JacobThunder15

Ranking WRs TOP 5 ROS? (PPR)

Recommended Posts

Curious what the consensus is ROS for the best WRs to have for the playoffs and would love to hear others thoughts.

My order right now would be 

 

Brown

Thielen

Odell

Hopkins

Adams.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on weeks 15 & 16, my order would be:

AB

Nuk

Hopkins

Adams

Thielen

And this is only going off the teams they are up against & those teams current rankings vs WR, in 1 of my leagues. But to be honest, these are like 1A-1E, so it's a flip of the coin. All of these WR are studs & can help win a ship!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No love for Michael Thomas? I think you’d have to at least take him over Odell ROS. 

 

Also, T. Hill is #1 in WR fantasy points in most formats. Don’t sleep. 

Edited by SenatorSpaceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

No love for Michael Thomas? I think you’d have to at least take him over Odell ROS. 

 

Also, T. Hill is #1 in WR fantasy points in most formats. Don’t sleep. 

I like Hill but he isnt as talented as the rest IMO. He makes the big plays on long receptions but I dont see him making one-handed grabs or heavy in traffic catches when Mahomes isnt on the money. And this is coming from a person who knows Mahomes and went to college with him lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I like Hill but he isnt as talented as the rest IMO. He makes the big plays on long receptions but I dont see him making one-handed grabs or heavy in traffic catches when Mahomes isnt on the money. And this is coming from a person who knows Mahomes and went to college with him lol

 

Everyone has some reason why they aren’t big on Hill but ten weeks into the season he’s the #1 WR in most standard and half-PPR leagues, #2 in full-PPR. Those are the facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

 

Everyone has some reason why they aren’t big on Hill but ten weeks into the season he’s the #1 WR in most standard and half-PPR leagues, #2 in full-PPR. Those are the facts. 

Then those numbers are skewed. I dont care if he can give me 30 one night and 14 another Id like to see some consistency and he certainly has the upside of most low end WR1 high end WR2 but I wouldnt rank him top 5 ROS. I dont want to have to predict him getting me 20 points to win the playoffs and he falls short when I could go with any of the guys above and get a little more consistency in the redzone, more yards per game etc.

I.E. rankings dont matter to me. Melvin Gordon missed a game and is now RB6 but there arent 6 better RBs ROS to play with lol

Edited by JacobThunder15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very hard to rank these 5 but in no certain order will say: 

 

Thomas, Hill, Theilen, Adams, AB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Very hard to rank these 5 but in no certain order will say: 

 

Thomas, Hill, Theilen, Adams, AB 

You like Thomas over Thielen? Why isnt Nuk in your top 5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

No love for Michael Thomas? I think you’d have to at least take him over Odell ROS. 

 

Also, T. Hill is #1 in WR fantasy points in most formats. Don’t sleep. 

Hill might be one by total points.  But most WR's have had their bye and Hill is around 4 or 5 on average per week.

 

My top 7 in PPR because really you can make a case for any of them as the top WR:

Brown(target monster and has been top dog for years)

Hopkins(huge target share with no Fuller)

Theilan(Been amazing but Min D is starting to come around, which will limit his insane volume to start season)

Thomas(Would be one in my opinion if he got more volume)

Adams(Last man standing of the starting GB WR's)

ODB(limited by Eli)

Hill(Would be higher in standard, could make a case for 1 in that format)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take. Probably an unpopular opinion!

 

Antonio Brown

Michael Thomas

Hopkins

Adams

OBJ

Tyreek Hill

Adam Thielen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyreek Hill is #1 in standard by average points, but I wouldn't put as my number 1 in rankings.  I would put him in the 5-7 range because he's so big play dependent and doesn't get the consistent end zone targets.  It seems like Thielen is a little banged up right now, so he should be closer to the bottom of the list.  Antonio Brown is obviously great, but I downrate him because he didn't come through in the 2016 playoffs when I needed him, lol.  I didn't see Julio Jones name on the list either.  He deserves to up there too with consistent huge target volume.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Yes, lets see all the new excuses for why Hill being the #1 WR in fantasy is some sort of fraudulent claim lol. 

