Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagsfan05

One open roster spot, who do I add? (WHIR!)

ESPN Scoring with full point PPR. Currently 9-2. I have one open roster spot after losing OJ Howard to injury...who I do add from waivers? I can make 2 spots open if I drop someone else you recommend from my team below? Don't suggest dropping a kicker because I picked up Myers to cover Butker's bye this week. My team:

Starting Positions: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

(Team is 9-2)

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: James Conner, Sony Michel, Alex Collins, Nick Chubb, Duke Johnson Jr.
WR: Davante Adams, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Courtland Sutton

TE: Rob Gronkowski
DEF: Bears
K: Harrison Butker, Jason Myers

Available on waivers:
Josh Reynolds

Taylor Gabriel
Anthony Miller
Dontrelle Inman
Keke Coutee
Willie Snead
Sterling Shepard
Gus Edwards
Peyton Barber
Cameron Brate 

5 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

ESPN Scoring with full point PPR. Currently 9-2. I have one open roster spot after losing OJ Howard to injury...who I do add from waivers? I can make 2 spots open if I drop someone else you recommend from my team below? Don't suggest dropping a kicker because I picked up Myers to cover Butker's bye this week. My team:

(Team is 9-2)

WR: Davante Adams, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Courtland Sutton

Available on waivers:
Josh Reynolds

Taylor Gabriel
Anthony Miller
Dontrelle Inman
Keke Coutee
Willie Snead
Sterling Shepard
Gus Edwards
Peyton Barber
Cameron Brate 

I think you need to grab Brate because we all know Gronk is made of glass these days. 

Otherwise, I like Miller and Reynolds the best on that list.

4 minutes ago, habslive said:

I think you need to grab Brate because we all know Gronk is made of glass these days. 

Otherwise, I like Miller and Reynolds the best on that list.

Agree fully.  Target Brate, then Reynolds.  Zero confidence in Gronk.

I would grab Brate for insurance or Reynolds.  Brate has a really good proven chemistry with Winston in the endzone.

Gus is more of a speculative add, but has a really easy schedule moving forward as well

Help with mine too please?

Drop MVS or Sutton for Reynolds and pick up Brate. And drop your kicker if you want to pick up anybody else. I’m sure there are plenty of kickers you can add later in the week. Myers plays on a sh* team and had that one lucky game that blew up his stats. 

Brate and Reynolds definitely.  I just made the exact same moves in two of my leagues.  Trying to gather up all the pieces I can from the best offenses down the stretch.

13 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

(Team is 9-2)

Available on waivers:
Josh Reynolds

Taylor Gabriel
Anthony Miller
Dontrelle Inman
Keke Coutee
Willie Snead
Sterling Shepard
Gus Edwards
Peyton Barber
Cameron Brate 

Reynolds, Brate Miller in that order.

I would grab Brate. Drop Duke for Reynolds. and MVS for Miller.

Thanks for mine

Like others have said I would pickup brate with open spot and Drop MVS for Josh Reynolds, would rather have 3rd option on rams. Brate has done pretty well when oj is out and has good chemistry with winston.

Thanks for the Help, good luck.

Brate is a must due to your roster. I'd add Reynolds and Edwards after that personally. I'd rather have a more solid 3rd RB than a 5th, dropping Sutton and mvs

Brate, for sure.

Drop MVS for Reynolds.

That's probably where I would stay. If you want to burn another waiver priority, I might drop Duke for either Miller or Shepard. I'd shy away from Gus Edwards, because I'm not exactly confident in Baltimore's backfield situation. Isn't Kenneth Dixon returning at some point, too?

add brate as your one spot open.. maybe drop sutton for reynolds but def just add brate as your one free spot for now. 

14 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

(Team is 9-2)

Available on waivers:
Josh Reynolds

Taylor Gabriel
Anthony Miller
Dontrelle Inman
Keke Coutee
Willie Snead
Sterling Shepard
Gus Edwards
Peyton Barber
Cameron Brate 

It's hard not to say Josh Reynolds, although I love Anthony Miller because he's a legit TD threat. Sterling also intrigues me especially due to some of his upcoming matchups, as are Coutee and Snead just because they're so productive catching their targets. It's hard to for me to really know because I'm in such a deep league that if any of these guys showed up as a free agent I'd jump to take him. 

As an example, I'm currently trying to decide which RB to flex in a PPR... Zenner vs Bears or McGuire vs Patriots? 

BTW, I see many saying Brate. Now I'd agree if you can flex TEs, but it sounds like you can only flex WRs or RBs.

I'd cover yourself with Brate just in case of Gronk reinjuring yourself. Wouldn't surprise me if Brate outscored Gronk rest of the year.

MVS, Collins, and Duke Johnson are all droppable pieces to me. 

Brate

Reynolds

Edwards

are the top pickups for me.

Run , dont walk RUN im saying for Josh Reynolds. And secondly drop MVS for Brate hands down, insurance policy for Gronk, and dont be surprised if you start him over Gronk soon enough.  You need a solid starting 3rd WR, and Josh Reynolds is exactly that and then some, on one of the hottest offenses in the league.  Bro your team is set, always start these 3 RBs : Conner, Sony Michel, and Chubb , then your 3 WR's : JuJu , Adams, Reynolds.  Your golden. For now just start Gronk, but have Brate on the bench. One of those two will go off ROS. 

help

Agree with everyone in Brate as insurance on Gronk. After that, maybe Duke or Collins for Edwards. The WRs are all stash plays to me. Maybe Reynolds for Sutton as I’d rather have the WR3 in LA than the WR2 in Denver 

Brate for sure, and I'd ditch MVS or Sutton for Reynolds. Reynolds is a must add IMO, kicking myself for not picking him up after I lost Kupp.

Agree that Brate should be an immediate add.  Gronk has been on and off with health.

You could use more WR depth.  I'd try to get Miller on your team.  I think he's more of a reliable option than MVS to be honest.

I'd also consider Gus Edwards but with Conner, Michel and Chubb your RB group is pretty deep.