garlando

Garrett Hampson 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Since you posted this ..Garrett Hampson is 0-8 ...

All my fault

I didn't expect my take to be controversial. It just seemed to me that it must suck to own David Dahl, Tapia, Rodgers, Hampson, Murphy or McMahon when the Rocks seem determined to roll out replacement level vets (at best) like Parra, Holiday, Reynolds, Desmond, Ianetta etc. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hgh22 said:

I didn't expect my take to be controversial. It just seemed to me that it must suck to own David Dahl, Tapia, Rodgers, Hampson, Murphy or McMahon when the Rocks seem determined to roll out replacement level vets (at best) like Parra, Holiday, Reynolds, Desmond, Ianetta etc. 

There was a stat going around last year about how rare it was for Bud Black to have a rookie starter under 25 years old. It may have been that he had never had a full time rookie starter under 25 years old.

Story came up with Walt Weiss.

Edited by Bigfische
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

any updates? i know hes running very successfully this spring

Juan Uribe called. He wants his Coors hype back.

• Haha 1

the Rockies should use Hampson as the every day 2B and use McMahon as the utility player that gets starts at multiple positions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Magoo said:

Juan Uribe called. He wants his Coors hype back.

23 year-old 2B, 300+ hitter in the minors, BB/K rate fantastic, and 3 seasons of 3 with 36+ SBs. 

I like that anywhere. Is there a Coors bump that makes that more enticing? Sure. But this isn’t Coors hype. This kid is good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

the Rockies should use Hampson as the every day 2B and use McMahon as the utility player that gets starts at multiple positions.

How about using McMahon as the everyday 2B and use Hampson as the utility 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

How about trading McMahon away or let Desmond slip on a banana peel and McMahon can play in his place.  Hey that got Rodger still in the hopper. IF he can get it together at AAA that is.

• Like 1

How about just letting everyone overpay for both of them at your auction?   

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

last season Hampson saw games at 2B and SS. but McMahon saw more games at 2B, 1B, and 3B.

I didn't check the minors, but doesn't Hampson has more experience at 2B than McMahon.

4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

How about trading McMahon away or let Desmond slip on a banana peel and McMahon can play in his place.  Hey that got Rodger still in the hopper. IF he can get it together at AAA that is.

It’s still not a given that Dahl plays every day given his health history and hitting left handed. Has Hampson been playing OF at all in spring?

15 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

last season Hampson saw games at 2B and SS. but McMahon saw more games at 2B, 1B, and 3B.

I didn't check the minors, but doesn't Hampson has more experience at 2B than McMahon.

The Rockies are trying Hampson in the outfield. Last year he played CF in the minors ans majors, briefly but he has. This spring Hampson has played everywhere ... of, SS, 2B ...McMahon is an infielder. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Weekday Warrior said:

Is there any risk Hampson starts the year in AAA?  Not likely, but not impossible, right?

No chance at this point imo

Hampson vs. McMahon. Should be interesting to see who wins the 2nd base job. It's good news for him that he's getting playing time in the OF, they must want him in the lineup.

2 hours ago, lavaman said:

Hampson vs. McMahon. Should be interesting to see who wins the 2nd base job. It's good news for him that he's getting playing time in the OF, they must want him in the lineup.

Or maybe he isn’t good enough player to be slotted at any of the infield spots, but thank God the Rockies are weak in the outfield. 

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Or maybe he isn’t good enough player to be slotted at any of the infield spots, but thank God the Rockies are weak in the outfield. 

How does this even make sense?  How is he not a good enough player to start at 2B Opening Day for the Rockies?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, shakestreet said:

He is a better fielder than McMahon and that is by light years.  And he can hit and has great speed.  So I have no idea what you are trying to say.

• Like 1