after this HORRIBLE breach of trust. He doesn't deserve to ever wear a STEELERS uniform again. Make it so bad he won't want to return.

Signed, a guy who really believes Bell is being incredibly selfish for looking out for himself in a business that does not guarantee contracts fully. 

Holy s---, we get it. Give it a rest.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, atrium said:

Holy s---, we get it. Give it a rest.

atrium, can you at least give me a smiley face so I can get a reputation increase? Opinions like yours really matter to me. Thanks in advance!

I think Bell owners are being selfish here. Look on the bright side, you have between 9-13 owners that are happy they don’t have to face him now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The Rooney family own the steelers 100% and that is where their wealth is tied up so unlike other owners who made their billions money outside the NFL they more than anyone have a  disproportionate vested interest in playing hardball in salary negotiations because the team is their sole source of profits and wealth.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I think Bell owners are being selfish here. Look on the bright side, you have between 9-13 owners that are happy they don’t have to face him now. 

Everyone is being selfish in this. Bell, the Steelers players, the fantasy owners. I’m not sure why I’m supposed to feel sympathy for Bell here like many are imploring, when everyone is just doing what he’s doing: looking out for themselves 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jin said:

giphy.webp

Le’Veon*

Yeah that is definitely LeVeon owners not Connor owners LOL. 

Connor owners be more like 

giphy.webp

Edited by Minnesota_Jack
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The Rooney family own the steelers 100% and that is where their wealth is tied up so unlike other owners who made their billions money outside the NFL they more than anyone have a  disproportionate vested interest in playing hardball in salary negotiations because the team is their sole source of profits and wealth.

If you t hink any billionaire family is investing a majority of their money in any single endeavor, you're mistaken.

10 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Fantasy Gooroo taking a hard run at DerrickHenrysCleats for king of forum crazy.

Ive been gone for a while. Trying to make up for lost time. Already been warned once. Aiming for two then I should be good.

• Like 1

It’s disappointing, but if you drafted late enough you were on notice. This was part of the risk. I only drafted Bell in one league because he fell to the end of the first round. That’s historically been my most risk averse league (a bunch of lawyers), so I wasn’t surprised.

I am still confident I will get a top 10 RB by year’s end, and hopefully a playoff beast. If you drafted him top 2 ahead of Gurlet and Johnson, Well I can understand your panic. But that’s not Bell’s fault. It’s yours. 

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

If the Steelers were perennially among the teams with the most cap space that wasn't used you might have something there, not sure that is the case.

11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Leveon owners almost as selfish as Leveon himself!

pretty funny reading both of these threads ( this and Conner one). So many people obviously biased based on who they do or dont have in fantasy :lol:

28 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

If he signs he should be able to be traded, no?

Absolutely.   But what are u hoping to get back-  A second or third maybe?   A compensatory pick will be just as good.  Everyone know you’re stuck in a corner with him- no one is giving u a first.   His new team would have no guarantees he stays since they can’t sign him to a new contract this season.    There’s no obvious out here other than Bell sitting an extended period 

Edited by Impreza178

3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

pretty funny reading both of these threads ( this and Conner one). So many people obviously biased based on who they do or dont have in fantasy :lol:

Standard fantasy. I own both and I can tell you that drafting Bell top 3 was a mistake if you drafted late. A dumb mistake.

• Like 1

How Connor performs tomorrow and going forward will be telling. If he flops, does this change Pittsburgh's approach to the Bell Problem? If he thrives and exceeds expectation, do the Steelers cut bait and relieve themselves of the headache and drama? Looking forward to the thriling conclusion week 11! 

• Like 1

The 4 p.m. deadline today will come and go without Steelers' RB Le'Veon Bell reporting, per sources. Steelers are on their way to Cleveland and Bell is not with them. He will miss Sunday's game against Cleveland, along with the opportunity to earn $853,000. James Conner time.