Dugout Legend

Gregory Polanco 2019 Outlook

40 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

HR #3 last night off a lefty and he crushed it

I find it encouraging that he's been able to show flashes of elite Exit Velo so far.

His max exit velo of 113.7 is top 40 right now which shows me that his power is there. His hardest hit ball last year was 112.9.

His FB/LD exit velo this year is 93.9 which is right in line with last year of 93.6.

I think the patient rehab is paying off for the Pirates and Polanco so far. I'm seeing some encouraging things so far.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Breakout candidate? I like what I'm seeing.

I feel like the consensus is that he was breaking out last year before the injury. At this point, it's trying to regain that form. I love what I see so far.

Last year Conforto had a similar shoulder injury and it took him half of a season to regain the power. Maybe its too early to declare Polanco fully back, but the signs so far are good. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

Aaannnnddd back on the bench he goes

They face 3 straight lefties so i would find it encouraging if he plays 2/3 (which it seems like they will do)

2 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

His .292/.354/.514 slash suggests otherwise. 

fair enough and I hope he can sustain it but kind of a small sample size. maybe they are playing it safe and will remove the training wheels at some point soon so he can be an everyday fixture and allow him to really go on a tear.

7 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

I find it encouraging that he's been able to show flashes of elite Exit Velo so far.

His max exit velo of 113.7 is top 40 right now which shows me that his power is there. His hardest hit ball last year was 112.9.

His FB/LD exit velo this year is 93.9 which is right in line with last year of 93.6.

I think the patient rehab is paying off for the Pirates and Polanco so far. I'm seeing some encouraging things so far.

Exit velo is the most overrated stat. 

9 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Exit velo is the most overrated stat. 

Explain yourself. Look at the leader board for exit velocity and it's a bunch of bangers.

Another HR against a lefty, too. Great to see.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:59 PM, Hatfieldodger said:

fair enough and I hope he can sustain it but kind of a small sample size. maybe they are playing it safe and will remove the training wheels at some point soon so he can be an everyday fixture and allow him to really go on a tear.

Related image

Think of it this way (re: his rest days off)… he wasn't even expected back until closer to June. This is all gravy and will only get better.

Hit one out of the park last night, into Josh Bell land. Mercy those Bucco's bats are hot right now.

Traded for Gregory in the one league I don't own him recently, I'm all in. In his prime and ready for the breakout that got curtailed last year.

Having Bell behind him will give him more meatballs than your local italian pasta joint.

• Haha 1