Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Its kinda silly to just label it click bait just because you don't like the result.  Still a chance he still comes back but it's not looking good for bell owners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dams513 said:

Its kinda silly to just label it click bait just because you don't like the result.  Still a chance he still comes back but it's not looking good for bell owners.

I mentioned I don’t care about the result since I don’t own him. 

Bell nor his camp has said anything until this point. So ESPNs sources are people speculating that happen to be in or close to the organization. The issue is that they are presenting this as fact thus making it clickbait.

I hope it's true but everyone has been wrong about bell all season long. Just wait until Tuesday to drop. Dont compound the error You made on draft day

Just now, Gohawks said:

I mentioned I don’t care about the result since I don’t own him. 

Bell nor his camp has said anything until this point. So ESPNs sources are people speculating that happen to be in or close to the organization. The issue is that they are presenting this as fact thus making it clickbait.

lol yes, reports = clickbait

your truth is not THE truth

Their headline is “Bell not expected to return before deadline.” The more accurate headline is “Steelers don’t expect Bell to return before deadline.”

Not as catchy huh?

Where do they even conclude this from? I hate this s---. They just post something, no sources or anything. ESPN is such a tabloid now.

• Like 1

The thing I don’t get is, why did Bell’s camp keep teasing he’d return the following week?  The math and injury risk of his situation never seemed to change much once he missed the first game, and the Steelers didn’t seem to want him back after getting a good look at Conner.  He could have just tweeted “I’m holding out the whole season thx” back in August.

The Dez Effect!

He probably said screw that. Not risking injury for the $6 million he has left. Good choice to be honest.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Where do they even conclude this from? I hate this s---. They just post something, no sources or anything. ESPN is such a tabloid now.

Exactly. This just seems like a feeble attempt to draw some buzz in front of the Sunday Morning shows. The tweet from "multiple sources" added nothing to what we already know. They are using words like "belief" and "not expecting" and then in return, IF, they are right,  they can claim we got the scoop first.

Come on Man.

Edited by nonstopfan

12 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

I hope it's true but everyone has been wrong about bell all season long. Just wait until Tuesday to drop. Dont compound the error You made on draft day

Everyone has been wrong about Bell returning. 

There is no upside for him to return this season. He risks injury and he will be in a timeshare with Conner. The Steelers will likely let him walk so I don’t think he has to worry about being tagged again. 

Id definitely hold until Tuesday to be sure though. 

6 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Schefter usually only tweets when he's sure.

It's over.

Yes, but Pat's fans will remind you he got the PATRIOTS ARE NOT TRADING JIMMY G story wrong.  He believed he was right but was ulitimately wrong. 

Just now, Mikeyvegas said:

Yes, but Pat's fans will remind you he got the PATRIOTS ARE NOT TRADING JIMMY G story wrong.  He believed he was right but was ulitimately wrong. 

I am a Conner owner FYI.

• Like 1

Le'Veon Bell - RB -  Steelers

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Le'Veon Bell isn't expected to report before Tuesday's franchise tag deadline.

It means Bell will forfeit his remaining $6.84 million salary and sit out the entire season. Bell already counts as a third-year franchise player for 2019, so there's not much upside in him returning to a timeshare with James Conner. He also avoids injury and potentially extends his career. Bell will either be transition tagged or allowed to walk next offseason, where he become one of the highest paid backs in the league. The Steelers can move forward with Conner under team control through 2020.

Source: ESPN 
Nov 10 - 8:09 PM

???????????????

17 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Exactly. This just seems like a feeble attempt to draw some buzz in front of the Sunday Morning shows. The tweet from "multiple sources" added nothing to what we already know. They are using words like "belief" and "not expecting" and then in return, IF, they are right,  they can claim we got the scoop first.

Come on Man.

phase 1: Denial

8 minutes ago, kencav said:
Le'Veon Bell - RB -  Steelers

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Le'Veon Bell isn't expected to report before Tuesday's franchise tag deadline.

It means Bell will forfeit his remaining $6.84 million salary and sit out the entire season. Bell already counts as a third-year franchise player for 2019, so there's not much upside in him returning to a timeshare with James Conner. He also avoids injury and potentially extends his career. Bell will either be transition tagged or allowed to walk next offseason, where he become one of the highest paid backs in the league. The Steelers can move forward with Conner under team control through 2020.

Source: ESPN 
Nov 10 - 8:09 PM

???????????????

giphy.gif