Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Bell will most certainly.come back. I believe it will definitely be a timeshare though, possibly a 60/40 split like Kamara and Ingram, with Bell being the "Kamara". 

Either way, should be exciting to see how they use them, because they have been a one RB system for a long time. 

• Haha 4

I just think people are WAY overreacting here. Things change REAL fast in the NFL, and to just write off Bell seems very unwise at this point.

Heck, if Conner gets hurt, Bell instantly becomes a top 5 option. You can't say that about Spencer Ware or Austin Eckler or Malcolm Brown.

As much as it sucks for those who've had him, how much more would it suck if you finally got rid of him because he's pissing you off and he did great in the last few weeks of the season for some other team?

I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know that those here who are commenting with certainty don't know either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

They already got the 2 week roster exemption. Reports before week 11. It'll be week 13 at earliest.

Bell is a hail mary fantasy playoff lotto ticket at best this point. 

Bell would be back for fantasy playoffs.  Looking at a bye for 14 for first round of fantasy playoffs, so if he rounds into form at week 15, dammit...

"Would have won the championship if it wasn't for that meddling Bell"

Edited by WaiverLooter

This is going to be interesting.

Connor has ripped it up. All kinds of stats showing Connor better than Bell blah blah blah. But then we have this the next three weeks:

@BALT

CAR

@JAX

Three Ds where Connor could underperform.

Could open the door for Bell, who maybe spends a couple weeks in shape, so the TWO of them can face: 

@DEN (an absolutely horrible run D)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, datsyuk said:

Bell will most certainly.come back. I believe it will definitely be a timeshare though, possibly a 60/40 split like Kamara and Ingram, with Bell being the "Kamara". 

Either way, should be exciting to see how they use them, because they have been a one RB system for a long time. 

When has Tomlin ever had RBs share carries? DeAngelo killed it for four weeks then it was back to Bell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RyanK said:

When has Tomlin ever had RBs share carries? DeAngelo killed it for four weeks then it was back to Bell.

When has Tomlin ever has two RB's the tier of Bell and Conner.  Dwill was 32.

4 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Trust me, I hope that Bell immediately resumes the lead role. I just don't know if that's the case with the way Bell has handled this situation, and it will depend how pissed off the Steelers are at him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Bell's Twitter likes are interesting...

Not on Twitter explain please

Just now, datsyuk said:

Trust me, I hope that Bell immediately resumes the lead role. I just don't know if that's the case with the way Bell has handled this situation, and it will depend how pissed off the Steelers are at him.

That's definitely my fear. This is touchy bc here you have Conner who is putting in the work and so deserving, then you have Bell who sat out and who knows what happened behind the scenes and what management wants to do with him? It's scary for owners of Conner and Bell

2 minutes ago, HTM said:

Not on Twitter explain please

He liked Ian Rappaport's tweet about waiting until the trade deadline and reporting Wednesday. He also liked the speculation of no idea when he's back from Maurkice Pouncey. It's been a wild ride.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RyanK said:

That's definitely my fear. This is touchy bc here you have Conner who is putting in the work and so deserving, then you have Bell who sat out and who knows what happened behind the scenes and what management wants to do with him? It's scary for owners of Conner and Bell

even owning both 

3 hours ago, RyanK said:

That's definitely my fear. This is touchy bc here you have Conner who is putting in the work and so deserving, then you have Bell who sat out and who knows what happened behind the scenes and what management wants to do with him? It's scary for owners of Conner  and Bell

Nah, just Bell.

10 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Either way November 14 isn't that long of a wait 

Lol you keep saying you are waiting until the 14th, what are you going to do then that you can't or won't do now?

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Lol you keep saying you are waiting until the 14th, what are you going to do then that you can't or won't do now?

I'm a Conner owner. Yet I would not advise any Bell owner to drop prior to Nov 13. Trade perhaps, if you can get anything decent for him. But not drop. 

32 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

I'm a Conner owner. Yet I would not advise any Bell owner to drop prior to Nov 13. Trade perhaps, if you can get anything decent for him. But not drop. 

Oh i agree, I am not about to drop any one with the potential of Bell, but he keeps saying that on this date he can "finally be rid of him" and "not too much longer to wait" (paraphrasing) and I am just confused as to why the date he has to return gives us any clarity as owners. It is the date he has to return by, but that's all we know, so I'm just saying that it isnt going to be a make or break day where we all of the suddden have any clarity on how things unfold. 

Edit: I guess he might be saying if he doesnt report by then he isnt going to report ROS since he can't accrue his minimum games played for UFA next year and thus is a drop, which seems unlikely but not impossible at the moment.

Edited by dakimbell

He was dropped last week and was able to just pick him up.  Dropped my defense and would love love to hear something before the weekend ? 

7 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

He was dropped last week and was able to just pick him up.  Dropped my defense and would love love to hear something before the weekend ? 

What?!?!?!?! He was dropped?  That's just irresponsible, fantasy privileges should be revoked.

4 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

What?!?!?!?! He was dropped?  That's just irresponsible, fantasy privileges should be revoked.

Good decision on his part if he never actually plays this season?  he started a losing streak and had to cut losses.

5 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

If I was a Bell owner I'd be pissed as s--- that I wasted such a high draft pick on him and have 0 points total thru Week 9. I don't see what's wrong with this.. the playoffs are coming up quick, time to cut the cord and move on. 

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

If I was a Bell owner I'd be pissed as s--- that I wasted such a high draft pick on him and have 0 points total thru Week 9. I don't see what's wrong with this.. the playoffs are coming up quick, time to cut the cord and move on. 

The playoffs are exactly why you keep him.  There's no way he sits out the season and messes with his UFA eligibility next season.  What's crazy is that he was dropped before the trade deadline.  At the very least he's worth trading to the Conner owner, you can't tell me you can get something better off of waivers than you could from the Conner owner.

• Haha 1