garlando

Garrett Hampson 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, TribeFoo said:

Definitely worth a shot for those in contract/dynasty leagues. The Rockies will be carrying the corpses of Murphy and Desmond on horrific contracts next season, so they'll be there to muck things up, but depending on what they do with the OF Hampson has the goods to win a starting job from someone like Tapia.

Can't edit my post but I am aware that Tapia is not a starter when Dahl is healthy. Hampson's shown enough this month to intrigue for next year. Worth a spot to see how it shakes out the in the spring.

3 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Can't edit my post but I am aware that Tapia is not a starter when Dahl is healthy. Hampson's shown enough this month to intrigue for next year. Worth a spot to see how it shakes out the in the spring.

ya, but how deep?  keep 5? no.  keep 8? doubt it.  keep 10?  maybe as your 10th?

thoughts?

Edited by jfazz23

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

ya, but how deep?  keep 5? no.  keep 8? doubt it.  keep 10?  maybe as your 10th?

thoughts?

I'm in a 1-5 contract years 12-team league and I dumped my worst player on a > 1 year contract to have him for at least next season to see how it shakes out. In 12 team and up I could see keeping him as a 10th. Nothing too crazy since he has been bad most of the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

I'm in a 1-5 contract years 12-team league and I dumped my worst player on a > 1 year contract to have him for at least next season to see how it shakes out. In 12 team and up I could see keeping him as a 10th. Nothing too crazy since he has been bad most of the year.

ya i agree.  the cliche is dont ever trust april or september

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

thoughts?

For me, I'm considering him as my 9th in a keeper league where we keep (obviously) 9.  You aren't entirely wrong that you can't trust the bookend months to a season, but given the talent and what he has done in September, I'm more willing to buy into it.  Especially when none of what he is doing this month is something he's not capable of (high average, bit of pop, and plenty of SBs), and you can definitely buy into elite SB production no matter what month it happens in.  Multi-position eligibility (including a still not that deep imo 2B position) and the SB production that got us interested before the season are enough to get me to consider keeping him.

This isn't some out of nowhere prospect like Aquino, so while I'm not going to go crazy over one month and say that he's definitely the fantasy star we were hoping he would be, I'm still going to be more optimistic about him heading into next season for reasons I've already mentioned in the previous paragraph plus the fact that some of his awful start could be because of an injury riddled beginning.  The extremely valuable SB production continues to be a factor as well.

As for playing time, yes this is the Rockies, but I also don't think that will be an issue as long as he doesn't fall on his face in Spring Training.  Somebody has to play 1B, so that could be where Desmond ends up, which would free up either 2B or an OF spot for Hampson and McMahon.  While Hilliard has been good, I don't see him or Tapia truly getting in the way.  Tapia has gotten pushed aside before.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

For me, I'm considering him as my 9th in a keeper league where we keep (obviously) 9.  You aren't entirely wrong that you can't trust the bookend months to a season, but given the talent and what he has done in September, I'm more willing to buy into it.  Especially when none of what he is doing this month is something he's not capable of (high average, bit of pop, and plenty of SBs), and you can definitely buy into elite SB production no matter what month it happens in.  Multi-position eligibility (including a still not that deep imo 2B position) and the SB production that got us interested before the season are enough to get me to consider keeping him.

This isn't some out of nowhere prospect like Aquino, so while I'm not going to go crazy over one month and say that he's definitely the fantasy star we were hoping he would be, I'm still going to be more optimistic about him heading into next season for reasons I've already mentioned in the previous paragraph plus the fact that some of his awful start could be because of an injury riddled beginning.  The extremely valuable SB production continues to be a factor as well.

As for playing time, yes this is the Rockies, but I also don't think that will be an issue as long as he doesn't fall on his face in Spring Training.  Somebody has to play 1B, so that could be where Desmond ends up, which would free up either 2B or an OF spot for Hampson and McMahon.  While Hilliard has been good, I don't see him or Tapia truly getting in the way.  Tapia has gotten pushed aside before.

I’m always interested in Rockies.  Out of curiosity, is David Dahl included in your playing time projections for outfield, or are you just  putting him down for 200 ABs?

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

I’m always interested in Rockies.  Out of curiosity, is David Dahl included in your playing time projections for outfield, or are you just  putting him down for 200 ABs?

I actually considered Dahl.  Dahl, Blackmon, and possibly Hampson (in no positional order).  I'm not sure who the actual better 2B between Hampson and McMahon is, but McMahon has played no OF this season, so I assume Hampson could end up out there for the majority of his time next season if McMahon sticks as the starting 2B.

Anyone in playoffs think he'll continue to be a difference maker this week ?

Going by his minors numbers he shows capable of a good average and top tier speed. Not sure if COL keeps him atop of the lineup or moves him around this week. 

As far as a keeper he's intriguing. Would be interesting to see over a full season how often they let him run. 

10 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I actually considered Dahl.  Dahl, Blackmon, and possibly Hampson (in no positional order).  I'm not sure who the actual better 2B between Hampson and McMahon is, but McMahon has played no OF this season, so I assume Hampson could end up out there for the majority of his time next season if McMahon sticks as the starting 2B.

They also have Rodgers at 2B for 2020. He might start in the minors, but I think he'll factor into the mix. Biggest concern for me with Hampson going forward is definitely playing time.

3 hours ago, tonywow said:

Going by his minors numbers he shows capable of a good average and top tier speed. Not sure if COL keeps him atop of the lineup or moves him around this week. 

As far as a keeper he's intriguing. Would be interesting to see over a full season how often they let him run. 

You gotta like him for the 3 home games vs Mil. I'm running him out there in a weekly lock title match. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bradwatson said:

They also have Rodgers at 2B for 2020. He might start in the minors, but I think he'll factor into the mix. Biggest concern for me with Hampson going forward is definitely playing time.

Didn't think of him.  It's true that he might get a shot again at some point, but I only see that happening if Hampson or McMahon aren't performing.  This is the Rockies as well.  They will let Rodgers rot down there if the option presents itself just like they did with almost every other prospect, or call him up and have him hardly play.

I know I seem like I'm being overly optimistic or borderline biased (or whatever you want to call it), but that's not my intention.  I really don't see Hampson being a problem as long as he performs.

15 hours ago, tonywow said:

He got through my semi final thanks to steals, and HRs are now making a difference for finals week, love this guy! 

• Like 4

Not doing this again with Hampson haha. 

Although I do like the speed, seems like he's the type to feast @ the end of the season when pitchers are winding down. He doesn't hit the ball hard & even though the K% has improved, it still worries me going into next year. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Not doing this again with Hampson haha. 

Although I do like the speed, seems like he's the type to feast @ the end of the season when pitchers are winding down. He doesn't hit the ball hard & even though the K% has improved, it still worries me going into next year. 

Fair enough, although I will do it for you then.  😀

At the very least, I'm very thankful for what he is doing recently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, axiom20XX said:

another steal. this guy has been on a roll the last few weeks, hoping there will be enough hype this offseason for me to move him.

damn it

just realized i might have to take a big risk and keep this guy as my 8th keeper.  playing time concerns me. but cant pass up a guy with 20/40 potential

• Like 1

40 steals I can see with enough PT, but where are you seeing 20 HR potential?

54 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Not saying he’s right or wrong, but it’s likely coming from the HR binge Hampson has been on the last couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Considering he's got 8 in 278 ABs, 20 doesn't sound far off if he played 150 games, especially considering the Coors bump and how terrible he was early in the season.

The guy playing over the past month has been a 1st round fantasy player. Doing it for a full season is a completely different story though of course.

• Like 1