jfazz23

James Paxton 2019 Outlook

On 5/24/2019 at 3:41 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Still feeling soreness.  So far this is following the typical James Paxton recovery timetable.  Never seen an athlete defy medical timetables in reverse ways more than him.  It’s uncanny.  

Just look at Stanton.  Going to miss half the season probably with what started as a bicep strain.

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

apparently starting this week at some point

Yeah. Tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, JaJock said:

4 IP? Was that just precautionary? 

Yes.  Had a pitch count just to make sure the knee responds well.  Should have the reins loosened next outing. 

• Like 1

Paxton, won't last long in New York pitching like this, what say you ?

18 minutes ago, Topgun said:

What say I? Fn DBag better quit being a straight meat piper to some of the worst hitters in baseball or he won't last long anywhere most notably on my roster. 

19 minutes ago, Topgun said:

I say pitching sucks. 

He's not healthy. MRI coming up soon. Mark my words.

• Like 1

Dude getting shelled after he was just brought back rom the IL. Guarantee his leg is still bothering him. Most people think the arm is the most important thing for a pitcher but a lot of that power and torque comes from the legs and if his knee is acting up he’s going to continue to serve up meatballs.  The fact that he admittedly said he’s been pitching with knee discomfort should have been a huge red flag in regards to future production. I for one own him and am not surprised of the recent struggles. He needs to be benched until he returns to what he was doing at the beginning of the season and quite frankly I don’t feel that is going to happen until he takes another extended IL stint and rests that knee.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, exm said:

He's not healthy. MRI coming up soon. Mark my words.

He never got healthy again.   They said he was still experiencing knee pain but pitched him anyway.   That's a great way to lead to a cascade injury that affects something important like his arm. 

• Like 1

No bueno Mr Paxton. I think there might be something to him not being 100% still.  Or maybe he's just not good outside of Seattle.

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

No bueno Mr Paxton. I think there might be something to him not being 100% still.  Or maybe he's just not good outside of Seattle.

He’s been excellent at home this year.  I’d say this was an aberration on a really hot day.

1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

Thought this was the Snell thread 

Too funny.

Honestly I saw Paxton's line today and really didn't think much of it.  Just a run of the mill blowup these days.  Just last year people would be besides themselves.  

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

He’s been excellent at home this year.  I’d say this was an aberration on a really hot day.

The earned runs can be explained by the weather but the walks are harder to swallow with that excuse.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

The earned runs can be explained by the weather but the walks are harder to swallow with that excuse.

Yep, his control was off today.  Sometimes that happens with him.  And unfortunately he does not handle adversity well at all.

Just put his inured @ss on the IL, already.  And leave him there, until he's healthy.  Since returning from his original IL stint, he's been atrocious.  I can't even look at his stupid, dumbfounded face, anymore.  Stupid hoser.

He’s literally allowed three runs combined in his previous two starts (14 Ks) with only 4 combined walks.  Won both of them.  Truly atrocious.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:11 PM, BMcP said:

He’s literally allowed three runs combined in his previous two starts (14 Ks) with only 4 combined walks.  Won both of them.  Truly atrocious.

Agreed. The overreactions are comical.