Lol I dont doubt that he is talented man but thats coming from the biggest over under game in NFL history and Hill and Kelce was KC only reliable targets because they arent running it when they were down to the Rams and needed the big plays. Congrats to you if you have him, but he isnt number 1 ROS. 4-6 range seems more likely with the highest upside out of all the top guys. Funny to me you had no response when I brought numbers to the table and now Hill has a great game and here you are barking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Lol I dont doubt that he is talented man but thats coming from the biggest over under game in NFL history and Hill and Kelce was KC only reliable targets because they arent running it when they were down to the Rams and needed the big plays. Congrats to you if you have him, but he isnt number 1 ROS. 4-6 range seems more likely with the highest upside out of all the top guys. Funny to me you had no response when I brought numbers to the table and now Hill has a great game and here you are barking.

 

Lol right on cue....

 

All pretty bold for a guy who is asking others for help on the internet. This argument is clearly a waste of time, Hill was #1 well before last night’s game. You don’t have him? You don’t like him ROS? That’s fine. But he is #1 through 12 weeks in virtually every format and people still feel the need to qualify that fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SenatorSpaceman said:

 

Lol right on cue....

 

All pretty bold for a guy who is asking others for help on the internet. This argument is clearly a waste of time, Hill was #1 well before last night’s game. You don’t have him? You don’t like him ROS? That’s fine. But he is #1 through 12 weeks in virtually every format and people still feel the need to qualify that fact. 

Thats like saying Thielen is number 2 when the regression was clearly coming. I have him, but theres no way I rank him inside the top 3 because those numbers just arent sustainable. I enjoy getting others opinions on fantasy football that does not have any correlation to real life talent, yes. Thank you for accusing me to a forum based on opinions and stats. Hill has incredible upside, but if everyone saw what you saw in him why is he never ranked inside the top 7 in PPR? ESPN, Yahoo, Fantasypros never have him inside the top 7 because he is a solid floor, big boom or bust guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 9:03 PM, JacobThunder15 said:

Then those numbers are skewed. I dont care if he can give me 30 one night and 14 another Id like to see some consistency and he certainly has the upside of most low end WR1 high end WR2 but I wouldnt rank him top 5 ROS. I dont want to have to predict him getting me 20 points to win the playoffs and he falls short when I could go with any of the guys above and get a little more consistency in the redzone, more yards per game etc.

I.E. rankings dont matter to me. Melvin Gordon missed a game and is now RB6 but there arent 6 better RBs ROS to play with lol

Huh? He has only scored below double digits ONCE in PPR which is the same as Michael Thomas.

 

Hill has had 3 weeks in between 10-15 pts while Thomas has 2 weeks here.

 

Hill has scored in the 20's twice ,30's twice, 40s once, and 50s once. How is that not WR1 material?

 

At some point, its necessary to just call a spade a spade. Hill is a WR 1 and there is no logical debate to refute that. When you rate fantasy WRs, what do you use as criteria since you clearly don't use numbers?

Edited by Godfather131

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the original post, people like myself went off the 5 WR that the OP gave. Looking at my ppr league, here are the scoring leaders:

T Hill 255

Thielen 230

MT  230

D Adams  221

AB 208

Nuk 206

Julio 205

OBJ  203

Imo, all of these guys are WR1!! T Hill is the only WR who hasn't had his bye week, so there is a good chance the others get closer to him. How to rank them? I can't give a solid answer, because I would take any combo of these guys come playoff time & be very happy!! Enjoy the bantering back & forth though, so by all means, keep chatting. :P

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Huh? He has only scored below double digits ONCE in PPR which is the same as Michael Thomas.

 

Hill has had 3 weeks in between 10-15 pts while Thomas has 2 weeks here.

