Rotoworld.com Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

afl5013
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

22 minutes ago, Panthor said:

huh?  not sure what that has anything to do with what i posted, but okay

No that specifically was in response to your last part of your second paragraph about "narrative". You used that word.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Robrain said:

So they're going to lose his services for half the season, and that's on them, not Bell.  They don't want to pay him fair market value, the franchise tag is a gamble, not a guarantee.  According to the CBA, players only need to play 8 games to accrue a season.  Management knew that and decided to play chicken with Bell instead of paying him.  Bell has called their bluff and management is sweating bullets because they're the ones that will go down in history looking bad if Roethlisberger retires without another Super Bowl when they could have paid their star RB and kept the roster intact.

Seems to me like an offer of $15mm per year to a player that hasn't been the most reliable off the field and playing a devalued position is pretty generous. 

6 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Whatever happened to teammates expressing their frustrations about matters like this in-house as opposed to going to the media. So what, he makes seven times more than him. Maybe Mr. Foster should get a new agent if he feels that he is being underpaid. I don't think its the time and place for another player to publicly voice their opinion about someone's pocket and career. Yeah, you would wish that he was there with you, but there are reasons that have been discussed throughout this thread as to why he is not there and reasons that his fellow teammates should know about. He's talking about the game plan but what about Le'veon's career?

I'm off my soapbox. lol.

Maybe if Ramon Foster was better than the #45 ranked guard last season he'd be getting paid more?

Pro Football Focus has his performance last season graded as "Below Average".

1 minute ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Seems to me like an offer of $15mm per year to a player that hasn't been the most reliable off the field and playing a devalued position is pretty generous. 

There's a difference between 15 mil per year, and 15 mil for only 1 year.

2 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Just now, Hero202 said:

I love the power move. The franchise tag sucks. He likely had zero input in its inclusion in the CBA. He’s cold af to his teammates. I just love it. Hopefully the union is similarly nuclear in the next CBA negotiations to start acting strong like baseball has done for 3-4 decades.

I’m secretly hoping he gets Martavus Bryant-like migraines during week 10 practice too. Maybe pulls a hammy in week 12 practice.

5 minutes ago, Robrain said:

No that specifically was in response to your last part of your second paragraph about "narrative". You used that word.

yeah the narrative for this year and getting him back into the line up.  why would i care about his narrative next year and beyond for?

39 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Explain why the Raiders were able to trade Mack and the Steelers can't? Just the paper? 

Probably a lot of reasons. The steelers are probably more competitive this year and may be more optimistic they can work it out.

It's also a ton of money to spend on a running back, I think conventional wisdom is that you don't want to dedicate that much of your cap to an rb. In real football rb is worth a lot less than in fantasy. 

4 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

He just said it on nfl network 

No, he said if Bell decided to play hardball he COULD sit out till November. But if he doesn't come back by November the Steelers can legally franchise him again.

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

So is Bell angling for a trade, or a giant contract with the Steelers? Or does he just want to sit out the year and come back to the team of his choice as a free agent?

He has to play for the last few games (and playoffs) to get an accrued year and reach true free agency.  That is likely what Bell wants.

47 minutes ago, Wize1 said:

Pouncey signed a contract in 2014 that at the time, made him the highest-paid center in the NFL. Who is he to lecture Bell on his own contract status?

What a hypocrite.

44 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Pouncey is also the guy who supported Aaron Hernandez so his opinion is irrelevant.

His linemen are idiots, and they just cost NFL players as a whole a bunch of money.

11 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

Yeah, $15 million sounds great until you realize there are zero guarantees and they're going to drop another 300-400 touches on your back before punting you to whoever will take you (if you don't get injured in the meantime, which they wouldn't have to pay you for). 

4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

So is Bell angling for a trade, or a giant contract with the Steelers? Or does he just want to sit out the year and come back to the team of his choice as a free agent?

Contract is off the table. Deadline for that is passed and there's no way in hell they're signing him next offseason. It's either trade, or he sits out until he decides he wants his money. 

47 minutes ago, Robrain said:

If another team would pay Leveon Bell more (fair market value) than what the Steelers are offering, then the Steelers lowballing their star player and holding him without long term guarantees via the franchise tag absolutely puts them in a bad light.

With everything we know about concussions, refusing to pay your elite talent that you hand the ball to 400 times a season is grotesque.

The owners sure as hell are making money hand over fist without risking their bodies, the players like Leveon deserve the money they've earned with their performance.

I call BS... 14.5 MILLION for this year with a chance to negotiate a longer term deal isn’t enough? He’ll make over 4 million more than the next highest paid RB this year.  Seems pretty fair to me & I sure don’t feel sorry for him considering he’s one positive test away from a year off

If I were Bell, I would play this entire year on the tag.  At least I know I am getting another $14 million and change.  As Dez and AD and many others have seen, there is no guarantee that big payday is out there.

Most of the people taking Bell’s side in this are doing so strictly because they drafted him and are upset. Bottom line, Pitt offered this idiot double what the top back is making. Bell has been suspended twice, season ending injuries twice and runs behind one of the best lines in football. Where in the hell is their credit for his success? You think its strictly Bell’s ability that allows him to stand in the backfield, writing his weak a** rap songs and sending out a few texts before he picks a hole to run through? As a Steeler fan, i can’t wait for this moron to leave. 

• Sun Tzu locked and unlocked this topic
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived