Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Just now, Brooklyn Dude said:

The Steelers had to know Bell wasn't going to be happy getting tagged a second time as a RB. 

Would they have offered more guaranteed money.   Would they have traded him.  

The only way the CBA is going to change is if more high profile players sacrifice some money and teams realize it is a possibility going forward in the future.

Again, he gains nothing by revealing his intent now. All he does it attempt to sabotage the team by leaving them with this cloud of drama and uncertainty in the locker.

• Like 1

For those who are upset about Bell's decision to sit, don't forget the Rooneys TAGGED HIM WITH THE EXCLUSIVE designation, which prevented him from negotiatiing with other teams vs a a NON-EXCLUSIVE tag which would allow him to negotiate and the stelers the right to match the contract to keep him.

The Steelers started the hardball tactics  so people need to stop critcising bell as if he is being unreasonable in his response.

The Rooneys put him in a position where he couldnt negotiate a fair market value for his services.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

For those who are upset about Bell's decision to sit, don't forget the Rooneys TAGGED HIM WITH THE EXCLUSIVE designation, which prevented him from negotiatiing with other teams vs a a NON-EXCLUSIVE tag which would allow him to negotiate and the stelers the right to match the contract to keep him.

The Steelers started the hardball tactics  so people need to stop critcising bell as if he is being unreasonable in his response.

The Rooneys put him in a position where he couldnt negotiate a fair market value for his services.

No, his union put him in that position.  

12 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Again, he gains nothing by revealing his intent now. All he does it attempt to sabotage the team by leaving them with this cloud of drama and uncertainty in the locker.

I don't think you understand Bell's intention.  He is trying to force a trade to get what he feels he deserves.

If the Steelers are worried about his production falling,  they should accomodate him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

Does there come a point where he runs in danger of the other teams colluding against him next year? If he sits 10 weeks?

Hes one of the best RBs, someone is going to pay for him.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

if Conner explodes Bell loses even more.. there is already some negative data points that suggest the steelers are just about as good without bell as with him

oh yea? so why didn't they just let him go? why offer him anything or franchise him at all?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chardo said:

No, his union put him in that position.  

Ok then we may as well take it to the extreme and say God put him in this position?:lol:

The Rooneys should have let him test the market value to see if he would have gotten anything better than what they were willing to offer. 

They didnt because they probably thought he would have negotiated a better deal with another team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dashoe said:

1. That contract was  completely team friendly because of the way it structured the guaranteed money.

2. Fairness is a subjective valuation

3. What's wrong with wanting more?

4. They already factor in the cost of Bell ecery season

5. it's not about saving or spending $15mm it's about being locked into a contract obligation that the Rooney family believes won't benefit them in the long term, hence using the tags and the current standoff today

1. Because of Bell's current age, attitude, injury & drug history = they offered him the same deal (or better) than what he'd get as a FA.

2. The Rooney's are not fretted on how to maintain their lifestyle while keeping the payroll checks from bouncing...get real.

10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Salty Bell owner spotted. 

Aroused Conner owner who thinks he just drafted Bell in the 8th round spotted. I don't play for money I don't really care that much

Edited by FritzLn

Just now, psygolf said:

1. Because of Bell's current age, attitude, injury & drug history = they offered him the same deal (or better) than what he'd get as a FA.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, joshua18 said:

giphy.gif

It's my opinion...only you continually spout lies on this board   :lol:

Just now, psygolf said:

2. The Rooney's are not fretted on how to maintain their lifestyle while keeping the payroll checks from bouncing...get real.

1.  Hard to tell what he would have got as a FA when they slapped a exclusive tag on him, if  they thought he was worth less than what they would pay they would have slapped him with a non-exclusive tag and let the market determine his value but they didnt.  Not sure why u think his 'attitude' affects his contract value.

So so much for your theory:lol:

2. Their lifestyle  has nothing to do with the way they manage their business, why do u keep introducing irrelevant arguments?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, psygolf said:

They offered him one of the biggest contracts for an rb in the league, a fair #...he just wants more.   They are not worried about the cost of Bell,  and I doubt any one of the Rooney family is excited that the might have 15m more dollars in their collective wallets if he sits the year out.  

Fair number? To who? The Steelers?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

It's my opinion...only you continually spout lies on this board   :lol:

it's not an opinion, nor is it true

19 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

can't wait to watch Conner the RBBC this sunday

lol love it. Tomlin and others have commented on how it's James time now. 

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

1.  Hard to tell what he would have got as a FA when they slapped a exclusive tag on him, if  they thought he was worth less than what they would pay they would have slapped him with a non-exclusive tag and let the market determine his value but they didnt.  Not sure why u think his 'attitude' affects his contract value.

So so much for your theory:lol:

2. Their lifestyle  has nothing to do with the way they manage their business, why do u keep introducing irrelevant arguments?

You presented their personal wealth vs that of other owners with more money coming in from other industries as a reason why they hold their cards tighter...I simply said that their payroll does not reflect that belief of yours.

No incentive for him to play before week 11, so he won’t play until week 11. Can we please lock this thread until then? 

• Like 3

Just now, HTM said:

lol love it. Tomlin and others have commented on how it's James time now. 

coachspeak: means something when you want it to

8 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

Aroused Conner owner who thinks he just drafted Bell in the 8th round spotted. I don't play for money I don't really care that much

Hey smart guy Bell has averaged FOUR yards a carry so yeah Connor can match that....

And the Steelers scored more points when he was absent.

And I got him in round 13.

3 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

it's not an opinion, nor is it true

Smh...It is my opinion (and a common one) that without the baggage he carries that he'd have an amicable contract.

1 minute ago, cyberer said:

No incentive for him to play before week 11, so he won’t play until week 11. Can we please lock this thread until then? 

I'm fine with locking this thread but we need to stop spreading this rumor that there's no reason for him to play before week 11.  That's not true.  He loses $850k per game he misses.  That's a big incentive for him to report.  I get that he doesn't want to be injured before signing his mega deal, but that's a separate statement.  

• Like 1