 

Hill has scored in the 20's twice ,30's twice, 40s once, and 50s once. How is that not WR1 material?

 

At some point, its necessary to just call a spade a spade. Hill is a WR 1 and there is no logical debate to refute that. When you rate fantasy WRs, what do you use as criteria since you clearly don't use numbers?

Im not saying he isnt a WR1, but Im not putting him as my number 1. almost half the games he has no TD in which his best games to skew the numbers he has multiple TDs with over 100 yards receiving. In the matchups in which the defense ranks higher he doesnt perform the number 1 value. Id much rather have a guy who averages a TD a week, Adams, Julio as it stands, Nuk. Hill is talented, but Im just not sold on the number 1 value he holds because if I need a win and he decides he doesnt want a TD that week I know hes going to give me low WR value unlike Julio in which his yards always put him top 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im not saying he isnt a WR1, but Im not putting him as my number 1. almost half the games he has no TD in which his best games to skew the numbers he has multiple TDs with over 100 yards receiving. In the matchups in which the defense ranks higher he doesnt perform the number 1 value. Id much rather have a guy who averages a TD a week, Adams, Julio as it stands, Nuk. Hill is talented, but Im just not sold on the number 1 value he holds because if I need a win and he decides he doesnt want a TD that week I know hes going to give me low WR value unlike Julio in which his yards always put him top 5

Julio has 3 TDs in 10 games but averages a TD every week? That's quite a mind bender.

Edited by Godfather131
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Godfather131 said:

Julio has 3 TDs in 10 games but averages a TD every week? That's quite a mind bender.

Im saying the consistency of WR1 numbers comes more from Julio than Hill. Julio is starting to find the endzone, and already had the yards. Hill if he doesnt get the TD on the week he averages around 14 points when Julio has still managed over 20 without the TD. I dont want a boom or bust guy in the endzone when I know the yards from Julio will put up a better floor if Hill doesnt get the TD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im saying the consistency of WR1 numbers comes more from Julio than Hill. Julio is starting to find the endzone, and already had the yards. Hill if he doesnt get the TD on the week he averages around 14 points when Julio has still managed over 20 without the TD. I dont want a boom or bust guy in the endzone when I know the yards from Julio will put up a better floor if Hill doesnt get the TD

What?

 

Games scoring 7-10 pts: Julio 1, Hill 2

Games scoring 11-15 pts : Julio 3, Hill 2

Games scoring 16-20 pts: Julio 1, Hill 2

Games scoring 21-25 pts: Julio 3, Hill 1

Games scoring 26-30 pts: Julio 2, Hill 0

Games scoring 31+ pts: Julio 0, Hill 4

 

This is based on PPR format btw

 

Their low scoring games of 15 pts or less is virtually the same, except Hill just has a higher variance because of his higher ceiling. So yeah, similar floors, but higher ceiling goes to Hill.

 

You were saying?

Edited by Godfather131

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Godfather131 said:

What?

 

Games with scoring 7-10: Julio 1, Hill 2

Games with scoring 11-15: Julio 3, Hill 2

Games with scoring 16-20: Julio 1, Hill 2

Games with scoring 21-25: Julio 3, Hill 1

Games with scoring 26-30: Julio 2, Hill 0

Games with scoring 31+: Julio 0, Hill 4

 

This is based on PPR format btw

 

Their low scoring games of 15 pts or less is virtually the same, except Hill just has a higher variance because of his higher ceiling. So yeah, similar floors, but higher ceiling goes to Hill.

 

You were saying?

That I cant bank on Hill being a number 1 WR because when he doesnt put up the insane high point games he doesnt produce high end WR1 value. Id much rather have a safer floor in Julio with less upside possibility but higher consistency. Julio has had games with 20 plus points and not had a TD unlike Hill and Id much rather have the guy who will get the yards and target shares than hope that Hill gets a big yardage TD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...