Rotoworld.com Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

afl5013
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

A lot will be settled if Conner goes out there this week and goes 100+ with a TD or two...that will entrench him as the fan favorite, would be tough for Bell to win the fans back.

True, but what if the  opposite happens?

2 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

A lot will be settled if Conner goes out there this week and goes 100+ with a TD or two...that will entrench him as the fan favorite, would be tough for Bell to win the fans back.

Thats what Connor owners are countng on. And you KNOW they will be force feeding him the rock to make that very STATEMENT.

17 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

He was offered the richest RB contract in NFL history (before Gurley got his).  He's the most overrated RB in the league.   How do you average 4.0 ypc with that passing game and offensive line?  His longest run last year was 21 yards.  Without the Steelers he's basically Steven Jackson.

Sjax was good though. He just played for the Rams when they had s---y rosters AND coaches. Sjac would dominate on this Pitt team

3 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

nothing would happen, because there is nothing PIT can do to further entice Bell to show up.  so unless Bell decides to defer to the fans to show up, what Conner does or does not do really has no affect on whether Bell will show. 

only thing Conner truly could affect is whether or not PIT decides to rescind the tender at some point

48 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Is that bells brother int the yellow sweathshirt?

So one is a NFL  rb and the other is a dancer,  which mean one makes money and the other doesnt :lol:

2 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

i have a hard time believing that bringing Bell back to Pittsburgh is going to work for the coaches, work for the GM and salary cap, and work for the players. This might be Ben's last year.

they might welcome him back with open arms, but my gut says that is a low probability outcome. what would have changed to make him come back? is the sitting out just a smoke screen?

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

nothing would happen, because there is nothing PIT can do to further entice Bell to show up.  so unless Bell decides to defer to the fans to show up, what Conner does or does not do really has no affect on whether Bell will show. 

I'm not grasping your reply.  I was directly responding to the idea of the fans reaction to an excellent performance by Conner, nothing to do with Bell showing  up  or not.

1 minute ago, wahl35 said:

I'm not grasping your reply.  I was directly responding to the idea of the fans reaction to an excellent performance by Conner, nothing to do with Bell showing  up  or not.

you asked what would happen if he didn't have an excellent performance and i'm basically saying nothing would change

19 minutes ago, Panthor said:

1. Bell

2. Hunt/OBJ/Hopkins/Cook/CMC/Jones/insert anyone else who is in that range

3. best available

4.Conner

If this is your plan going into a draft, then your plan sucks.

18 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

I can name 23 backs right now that can mimick bells numbers in that system. Put bell playing for the eagles and I’m not sure he starts over a healthy Ajayi.

If that's the case then why are the Steelers trying to spend $14mil on a single RB if anyone can walk in and do the same job as well as he can? I guess if they were smart they should just let him walk and spend that money elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Panthor said:

you asked what would happen if he didn't have an excellent performance and i'm basically saying nothing would change

that's a non answer. "If" Conner does not do well, the Pitt faithful may not be so confident in their RB of the future. They could very well be extremely upset with Bell if that happens and the game gets a little squirrely on them. Things will change as far as people's perception is concerned

Just now, cs3 said:

If this is your plan going into a draft, then your plan sucks.

i finished my drafts, just sharing some thoughts

way to take it out of context from rest of the post

real constructive there.

adp taken from fantasy football calculator

at the 1/2 turn

image.png.384c28e242a3c457375d785485ee5a8d.png

3/4 turn

image.png.77a3d5618a39ff02b7c7e3a11c554bae.png

5/6 turn

image.png.6d2fb8065e60305d005a2c146e5e49f1.png

so looking at that

1. Bell

2.OBJ

3.Miller/Drake/Baldwin/Cooper

4.Conner

5.Wilson/Burkhead

6.Carson/Davis

that is not too shabby of a start of a team

QB-Wilson/Brees (assuming you take the qb early, if not you'd have another RB or WR)

RB-Bell/Conner

RB-Miller/Drake/Burhead/Carson (depending on how you pick in the 3rd)

WR-OBJ

WR-Davis/Baldwin/Cooper(depending on how you pick in the 3rd)

