Rotoworld.com Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

afl5013
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

why don't you read more carefully.  i'm not ASSUMING anything.  i said that is what his people are projecting.  you can argue whether he will get that contract, but his people obviously believe he will.  otherwise he would have signed his tender already.  and the market shows he should be able to get it.

I hear you. And I see it from both sides. I just think he's really over estimating his market value. Teams know they don't need to spend 100 million on a Superstar RB to win Championships. Ask the Eagles or Patriots. I think the NFL realizes that.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

His offensive line makes him what he is, they hold blocks a long time so he can look to find a hole, he won't be nearly as good on any other team

Then why does Pitt even want to franchise him for 15 mil?

If they can just put any rb behind their line then they should just do that and pay Conner 1/10 of what Bell wants.

Just now, South Carolina said:

I hear you. And I see it from both sides. I just think he's really over estimating his market value. Teams know they don't need to spend 100 million on a Superstar RB to win Championships. Ask the Eagles or Patriots. I think the NFL realizes that.

but yet the Giants paid a massive price for brkley  with a #2 pick and 31mm guaranteed and gurley just broke the bank

16 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This relationship looks to be beyond repair. 

Agree. Looks like a make a trade, get what you can for him or get nothing. If he’s sitting out now I don’t see why he doesn’t just do it all year. Budging now doesn’t make sense 

Just now, seanismorris said:

I wonder if I could trade Carson for Bell.  But would I want to...

Bell’s owner would be overly optimistic, and I’d be overly pessimistic...

Thats good thinking right here. I should try to pull of a heist in my leagues as well. I'd trade a Lamar Miller type for a prayer that Bell plays. Haha

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

but yet the Giants paid a massive price for brkley  with a #2 pick and 31mm guaranteed and gurley just broke the bank

31 million is nothing compared to the money Bell thinks he's getting. They are much younger also.

2 minutes ago, GoalineD said:

If they can just put any rb behind their line then they should just do that and pay Conner 1/10 of what Bell wants.

I'm not saying he's not a good player he's a perfect marriage for that team and vice versa

7 minutes ago, GoalineD said:

Because he is a stud, but they don't want to pay him a long term contract since he'll be 27 next year.  $15M for another year is worth it to them.  $50M over 3 years is not, given his past issues and age.  

really unrelated to fantasy football, but nfl and nflpa need to get a better CBA hashed out.  something that is actually equitable to both players and owners.  but i can't see that happening till the nflpa gets some real leadership.  to this point they basically have people who are all talk and no bite and the players suffer as a result.

Just now, Panthor said:

really unrelated to fantasy football, but nfl and nflpa need to get a better CBA hashed out.  something that is actually equitable to both players and owners.  but i can't see that happening till the nflpa gets some real leadership.  to this point they basically have people who are all talk and no bite and the players suffer as a result.

Agree, it's a mess.

Even with all the BS rule changes and such the NFL is still straight gas! 

If you own Conner I'd hold, If he blows up his stock will skyrocket and Bell will be an after thought. 

Google Conner's story, it's a tear jerker. 

My magic 8 ball says Conner is gonna be the guy and I own zero shares. 

I think the history books of the NFL will paint the Steelers FO as the ones looking like real dumbasses if Bell misses a chunk of the season and they miss the playoffs.  They should have ponied up they had the chance twice and didn't do it.

13 minutes ago, GoalineD said:

because that is bargain to pay 15mil for the most dynamic playmaker on offense in the NFL.  put it simply PIT wants the cake and to eat it too.  they want all the reward and to assume none of the risk and that is exactly what the franchise tag affords them.  that's why they made such a bad contract offer to him, because it exposed them to risk they weren't willing to take

28 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

The reality is, he has made 16M but he probably banked 8M after taxes.  Then he had to pay for his agent, house, cars, etc.  He probably has 3-5M in the bank...maybe. 

That is why I don’t think he’ll be gung ho about missing games at nearly 1M per week.  It’s a bad situation but if I were him I would pay for a solid insurance policy and sign before week 1. 

That's what I mean, I would have thought that he made way more than that over the last few years. But I guess he did have a lot of trouble early on.

19 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

I think the history books of the NFL will paint the Steelers FO as the ones looking like real dumbasses if Bell misses a chunk of the season and they miss the playoffs.  They should have ponied up they had the chance twice and didn't do it.

You're crazy if you think Bell is the difference between them making the playoffs and missing it. He may be the difference between winning the Superbowl and not or seeding but he damn sure isn't the difference between them making the playoffs and not.

• Sun Tzu locked and unlocked this topic
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived