Sign in to follow this  
Evincar

Josh Reynolds 2018 Outlook

Anytime Goff is held to 200 yards passing and only one touchdown that’s a bad sign for Reynolds.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:21 AM, Leibinger said:

And how many times has game flow slowed down the Rams offense?

guess not so crazy after all

• Like 1

People expected him to be a Cooper Kupp, like a video game. Kupp was the #1, then Cooks and Woods interchangeable. Then throw in Gurley. Reynolds is, at best, the 4th option, regardless of him being a WR3 in that offense. I’d take my chances on a DJ Moore who is higher in the pecking order.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone starting him today?

If Goff plays well I think he he has a chance at 15 PPR points.

6 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Is Reynolds droppable at this point?

Don’t think so

rans offense was way off the last 2 games on the road. He still got 7 targets

if you need to use him, I think it’s alright

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Don’t think so

rans offense was way off the last 2 games on the road. He still got 7 targets

if you need to use him, I think it’s alright

Thanks. I'll keep him on the roster but it's tough to justify starting him over Golladay at the moment.

22 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Thanks. I'll keep him on the roster but it's tough to justify starting him over Golladay at the moment.

Umm, Golladay has gone 3 for 50 and 2 for 5 the last 2 weeks. Rams had two tough matchups on the road the last two weeks and Stafford has been rather poor this year. I think Goff and Reynolds get back on track this week at home and in a favorable matchup. The Eagles secondary is depleted.

1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

Is Reynolds droppable at this point?

Probably. I mean if Goff has enough time progress to his 4th options he’s okay. Chicago is excuseable, but to say they faced tough defenses two straight weeks is laughable, which was made earlier.  Gurley and Woods had pretty great games against Detroit and the Rams put up 30 points, right around their season average.

Edited by FitzMagic

49 minutes ago, vinnyw28 said:

Umm, Golladay has gone 3 for 50 and 2 for 5 the last 2 weeks. Rams had two tough matchups on the road the last two weeks and Stafford has been rather poor this year. I think Goff and Reynolds get back on track this week at home and in a favorable matchup. The Eagles secondary is depleted.

I agree and may be starting him as WR2 this weekend due in part to no better options. 

1 hour ago, vinnyw28 said:

Citing Golladay's two bad games as a reason to drop him instead of Reynolds who had two worse games.  Rotoworld logic, gotta love it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Citing Golladay's two bad games as a reason to drop him instead of Reynolds who had two worse games.  Rotoworld logic, gotta love it.

Did I suggest dropping Golladay? Poor reading comprehension on your part. I'd much rather start Reynolds this week at home versus a defense that is totally banged up and has been getting shredded lately versus Golladay who has struggled and now goes on the road with a QB that's been playing like crap this season. How's that for Rotoworld logic?

• Like 2

Reynolds goes as the LAR offense goes. If they are scoring like usual, he will probably do ok and produce WR2/3 numbers. If not, he could end up with a goose egg.

3 minutes ago, vinnyw28 said:

Did I suggest dropping Golladay? Poor reading comprehension on your part. I'd much rather start Reynolds this week at home versus a defense that is totally banged up and has been getting shredded lately versus Golladay who has struggled and now goes on the road with a QB that's been playing like crap this season. How's that for Rotoworld logic?

You're right I did read it wrong.  That's my bad.

With that said, I would be hard pressed to start either of them.  I can't trust anyone in the playoffs that has 5 recs/50 yards combined over their last 2 games.  If I had to pick it would probably be Golladay.  Regardless of matchup I'd rather go with the clear cut #1 option that has a track record of being productive and is far more talented, over the guy that's probably the #4 option and hasn't really done much.  Reynolds is very hard to trust this week.

4 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Probably. I mean if Goff has enough time progress to his 4th options he’s okay. Chicago is excuseable, but to say they faced tough defenses two straight weeks is laughable, which was made earlier.  Gurley and Woods had pretty great games against Detroit and the Rams put up 30 points, right around their season average.

I don't really look at it that way, that Reynolds is always the 4th option. Gurley is Gurley he will get his. But unless it's some sort of design play/wheel route , usually to Cooks , sometimes to Woods. Goff will throw it to whoever is open, or whatever matchup they wish to exploit. Not saying Josh is better or their go to guy, but in the Rams offense we all know they run their 3 wideout sets almost always. Atleast the opportunity to score or break a long one is there, all I'm saying. 

7 hours ago, CamNewton said:

I would start galladay over him 

my options are iffy at the moment and will depend on odell

35 minutes ago, LuckBox1 said:

Droppable.

Welcome to the forums - based on your last 15 posts or so, you’re going to fit right in here.

• Haha 2

Really contemplating benching Boyd for Reynolds. Eagles D is weak especially their secondary.. could be a great week for Reynolds owners 

2 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Really contemplating benching Boyd for Reynolds. Eagles D is weak especially their secondary.. could be a great week for Reynolds owners 

it's a nice thought, but remember there are 2 other guys named Cooks and Woods who have just as good a matchup and they are both higher on the pecking order.  Boyd is the number 1 in a good matchup, it is just a question of qb play, it is a home game so things should be better.  to play reynolds over boyd  is a hero ball type move to get bragging rights,  with the data at hand it isn't the right move, both have good matchups at home.  

35 minutes ago, Panthor said:

it's a nice thought, but remember there are 2 other guys named Cooks and Woods who have just as good a matchup and they are both higher on the pecking order.  Boyd is the number 1 in a good matchup, it is just a question of qb play, it is a home game so things should be better.  to play reynolds over boyd  is a hero ball type move to get bragging rights,  with the data at hand it isn't the right move, both have good matchups at home.  

Based on the data I've been looking at, that's actually not completely true at all.  As depleted as PHI's secondary is, they're near the bottom of the league in fantasy points allowed (as in, they don't give up very many) to slot receivers somehow.  They have been completely gashed on the outside though, being the 2nd most generous to LWRs and the most generous to RWRs.  Woods has moved into the slot primarily since Kupp went down, giving Reynolds a very favorable matchup on either side.

It can't be SO crazy to want to play a guy catching passes from Goff rather than the legend of Jeff Driskel, can it?  I can see the merits to what you're saying, but I want to add that calling such a move a "hero ball" play, is a very extreme, knee-jerk reaction with zero good intentions.  It simply wasn't necessary to add imo, you could have excluded it entirely and it would have led to a more constructive stance.

Edited by Bryce84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Hilton insurance. When looking at the Eagles bleeding points to outside WRs and TY's matchup against a tough Cowboys D, I honestly feel much better taking the Reynolds flyer than I did initially.