4 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

that's a non answer. "If" Conner does not do well, the Pitt faithful may not be so confident in their RB of the future. They could very well be extremely upset with Bell if that happens and the game gets a little squirrely on them. Things will change as far as people's perception is concerned

what non answer?  the answer is nothing would happen.  what is PIT going to do if the fans get squirrley?  nothing?  they can't force Bell to sign the tender and they can't offer anything else to entice him to.   the only thing left is if Bell is overcome by some affection for the fans that he decides that good for business be damned i'm going to come in. 

the perception isn't going to mitigate any of the risk he is trying to avoid.

of course all of this doesn't even matter if the reason he isn't there is because of a completely different issue that no one is aware of it, which isn't out of the realm of possibility

Overall thoughts on the situation:

1. 1. The smart thing for Bell to do would be return to the team on Saturday so he doesn't lose any game checks unless he believes the Steelers would trade him. Honestly I don't see a team giving him the Gurley level contract he wants next summer as a 27 year old RB and thus I don't think it's smart to give up however much money he would lose by waiting until week 10.
  3. 2.  Love Bell but I don't think him sitting out even puts that much pressure on the Steelers.  Unlike Khalil Mack he's not a fan favorite (maybe a fan villain at this point plus the fans LOVE Conner) and even his teammates are turning on him incredibly quickly.  Although I think it could change quickly if Conner struggles and PIT starts losing games.

3. The PIT OL look like assholes right now unless Bell did or said something behind the scenes.  The Steelers have been jerking Bell around for the last few years while giving him huge workloads and he plays the most vulnerable position in the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

1. 1. The smart thing for Bell to do would be return to the team on Saturday so he doesn't lose any game checks unless he believes the Steelers would trade him. Honestly I don't see a team giving him the Gurley level contract he wants next summer as a 27 year old RB and thus I don't think it's smart to give up however much money he would lose by waiting until week 10.
  3. 2.  Love Bell but I don't think him sitting out even puts that much pressure on the Steelers.  Unlike Khalil Mack he's not a fan favorite (maybe a fan villain at this point plus the fans LOVE Conner) and even his teammates are turning on him incredibly quickly.  Although I think it could change quickly if Conner struggles and PIT starts losing games.

3. The PIT OL look like assholes right now unless Bell did or said something behind the scenes.  The Steelers have been jerking Bell around for the last few years while giving him huge workloads and he plays the most vulnerable position in the NFL.  

1. well no one really saw them giving Gurley the contract he got either, at the point it is pretty apparent that Bell believes the market is there,  he may not get a 5 year deal, he may just get a 3 year.  but the time doesn't matter, just the guaranteed money

2. PIT has no pressure on them regardless.  why does everyone keep bringing this up like there is a negotiation happening here.  there is a franchise tag offer, he can take it over leave it.  there is nothing else to do with it.  the negotiating window closed.

3. that was surprising to see such strong words from teammates, usually they keep silent. must be some other underlying issues people aren't aware of

8 minutes ago, Panthor said:

what non answer?  the answer is nothing would happen.  what is PIT going to do if the fans get squirrley?  nothing?  they can't force Bell to sign the tender and they can't offer anything else to entice him to.   the only thing left is if Bell is overcome by some affection for the fans that he decides that good for business be damned i'm going to come in. 

the perception isn't going to mitigate any of the risk he is trying to avoid.

of course all of this doesn't even matter if the reason he isn't there is because of a completely different issue that no one is aware of it, which isn't out of the realm of possibility

You keep  going back to the contract/tender. You have created your own conversation. I was merely replying to a post regarding the fans reaction to possiblility of a Conner breakout

13 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

1. 1. The smart thing for Bell to do would be return to the team on Saturday so he doesn't lose any game checks

Hard to believe Bell is worried about game checks, if he was, he'd be there now.   No, I think this is all about preservation for the huge contract that he'll likely garner next season.  At this point his main concern is getting through the season unscathed, which means he very possibly could wait until week 10 to show up for the Steelers.

35 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Sjax was good though. He just played for the Rams when they had s---y rosters AND coaches. Sjac would dominate on this Pitt team

Exactly my point.  I didn't say he sucked, I said he was overrated.  Without the Steelers he wouldn't even have the opportunity to hold out for that kind of money without looking like a complete idiot, not that he doesn't already.

• Sun Tzu locked and unlocked this topic
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived