Dugout Legend

Gregory Polanco 2019 Outlook

His labrum injury has forced him to start a sliding feet first now. Which could possibly effect his SB numbers moving forward. He only has 1 attempt in 90 ab this year. Without steals his value drops considerably... 

Edited by Kaii23

He's funking pretty hard right now. 8/44 the last two weeks, 4 for his last 27 with 13 k's. Obp of just .303 over the last month with -1 NSB. 

So much potential from a power and speed perspective, but really struggling this year. His 2018 pre/post ASB splits are reason for optimistic thinking, maybe a turnaround this summer, but hard to remain patient. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing that coming back from the injury and missing spring training are the reasons for his struggles right now.  Seemed like the pirates rushed him back too.  

I had to let him go. Without the SBs he doesn’t return enough value. Was hoping for 20/20 or even 15/15. He’s definitely not 100%. 

First two steals of the year last night and a HR today, hopefully he’s heating back up. Did anyone watch last night to see if he slid head first or feet first in his steals?

12 minutes ago, Redsfan34 said:

First two steals of the year last night and a HR today, hopefully he’s heating back up. Did anyone watch last night to see if he slid head first or feet first in his steals?

I saw the 2nd one, it was feet first 

• Like 1

Had to drop him in a 12 teamer. He's just not starting enough. I'll have my eye on him to see if the playing time gets better.

Took Conforto a half a season to get his shoulder right

• Like 1

Trying to hold on until at least the ASB, but its getting hard. But being in a OF position specific league, RF waiver wire is a barren wasteland. 

Sitting again tonight, 5 of the last 6 games (6 of the last 8).

I've tried being patient, he's shown flashes this year, but Melky and Reynolds have forced him to the bench permanently. Won't see the field against LHP any time soon. Time to cut bait. 

Had to let him go too. Too many injuries to start a guy who plays twice a week. Weird situation. Why rush him back if you're not going to play him?

• Like 1

Pulled from rehab game with renewed tightness in his shoulder (same one he previously hurt). Just as a Pirates fan in general, I was really hoping to see him come back healthy. From a fantasy perspective, was potentially low risk high reward ROS option. Don't think there is any glimmer of 2019 fantasy hope now. 

15 hours ago, LoGo said:

Pulled from rehab game with renewed tightness in his shoulder (same one he previously hurt). Just as a Pirates fan in general, I was really hoping to see him come back healthy. From a fantasy perspective, was potentially low risk high reward ROS option. Don't think there is any glimmer of 2019 fantasy hope now. 

doesnt look good - hopefully they shut him down for a while and let him heal up....I'd be happy if he comes back and contributes in September at this point.