DoctorLove

Thomas Bryant - 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

Just now, PandaStyle said:

Just confused as to why he sat the entire second and fourth. The kid was going off in the third, they're up by 20 now late fourth and freaking Beal, Porter, and Sato are still out there. Whatever

i think he sat the 2nd due to foul trouble...and he probably woulda played the 4th if this wasnt a blowout

he definitely deserves more PT either way though

Tempted to drop for Dedmon or Bagley but everytime he's out there he looks so good.  Play him Brooks!

Edited by wallacesnoop

What in the world Scott Brooks is doing playing Mahinmi over Bryant... Is this some kind of impersonation of Thibs???

2 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

Tempted to drop for Dedmon or Bagley but everytime he's out there he looks so good.  Play him Brooks!

don't do it...he's going to be on point once he gets consistent minutes, and the circumstances that prevented his minutes in this one arent going to be reoccuring 

• Thanks 1

Just now, COBBLEPOT said:

don't do it...he's going to be on point once he gets consistent minutes, and the circumstances that prevented his minutes in this one arent going to be reoccuring 

True, but I'm also a little worried about Markieff and Dwight.  He can be gold with 25 mins consistently.

6 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

I would roll Dedmon as he's already locked in as a starter and getting minutes, however if Kieff and Dwight don't take Bryant's minutes he has huge upside and will probably be better.

Also Washington has the better play off schedule so if you're ahead you might as well hold, if you're fighting for play offs go Dedmon. 

28 minutes ago, Goku said:

I would roll Dedmon as he's already locked in as a starter and getting minutes, however if Kieff and Dwight don't take Bryant's minutes he has huge upside and will probably be better.

Also Washington has the better play off schedule so if you're ahead you might as well hold, if you're fighting for play offs go Dedmon. 

I'm overloaded on days the Wizards play so I actually get more net games by rostering Dedmon or Bagley.  Agree that Bryant's upside is higher if everything breaks correctly.

i think dwight comin back is 50/50 right now.....thats the only way i see washington not rolling out TB full force post ASB

1 hour ago, fedade said:

What in the world Scott Brooks is doing playing Mahinmi over Bryant...

Size. They were playing Embiid

also won by what, nearly 30 ? I'd say he got it right

Do... not...drop...he's done with the gauntlet finally and actually fared pretty well considering the matchups...

The Choo-choo is chuggin...:ph34r:

• Like 1

So productive every minute - he's looking like a hold in 10+ team leagues right now.

Any chance that Kieff and Howard get moved out?

I would hope that GM knows Bryant has the tools to become something great and develop him asap.

I'm glad most of us agree that he's actually a very good player.  Probably not a star or anything, but quite a well-rounded player and incredibly useful for fantasy if he had minutes.  Sure, he's not producing mind-boggling numbers, but he's capable of hitting 1-1-1....with 66% FG and 85% FT?!  On extremely limited minutes?  You don't really get that with most Cs.

Also just FYI, they used Mahinmi to combat the size and strength of the previous 4 matchups' centers.  Remember, Bryant's gradual decline in minutes started when he began playing Whiteside, then Adams, then Embiid twice.  However, his next few games will be against BroLo and Ibaka, who now are basically perimeter guys, so his PT should rise a bit, and then followed by a ONE GAME WEEK (ugh) against Kornet, lol.  So aside from him only playing once next week, it's looking up a bit. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MWon said:

I'm glad most of us agree that he's actually a very good player.  Probably not a star or anything, but quite a well-rounded player and incredibly useful for fantasy if he had minutes.  Sure, he's not producing mind-boggling numbers, but he's capable of hitting 1-1-1....with 66% FG and 85% FT?!  On extremely limited minutes?  You don't really get that with most Cs.

Also just FYI, they used Mahinmi to combat the size and strength of the previous 4 matchups' centers.  Remember, Bryant's gradual decline in minutes started when he began playing Whiteside, then Adams, then Embiid twice.  However, his next few games will be against BroLo and Ibaka, who now are basically perimeter guys, so his PT should rise a bit, and then followed by a ONE GAME WEEK (ugh) against Kornet, lol.  So aside from him only playing once next week, it's looking up a bit. :D 

Do you think against Bucks he will play enough (20-25 mins at least)? I am scared they will go small with Green at C. Brooks really likes that stupid rotation. Embiid and Adams made very good stats against Green.

Last two games were blowouts and i don`t trust the "size" for the reason, when the game is over to play your 30+ years old 3rd C more mins instead your young rising backup C, who should gain experience and confidence exactly in these games. Brooks is just awful coach who don`t want to develop him and really likes Green (he moved Otto to bench for this guy). But Bryant has too good potential to be dropped and around the deadline we will know what is the direction for this Wiz team and for Bryant`s mins. I will drop him only if some miracle happens in Minny and Gibson is traded soon, to pick Dario who was just dropped.;)

1 hour ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

What are your thoughts on dropping Bryant for Bagley or Nance... considering he only plays once in week 14.

Obviously for that one week, those guys will have more value.  Bagley might sit back to backs and is on a minute restriction.  If you can sustain the 1 week hit then I'd keep Bryant.

13 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

What are your thoughts on dropping Bryant for Bagley or Nance... considering he only plays once in week 14.

I would hold... it feels like bagley is about a month away from being his old self... nance is out for 4 weeks... no reason to get off the train if it’s for either 

59 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

18 mins in the first half...manhimi with only 5.

tenor.gif?itemid=5803466

• Haha 2

Just now, yeet said:

Looking like a near drop if he doesn't get quality minutes soon. 

Brooks benched him for 2 straight late switches. Green is awful on defense every night, but plays and shoots even more than Otto. There is no way Bryant will get consistent mins under Brooks. Too bad, the kid has enormous potential, both real and fantasy, but not this season and maybe not with this team.

• Like 1

I can't be the only person thats pretty happy with that kind of line?

• Like 2