jfazz23

James Paxton 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

Paxton leaves after 3 IP? Shocker. He hurt?

3 BB/1 K - hopefully it's just something minor and they pulled him because they could see something was off

Was just going to ask about an injury as well. Shocked he was pulled so quickly with only 64 pitches thrown. 

5 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Paxton has soreness in his knee and will undergo an MRI.

Dang. I knew it had to be injury related. That doesn’t sound good 😕

Here we go Yankees fans. This is what the Mariners have been dealing with his entire career. It's always something with him. 

• Like 3

At least it’s not his arm. Hoping for a Carrasco like outcome. 

5 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

Here we go Yankees fans. This is what the Mariners have been dealing with his entire career. It's always something with him. 

😂  We have some small idea of what dealing with injuries must be like...

"Paxton, who exited Friday's game with left knee soreness, doesn't believe the issue will result in a long-term absence, Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports. "It's frustrating, but I'm not real worried that it's going to be something long-term," the southpaw said. "I think it's going to be a pretty quick fix. I'm looking forward to finding out what's going on."

Paxton has apparently been dealing with soreness in his left knee throughout the season, though Friday was apparently the first time the issue affected his ability to pitch. The hope is that Paxton's knee was simply sore on what was a damp night, though more won't be known until after he undergoes further testing Saturday."

Just put him on the IL now for 2 weeks if it just needs rest, don't let it linger and toy with us all year!

2 hours ago, jahweedum said:

"Paxton, who exited Friday's game with left knee soreness, doesn't believe the issue will result in a long-term absence, Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports. "It's frustrating, but I'm not real worried that it's going to be something long-term," the southpaw said. "I think it's going to be a pretty quick fix. I'm looking forward to finding out what's going on."

Paxton has apparently been dealing with soreness in his left knee throughout the season, though Friday was apparently the first time the issue affected his ability to pitch. The hope is that Paxton's knee was simply sore on what was a damp night, though more won't be known until after he undergoes further testing Saturday."

Just put him on the IL now for 2 weeks if it just needs rest, don't let it linger and toy with us all year!

They'll weigh their options.  I'll hope he doesn't need a trip to the IL.  If he does go to the IL then Jonathan Loaisiga will take his place in the rotation.

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

This was expected, if his knee has been “nagging” him the last several starts, it’s apparent he needs some rest as it finally affected his pitching. I’m glad they didn’t draw it out and instead immediately placed him on the IL.  Hopefully the results of the MRI are good and released quickly. 

Out 3 weeks.  The rule of thumb with James is take his timetable and x by 2.  So 3 weeks?  See you in 6, James.

Paxton to throw tomorrow or Friday.  Said he no longer feels any pain in his knee.

8 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Paxton to throw tomorrow or Friday.  Said he no longer feels any pain in his knee.

Source?

1 minute ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Source?

YES broadcast

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

YES broadcast

Thank you! That’s very encouraging news. Perhaps he isn’t out for three weeks and misses just a start or two. 

8 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Thank you! That’s very encouraging news. Perhaps he isn’t out for three weeks and misses just a start or two. 

Very possible.  When he was first put on the IL, Cashman said he would miss 3 weeks MAX.

Edited by MrBrown

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

Very possible.  When he was first put on the IL, Cashman said he would miss 3 weeks MAX.

But he doesn’t know PAX. His final bullpen session or w/e he’s gonna feel a ‘tingle’ in one of his toes and instantly tack on another 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Any updates on James?

Will throw a bullpen session tomorrow. If he feels good (no issues) I think they'll activate him and have him start early next week vs the O's.

Edited by MrBrown

Bullpen session went perfectly.  May start this upcoming Friday vs the Royals.  Yankees right now have 4 healthy starters.  They plan to use an opener tomorrow (Sunday).  Then it's JA Happ, German, CC, and Tanaka on regular rest.  They'll need a starter for Friday so thats where Paxton fills in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Bullpen session went perfectly.  May start this upcoming Friday vs the Royals.  Yankees right now have 4 healthy starters.  They plan to use an opener tomorrow (Sunday).  Then it's JA Happ, German, CC, and Tanaka on regular rest.  They'll need a starter for Friday so thats where Paxton fills in.

Did it tho? Newest blurb says he still feels discomfort in his knee and hopes he doesn’t feel it at all in tomorrow’s bullpen session. Past Paxton owners know exactly where this is going...

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2019 at 9:56 AM, Cmilne23 said:

Out 3 weeks.  The rule of thumb with James is take his timetable and x by 2.  So 3 weeks?  See you in 6, James.

Still feeling soreness.  So far this is following the typical James Paxton recovery timetable.  Never seen an athlete defy medical timetables in reverse ways more than him.  It’s uncanny.  

• Haha 1

Anyone rolling with him in weeklies? Sounds probable he will be back, but this is Paxton...