Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

If I was a Bell owner I'd be pissed as s--- that I wasted such a high draft pick on him and have 0 points total thru Week 9. I don't see what's wrong with this.. the playoffs are coming up quick, time to cut the cord and move on. 

Especially considering if you have the third pick (me) and Bell/Johnson picked ahead of you with Gurley falling into your lap ???

Gotta decide by noon on Sunday to either drop or go without a defense to win.  

Edited by Nah85
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

The playoffs are exactly why you keep him.  There's no way he sits out the season and messes with his UFA eligibility next season.  What's crazy is that he was dropped before the trade deadline.  At the very least he's worth trading to the Conner owner, you can't tell me you can get something better off of waivers than you could from the Conner owner.

There were some good waiver adds this week. In the league I own Conner I picked up Sutton. If the Bell owner sent me a trade offer today his Bell for my Sutton I'd reject quickly. So no, I don't think it's impossible that dropping Bell could net a team more than trading. 

What's Bell's fantasy outlook at this point? Barring an injury to Conner, best case scenario for him is probably coming back and eventually carving out a 50/50 split in the offense. That would be ok, but it's also best case and it's possible he doesn't come back, or the split is more like 60/40 or 75/25 Conner. He is an all-world talent, but Bell's fantasy situation currently is...not great

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

There were some good waiver adds this week. In the league I own Conner I picked up Sutton. If the Bell owner sent me a trade offer today his Bell for my Sutton I'd reject quickly. So no, I don't think it's impossible that dropping Bell could net a team more than trading. 

What's Bell's fantasy outlook at this point? Barring an injury to Conner, best case scenario for him is probably coming back and eventually carving out a 50/50 split in the offense. That would be ok, but it's also best case and it's possible he doesn't come back, or the split is more like 60/40 or 75/25 Conner. He is an all-world talent, but Bell's fantasy situation currently is...not great

I actually hope you guys are right since I own Conner in 2 leagues, but I think he's coming back and he's talented enough that even with limited touches he's a gamebreaker.

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

If Bell even returns it’s going to take him a couple of weeks to get into any kind of game shape before he starts to get any meaningful touches making him virtually useless for the fantasy season. This is worst case scenario for a Bell owners. I would be shopping him for anything of value, even a WR3 at this point.

Edited by ponchsox

2 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Bell is gonna win me the championship. That’s what I drafted him for.

The toilet bowl?

No Bell at meetings this morning per Rappaport.

I still say he doesn't play another down as a Steeler.

Yeah if Bell comes back, he will be thrust into the starting line up.  They have no plans to keep him long term, might as well run him into the ground (this could be another reason Bell hasn’t come back, he knows he would be used a lot therefore higher chance of injury and risking his chance on a big pay day from another team.  

Edited by Nah85
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

22 minutes ago, owenmills said:

If Bell even returns it’s going to take him a couple of weeks to get into any kind of game shape before he starts to get any meaningful touches 

Edited 13 minutes ago by ponchsox

Either explain this statement or quit posting your nonsense.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

No Bell at meetings this morning per Rappaport.

Here's the full Tweet:

7 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Either explain this statement or quit posting your nonsense.

He was absolute dog**** the first 3 games of last season.

His first 5 games of 2016 he had 0 touchdowns. 

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Week 3 of last season:

15 carries for 61 and a TD. 6 catches for 37.

In PPR, that's what, 21.8 points? Yeah, what dog****.

I get your point that he typically starts slowly, but do you just say things claiming fact without actually researching what you're talking about?

EDIT: And in 2016, where you claim his value was poor due to not having a TD until week 6:

Week 1: 18 carries/144 yds, 5 catches/34 yds (22.8 PPR)

Week 2: 20 carries/66 yds, 9 catches/88 yds (24.4 PPR)

Week 3: 10 carries, 53 yds, 6 catches 55 yds (16.8 PPR)

Week 4: 21 carries, 81 yds, 10 catches 68 yds (24.9 PPR)

Week 5: 14 carries, 32 yds, 6 catches 38 yds (13 PPR)

I get that not everyone plays PPR, but that is hardly "dog****"

Edited by Godfather131
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Edit: I guess he might be saying if he doesnt report by then he isnt going to report ROS since he can't accrue his minimum games played for UFA next year and thus is a drop, which seems unlikely but not impossible at the moment.

If he doesn't report by Nov 13, he is barred by the CBA from playing in the NFL this season. Has nothing to do with UFA. He is unable to report after Nov 13. 

So that's the hard deadline.

Up until Nov 13, there's a chance he reports and has value. We don't know how much value. I think he'd be in line for a timeshare at best, but an injury to Conner would give him the full role. 

After Nov 13, his value is officially, unmistakably, zero ROS if he hasn't reported. He literally cannot score you a single fantasy point if he doesn't report by then. 

• Like 1

Assuming he taking his finances well since early years, he is not in any dire need of money and thus since steelers did not appreciate him (by his standards) he might not really care about losing money this season to ensure staying healthy and get on a team that appreciates his services (by his standards),

6 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Week 3 of last season:

15 carries for 61 and a TD. 6 catches for 37.

In PPR, that's what, 21.8 points? Yeah, what dog****.

I get your point that he typically starts slowly, but do you just say things claiming fact without actually researching what you're talking about?

Oh I'm sorry, one week in rookie league PPR he was a RB1. I only deal with standard since it actually deals with skill at a position and not being able to catch easy passes. If you ever have to say "In PPR", file it under a bad performance. 

In standard he had 15 points, which is not top 3 pick material. I like how you were able to pick one week out of 8, by the way, and dispute it. 

Edited by oliminator123
  • Haha 1

Just now, DJSatane said:

Assuming he taking his finances well since early years, he is not in any dire need of money and thus since steelers did not appreciate him (by his standards) he might not really care about losing money this season to ensure staying healthy and get on a team that appreciates his services (by his standards),

Massive assumption.

I love all the expert FF critics in this thread, acting like they are Bell's agent and know the exact game script for the ROS for Bell. Grow up. The stats don't lie, they don't NEED Bell... they couldn't care less if he comes back this year or not, and that is known from the attitude of the Steelers mgmt and coaches. Conner is making peanuts compared to Bell and putting up better numbers, that's just the reality of it.

I miss seeing Bell play just like the rest of us, but the odds of him playing this year are slim to none. Everyone is living in fairy-tale land

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I love all the expert FF critics in this thread, acting like they are Bell's agent and know the exact game script for the ROS for Bell. Grow up. The stats don't lie, they don't NEED Bell... they couldn't care less if he comes back this year or not, and that is known from the attitude of the Steelers mgmt and coaches. Conner is making peanuts compared to Bell and putting up better numbers, that's just the reality of it.

I miss seeing Bell play just like the rest of us, but the odds of him playing this year are slim to none. Everyone is living in fairy-tale land

The correct business decision is to go with Connor over Bell. My opinion is that Bell sits out the entire season, but no one really knows for sure except probably him and his agent.

Edited by Godfather131

I posted links about a potential week 10 return. If you didnt bother reading thats not on me. But yeah, pretty sure this thread is done

24 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

You're doing it too though. Do you really think management couldn't care less? Maybe, I don't pretend to know exactly what they're thinking like so many people here but I also know this is a business and they want to win above all else. Conner has been great but if having Bell has 1b or a complementary piece as we hit the stretch run could help them win, why would they not prefer he come back? This whole idea they'll act out of spite because they're mad at him, seems really ridiculous to me yet I see it thrown around here constantly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

^ This