Rotoworld.com Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

afl5013
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

5 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

He just went #8 to an auto-pick

That auto-drafter is going to look really good or really bad...

Of course the guy might have preranked his players, and  could have moved Conner up today..

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that the players are turning on him tells me all I need to know. You would expect these guys to be in his corner knowing that the same could very well happen to them. One thing you don't mess with is food on another man's table. Some of the comments from his teammates cross the line. Why bring up what this man is making? Why should Bell back down now? I think his time in Pittsburgh may be coming to an end. [Removed Cool Story]

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The fact that the players are turning on him tells me all I need to know.

I remember Pittsburgh icing Martavis last year. Doesn't matter how talented you are, as soon as you put yourself above the team, you are done to the team. It's just hard to see Bell coming back into that huddle with those guys after they said those things. 

10 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The fact that the players are turning on him tells me all I need to know. You would expect these guys to be in his corner knowing that the same could very well happen to them. One thing you don't mess with is food on another man's table. Some of the comments from his teammates cross the line. Why bring up what this man is making? Why should Bell back down now? I think his time in Pittsburgh may be coming to an end. [Removed Cool Story]

Bell has the right to handle his business however he sees fit.   Certainly has valid reasons- and I take no issue with that. 

At the same time however... his teammates have good reason to feel lied to and disrespected.   He’s represented that he would be back by week 1- and he didn’t bother to let anyone know differently.  They had your back and were counting on you to be ready for battle when it counted.    Pretty unprofessional by Leveon to just not show up.  JMO

11 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I remember Pittsburgh icing Martavis last year. Doesn't matter how talented you are, as soon as you put yourself above the team, you are done to the team. It's just hard to see Bell coming back into that huddle with those guys after they said those things. 

Winning  and money makes everything really easy to deal with.  this sin't about the rah rah team spirit they  sell you in high school. These are professional men who know their wins are connected to their contracts and future contracts namely incentives and bonuses and  extending their playing careers.

This not about hurt feelings and we are family nonsense.

Just now, dashoe said:

Winning  and money makes everything really easy to deal with.  this sin't about the rah rah team spirit they  sell you in high school. These are professional men who know their wins are connected to their contracts and future contracts namely incentives and bonuses and  extending their playing careers.

This not about hurt feelings and we are family nonsense.

As a Pittsburgh resident for the last 13+ years who didn't grow up here and isn't a fan of the team, I really do think it's a little bit different here.  They've got plenty of winning and money to spare here, and an image that they've sold to the yinzers about the "rah rah team spirit" stuff that has its own monetary value in terms of ticket sales and merchandising.  They obviously wouldn't do this if they didn't have a belief they could still win without him, or couldn't recoup a majority of their investment in him with a trade, but I do think there's an element of this that is pretty unique to this team in this city.

Anyone remember the MJD situation in 2012?  Bell's situation is worse but MJD just finished '11 as a top 3 fantasy RB.  Rashad Jennings was going as the 27th ranked RB off the boards in fear that MJD (slipped to 21st ranked back off board) wouldn't play much because of the holdout.  MJD showed up exactly a week before Week 1 and even though Jennings started Week 1, MJD turned in the better liine.  MJD did get injured and no Jags RB finished in the top 40 that year (I know the rushing situations aren't even close).  

2 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Your assuming he can get that HUGE contract elsewhere? Why and where??

I seem to remember the Redskins splashing big money on that CB that Carolina released.

It only takes one team.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2016/04/22/josh-norman-agrees-contract-washington/83412404/

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/josh-norman-tried-sign-rescinded-franchise-tag-panthers-report

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If a guy took Bell in the first I’m taking Conner in the 5th or 6th.

I then proceed to have the Bell owner trade me half his team. 

a savy Bell owner at this point is taking Conner in the 4th, you aren't drafting a player, you're drafting the PIT running game

3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

a savy Bell owner at this point is taking Conner in the 4th, you aren't drafting a player, you're drafting the PIT running game

Wasting a 1st and 4th for a mess doesn’t make you savvy. 

5 minutes ago, Panthor said:

Honestly, taking Bell in the 1st and Conner in the 4th is a losing proposition.  If that is where Conner is being drafted, you would simply be better off avoiding the entire Bell/Conner situation altogether and taking 2 other players that will start for you (eg. a player like Hunt in the 1st and a player like Fitzgerald in the 4th).

49 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Certainly has valid reasons

He was offered the richest RB contract in NFL history (before Gurley got his).  He's the most overrated RB in the league.   How do you average 4.0 ypc with that passing game and offensive line?  His longest run last year was 21 yards.  Without the Steelers he's basically Steven Jackson.

3 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

He was offered the richest RB contract in NFL history (before Gurley got his).  He's the most overrated RB in the league.   How do you average 4.0 ypc with that passing game and offensive line?  His longest run last year was 21 yards.  Without the Steelers he's basically Steven Jackson.

Wait, you're saying they had a good offensive line?

2 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

#troof

kid averaged less than 5 yds per touch .... ferchrissakes, Jamaal Charles averaged over 5 yds per carry - for his CAREER

and JC never had the luxury of a Hof QB combined with the most prolific WR of the era.

1 minute ago, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

Wait, you're saying they had a good offensive line?

And a hall of fame QB, a hall of fame WR, at one point a WR who knew how to run either a go or a slant and still managed a 8 td year while failing many drug tests, forget cj2k a hall of fame rb could be 3k in this offense.

Just now, simanium said:

Honestly, taking Bell in the 1st and Conner in the 4th is a losing proposition.  If that is where Conner is being drafted, you would simply be better off avoiding the entire Bell/Conner situation altogether and taking 2 players that will start for you (eg. Hunt in the 1st and the best player available in the 4th).

i would disagree, it is a calculated risk and not a losing proposition, it all depends on your league. there is plenty in the mid rounds to fill out a roster.  for example in a 12 teamer, picking 12

1. Bell

2. Hunt/OBJ/Hopkins/Cook/CMC/Jones/insert anyone else who is in that range

3. best available

4.Conner

the middle rounds are  filled with guys like Sanders/Jamal Williams/Carson/Peterson/Barber/DThomas/Hogan/Landry/Gordon/Michael/Kerryon/Wilkins/Schuster/etc.

then grab your QB from the stockpile, and a TE,  Burton/Reed if he falls.  or grab your streamer MacDonald/ASJ/Seals-Jones/etc.

and then you've got all your late round high upside guys.  Ross/Allison/JBrown/Miller/etc

it is far from a losing proposition to take Bell in the late first round, and it is short sighted to just write it off as such.

• Sun Tzu locked and unlocked this topic
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived