jfazz23

James Paxton 2019 Outlook

36 minutes ago, Jpress82 said:

I think this is the year when he finally breaks out and becomes one of the top starting pitchers in baseball. The stuff is there to give him that cy young type season and a new team might finally push him to greatness even though his new ballpark is a downgrade. I took him over Bauer as my SP2 and i hope i made the right call

ouch!  that's gonna leave a nasty bruise

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jpress82 said:

I think this is the year when he finally breaks out and becomes one of the top starting pitchers in baseball. The stuff is there to give him that cy young type season and a new team might finally push him to greatness even though his new ballpark is a downgrade. I took him over Bauer as my SP2 and i hope i made the right call

at this point you didnt

but anything can happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

at this point you didnt

but anything can happen

Well i am a Yankee fan and i had Paxton on my fantasy team for the past two years so i suppose i am biased but i do believe this could be his year

3 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

you can do better in round 4 or 5.  Bauer, Buehler, Corbin, carrasco, even flaherty should be ahead of paxton IMO

disagree with those two... I think those two belong after Paxton AND Clevinger. The other 3 are head and shoulders above Pax though.

Had him last year in a points league. He was great when he was pitching. But he misses a lot of time.  160 innings last year. I think he was around 130 the year before.  He should get a lot of run support with the Yanks. So if he can stay healthy, I could see 15 wins and 230 strikeouts. That is about where Corbin, and Bauer would be. I'm not sure if Flaherty and Buehler get there. 

2 hours ago, Jpress82 said:

Well i am a Yankee fan and i had Paxton on my fantasy team for the past two years so i suppose i am biased but i do believe this could be his year

also yanks fan.  and if he pitches 200 innings hes gonna be GOLDEN.  big IF though

1 hour ago, 6Kill said:

disagree with those two... I think those two belong after Paxton AND Clevinger. The other 3 are head and shoulders above Pax though.

corbin for sure at this point.  NL pitcher.... coming off 200 season.... good team as well

with flaherty i just like the chances of him being healthy more than paxton.  if you guaranteed me 190 innings from both id take paxton.  so flaherty is a maybe IMO

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Dear god he is brutally bad right now

Brutally bad is way dramatic.. he was painting all day and just missing, Astros had phenomenal eyes at the plate and made him pay. The whip and era are hurting early, but nowhere near panic mode. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

anyone brave enough to start him vs. red sox tonight?...lol

Crossing my fingers.  Behind on innings and everyone I stream blows up so may as well give him a shot.  Feel like it’s not my year for pitching.

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Crossing my fingers.  Behind on innings and everyone I stream blows up so may as well give him a shot.  Feel like it’s not my year for pitching.

roto league here, so it is just a matter of him killing my ratios/ERA....lol

Sox put up 1 run vs. Baltimore.  They haven't been good this year, have to start Paxton.  Although now I've cursed him for a 5 inning 6 ER performance.

roto league here, so it is just a matter of him killing my ratios/ERA....lol

Same.  He has not been kind so far. Not sure if the 6 era or 1.73 whip is worse so far.  At least the game is in Seattle.

Edited by AHF

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

Same.  He has not been kind so far. Not sure if the 6 era or 1.73 whip is worse so far.  At least the game is in Seattle.

seattle??...lol

paxton doesnt play for seattle anymore....smh

• Haha 1

seattle??...lol

paxton doesnt play for seattle anymore....smh

Sorry - New York.  I meant at home rather than in Fenway but my brain shorted out apparently. 

(This is my third consecutive year with Paxton on my roster so I've definitely followed that move closely.  His only good start this year is at home. YTD the Yankees collectively have a 3.33 ERA and 1.17 WHIP at home and a 5.12 ERA and 1.59 WHIP on the road.)

Edited by AHF

Just read his BABIP is sitting at .436 right now so positive regression should be coming.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:31 AM, AHF said:

Sorry - New York.  I meant at home rather than in Fenway but my brain shorted out apparently. 

(This is my third consecutive year with Paxton on my roster so I've definitely followed that move closely.  His only good start this year is at home. YTD the Yankees collectively have a 3.33 ERA and 1.17 WHIP at home and a 5.12 ERA and 1.59 WHIP on the road.)

That home start worked out pretty well!

To quote the great Ray Romano, "Sweet sassy molassy!"

6 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Another dominant outing. Looks like an ace.

looks like a cy young

Glad the Mariners got some fat Sheffield and a pack of smokes for him.  

• Haha 3