Rotoworld.com Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

afl5013
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

In what pick position are we drafting Bell now, with this news?

Late 1st, just make sure you get Conner.

28 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Or his agent played his last card and the Steelers didn’t blink.

blink for what? there is nothing to negotiate.  that ship sailed a long time ago and it isn't coming back.  it has been said multiple times in this thread already but there is exactly one thing that each team can do at this point.  the Steelers can rescind the tender and Bell is free or Bell can sign the tender and show up.  there are no deals to be made between the 2 parties anymore.  there is no posturing to be done.  the agent telling everyone the goal is to long term value isn't a negotiation tactic, it is more of a state of the union, he is telling everyone what their game plan is.

hell at some point it wouldn't surprise me if they rescind the offer, they aren't going to bring him back next year, so when it is week 8 or week 9 and Conner has been doing great, why not rescind and get a 3rd round pick instead of letting him walk and getting nothing. 

2 minutes ago, freevick said:

Lets be honest.  You won't land Conner that late

Agree, I sure wouldn’t wait. Berry was just on Twitter stating these numbers.

1 minute ago, BigOrangeBuzz said:

I draft tonight at #9 and am honestly worried that he'll be there and I have to choose.  Then at 10 is a steelers fan and I know I'd have to overpay for Conner by Round 5 so I'm staying away tonight, if he shows up on saturday then so be it.

i got a draft in 2 mins and i pick 7

1 minute ago, BigOrangeBuzz said:

I draft tonight at #9 and am honestly worried that he'll be there and I have to choose.  Then at 10 is a steelers fan and I know I'd have to overpay for Conner by Round 5 so I'm staying away tonight, if he shows up on saturday then so be it.

Pick #9 is crazy.

Round 9 is about the only round youll get decent value for Bell. 

4 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

It's a huge risk in a snake draft right now, you basically have to hope nobody grabs conner before you.

you're going to have to draft conner at the 3/4 turn,  so the question everyone should be asking isn't where should you draft Bell. the question everyone should be asking is how much is the PIT running attack worth?  because that is what actually matters

As of this moment I might take Bell around pick #30.  Conner around pick #50.

It stinks because I have a draft in two hours.  I hope someone takes Bell early so I won't have to decide, then I might look for Conner if he slips.

1 hour ago, RoboFroogs said:

Here's the thing, if he doesn't sign/report before week 1 then why would he do so before the deadline? The end game doesn't really make a lot of sense to me at this moment unless he sits for a while. If not, just sign and get the money. 

To me, the only thing that makes sense from Bell’s POV is he’s trying to get the Steelers to pull their franchise tag RIGHT NOW. And honestly, I think it might be working. Even if the Steelers could trade him I don’t think they’d get more than a third for him at this point and he’d bring back a third as a compensatory pick. This would move that time frame up a year. From the Steelers position, you’re looking at a guy who might not show up until week 10, is gonna hold you hostage until then and everything that comes with that (malcontent, news coverage, etc...), you’ve got what you hope is a capable replacement in Conner, and you’ve got the guys on the team turning against him. Honestly, they might just decide to cut bait, and I think that must be what Bell wants. Otherwise most of this doesn’t make sense. He can’t be traded, if he waits until week 10 to come back he’ll lose out on millions, if he comes back before then he’s an injury risk. And it would explain why he’s allowed things to get so contentious. Things need to be contentious for it to work.

Just now, WEIL3R said:

As of this moment I might take Bell around pick #30.  Conner around pick #50.

It stinks because I have a draft in two hours.  I hope someone takes Bell early so I won't have to decide, then I might look for Conner if he slips.

Same here, I traded out of pick 5 to get pick 8, started the leg work Monday, finalized it this morning now this eliminates a guy for me at least that I had in my top 8, hopefully he goes before I pick. If I start WR-WR-WR or WR-Gronk-WR Conner is a target.

16 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

In what pick position are we drafting Bell now, with this news?

If I was picking #1 and already have Gurley on my team, I'll make the move for Bell with the last pick of round 2. Risky as hell because the hold-out looks real, but damn Gurley and Bell and another RB. You'll be looking like some teams last year with Zeke, Bell and Gurley. Might be too good to pass up.

5 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

To me, the only thing that makes sense from Bell’s POV is he’s trying to get the Steelers to pull their franchise tag RIGHT NOW. And honestly, I think it might be working. Even if the Steelers could trade him I don’t think they’d get more than a third for him at this point and he’d bring back a third as a compensatory pick. This would move that time frame up a year. From the Steelers position, you’re looking at a guy who might not show up until week 10, is gonna hold you hostage until then and everything that comes with that (malcontent, news coverage, etc...), you’ve got what you hope is a capable replacement in Conner, and you’ve got the guys on the team turning against him. Honestly, they might just decide to cut bait, and I think that must be what Bell wants. Otherwise most of this doesn’t make sense. He can’t be traded, if he waits until week 10 to come back he’ll lose out on millions, if he comes back before then he’s an injury risk. And it would explain why he’s allowed things to get so contentious. Things need to be contentious for it to work.

Makes sense. Only thing is that for the Steelers, if they think Bell is going to hold out several weeks, why rescind the tag right now and give him what he wants? Rescind it after week 3 when other teams have mostly set their lineups. If Bell still hasn't shown up, then you've gotten rid of him AND screwed him over in the process.

2 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Makes sense. Only thing is that for the Steelers, if they think Bell is going to hold out several weeks, why rescind the tag right now and give him what he wants? Rescind it after week 3 when other teams have mostly set their lineups. If Bell still hasn't shown up, then you've gotten rid of him AND screwed him over in the process.

Or a step further....rescind it the minute he goes to sign.    

Sorry-  changed our minds :P

• Sun Tzu locked and unlocked this topic
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived