Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

I knew my other post wasn't going to survive here, so let me put it this way: Le'Veon was never going to play this season. The constant banter on here that he would could only be considered biased by the waste of an early draft pick. For Bell, it was a calculated risk that will lead to more guaranteed money if he got injured this year vs. getting injured in Week 1 (or the preseason) next year. That simple. We don't need to call out people specifically here (although I would love it), but they know who they are, and they knew all along they were wrong.

• Like 1

They finally realized that the steelers can't afford to franchise him next year. 

29 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Exactly. This just seems like a feeble attempt to draw some buzz in front of the Sunday Morning shows. The tweet from "multiple sources" added nothing to what we already know. They are using words like "belief" and "not expecting" and then in return, IF, they are right,  they can claim we got the scoop first.

Come on Man.

Denial ain't just a river in Ottawa. 

It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he lands in the offseason.

37 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

The Dez Effect!

He probably said screw that. Not risking injury for the $6 million he has left. Good choice to be honest.

This may actually be part of it.  Everytime he was rumored to come back something happens that could have affected his decision.

Mack's trade at the begining of the season.  Steelers saying they would not pay Bell during his exemption at the bye week. And now Dez with a possible career ending injury in practice.

If his goal is a long term contract, he's better off just sitting at this point.

42 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

The Dez Effect!

He probably said screw that. Not risking injury for the $6 million he has left. Good choice to be honest.

Who would have known that Dez would win some people a championship this year!

• Like 2

Le'Veon Bell has signed with the Alliance of American Football.

The AAF, which will open play in February, will hold a runningback draft later this month, and Bell has signed up to be one of the runningbacks available. The former Steeler likely hopes a good showing in the new league will earn him another NFL shot, but those chances are slim.

Or...that might be Christian Hackenberg...
Edited by Brotherbock

8 minutes ago, devaster said:

It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he lands in the offseason.

Long term big-momma deal with the Eagles. 

51 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

Everyone has been wrong about Bell returning. 

There is no upside for him to return this season. He risks injury and he will be in a timeshare with Conner. The Steelers will likely let him walk so I don’t think he has to worry about being tagged again. 

Id definitely hold until Tuesday to be sure though. 

Problem with teammates aside, I don’t understand why he wouldn’t return.  Steelers can tag him for way less next year then try trading him. Everyone assuming Steelers will just release him but they didn’t this year.  This whole thing is unpredictable.  He can show up and get paid $$$ and probably barely play at all and control his own destiny next year. Now he’s he’s still a “hostage” of the Steelers next year unless they release him. 

3 minutes ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

Problem with teammates aside, I don’t understand why he wouldn’t return.  Steelers can tag him for way less next year then try trading him. Everyone assuming Steelers will just release him but they didn’t this year.  This whole thing is unpredictable.  He can show up and get paid $$$ and probably barely play at all and control his own destiny next year. Now he’s he’s still a “hostage” of the Steelers next year unless they release him. 

Please go back and read the thread. Thx in advance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

you are embarrassingly under informed sir.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Please go back and read the thread. Thx in advance.

Just now, Joe Odam said:

you are embarrassingly under informed sir.  

samesies :wub:

• Haha 2

Just now, Dawgpound1985 said:

How so?  Can’t the Steelers put another tag on him for $9 million next year if they wanted?  If not then I’ve been reading all this crap wrong. 

He would get the QB tag for like $23 million or something I believe.

Edited by Mikeyvegas
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Denial ain't just a river in Ottawa. 

I do think there's a very good chance Bell doesn't report, but I agree with the people saying this isn't exactly rock solid reporting. Seems like just more speculation, albeit the closer we get to the deadline the easier it is to speculate on this

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

For those saying I’m embarrassingly misinformed... tell me how?

This from Rotoworld about a week ago...

The Steelers have no idea when or if Bell will arrive, though he'll need to report by November 13 in order to play this season. If Bell decides to punt 2018, the Steelers could assign him the transition tag next year, which would be far less expensive than franchise-tagging him for a third straight season. Under the transition tag, the Steelers would be able to match any offer Bell receives elsewhere. Per La Canfora, his projected salary under the transition tag could be as low as $9 million, which is far below the $14.5 million Bell passed up in 2018. The 26-year-old and his agent have played this extremely poorly.

1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

This. He’d get a HUGE paycheck either way. Plus, him coming back now nets him what, $5-6 mil? Why would he willingly sit and lose close to $15 mil to come back and make 5? It would defeat the entire purpose of sitting to reduce possible injury. Then Dez comes back, it is literally reported the Saints told him he needs to lose some weight and needs to get back into game shape, and he blows out his Achilles in practice. If I’m Bell there’s no way in hell im playing a down this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I do think there's a very good chance Bell doesn't report, but I agree with the people saying this isn't exactly rock solid reporting. Seems like just more speculation, albeit the closer we get to the deadline the easier it is to speculate on this

Hard to think Adam would slap his name on something like this if he wasn't close to sure. He is not looking to build a reputation unlike many of the others. 

For those saying I’m embarrassingly misinformed... tell me how?

This from Rotoworld about a week ago...

The Steelers have no idea when or if Bell will arrive, though he'll need to report by November 13 in order to play this season. If Bell decides to punt 2018, the Steelers could assign him the transition tag next year, which would be far less expensive than franchise-tagging him for a third straight season. Under the transition tag, the Steelers would be able to match any offer Bell receives elsewhere. Per La Canfora, his projected salary under the transition tag could be as low as $9 million, which is far below the $14.5 million Bell passed up in 2018. The 26-year-old and his agent have played this extremely poorly.

“About a week ago.”

Go back about, a couple days ago.

”According to NFL Network's Maurice Jones-Drew (h/t Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk), Bell's agent, Adisa Bakari, didn't initially realize that Bell could be eligible for the quarterback franchise tender next season even if he sits out the entire 2018 season.”

It looks like you have the Internet... quick google search my dude.

Edited by mdw5048
  • Haha 1

i love how many people have wasted so, so much time saying the same thing over and over and over,

Unless you're in like a 200+ dollar buy in and are *still* at this point competitive expecting him to come back and be a serious value/force....what the **ck is you concern?

Sincerely,  James Conner owner

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Hard to think Adam would slap his name on something like this if he wasn't close to sure. He is not looking to build a reputation unlike many of the others. 

Maybe. Who would his source be though? Would have to be someone from Bell's camp. If it's someone on the team then he's just repeating what everyone has been saying for weeks, Bell probably won't report

I’m not trying to argue with everyone because I only know what I read.  Am I wrong that if he DOES NOT show up the Steelers can put a transition tag on him for way less than franchise tag?  If he DOES show up, yes he risks injury but he still gets $5 million and truly a free agent next year. 

Nevermimf, didn’t read the latest contract misinformation 

Edited by Dawgpound1985