Preparing the Kool-Aid

Waiver Wire Gem(s) of the Year 2018-2019

A boring one for 14+ team leagues that I haven’t heard a lot: Dorian Finney-Smith.  Not amazing but his role is stable and he’s been top 150 for the entire season on 10/4 with 1.8 threes, 1.2 spg, .7 bpg.  

Another one is Moore who was drafted (by me) in 16 teamers but not in my 14 teamers.

Also, Jeremy Linz

All of the guys you mentioned are better players but not true WW gems as they were all drafted in my leagues.

collin sexton - quietly becoming an offensive beast. better than trae young. 

montrezl harrell - hands down the ww add of the year thus far 

tristan thompson - who woulda thought he’d be a double double machine having a career year? dude can single handedly win you rebounds. 

jae crowder - a bit of a slump, but looked like a potential ww add of the year a couple weeks ago 

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 7:02 AM, My Dinner With Andre said:

Rodney McGruder

That guy was on no one's radar.

i had him up there earlier in the season, but he’s cooled off substantially 

On 11/21/2018 at 7:50 AM, jmoney23 said:

A couple that have not been mentioned that got drafted in our deeper 14 team league, but probably went undrafted in a fair amount of leagues:

Lamb

Sabonis

Bogdanovic (Pacers)

Sexton (more of a recent addition)

sabonis shoulda been drafted in most leagues 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

sabonis shoulda been drafted in most leagues 

Agree with that, though he did get dropped on a couple of my leagues on the first week of the season by owners picking up Cedi and Monk!  :wacko:

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2018 at 4:13 PM, LuN said:

under 50% draft rate on Yahoo and ESPN to qualify

Harrell, Siakam, Gay, Sabonis don't qualify (I drafted them all too)

harrell and siakam werent under 50% on opening night?? 

In my 16-teamer with deep benches (making the WW essentially like an 18-teamer) the most impactful pick-ups from the WW have been Ryan Arcidiacono, Cory Joseph, Monte Morris, Allonzo Trier, and Bryn Forbes. Unfortunately I missed out on all of them except for Forbes, but on the other hand I'm not sure any of them will be season changing pick ups (though Cory Joseph should be able to keep it up all year I guess).

4 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

picked up Rudy Gay when he was dropped weeks ago...been smiling ever since.

His next injury will wipe the smile off your face.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:42 PM, Lob City99 said:

Siakam

Harrell
T.J Warren

Lamb
Justin Holiday

SGA
Danny Green

and hopefully Mikal Bridges cus i just picked him up :wub:

All of these players were drafted in my league. 

• Like 2

Too many this season. Harrell, Warren, Siakam, Rose, Lamb and seems like Bagley are the top ones. But so many more. SGA, Dinwiddie, Justin Holiday definitely belong up there too.

• Like 1

JJ Barea is low key having a really solid season. He's avging almost 6 dimes a game and 11 pts. These kinds of assists are not easy to get off the wire so he's worth a look for anyone in need of dimes. 

• Like 3

Anyone actually play in a 14++ team league? Lol. Richaun Holmes is the top trending FA in my league right now.......

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mtx said:

Anyone actually play in a 14++ team league? Lol. Richaun Holmes is the top trending FA in my league right now.......

Lol yeah I play in mostly 14+ team leagues. My deepest is a 16 team league with 20 man rosters.  None of the players named here were ever on the waiver wire.  Some of the ones I got late that I’m proud of are Moore, Oubre, Huerter and Omari Spellman.   But I drafted all of those guys. The best person I got off the wire was probably Jerebko. 

Edited by StifleTower2

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Lol yeah I play in mostly 14+ team leagues. My deepest is a 16 team league with 20 man rosters.  None of the players named here were ever on the waiver wire.  Some of the ones I got late that I’m proud of are Moore, Oubre, Huerter and Omari Spellman.   But I drafted all of those guys. The best person I got off the wire was probably Jerebko. 

Man to each their own but personally I don't see the appeal in playing in a league where 320 guys are drafted and Jerebko looks like a waiver-wire steal lol. I have enough of a hassle agonizing over add/drops with more mainstream players let alone trying to decide who's more valuable between guys averaging 18mpg and 6ppg. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, misterj said:

Man to each their own but personally I don't see the appeal in playing in a league where 320 guys are drafted and Jerebko looks like a waiver-wire steal lol. I have enough of a hassle agonizing over add/drops with more mainstream players let alone trying to decide who's more valuable between guys averaging 18mpg and 6ppg. 

I play bigger sized (14+) leagues because there is more money in them.  I didn’t choose the 20 deep roster settings.  Only the commissioner wanted that and everyone made fun of him for it.  It’s a roto dynasty btw with 1050 games capped.  I think he wanted deeper benches just for stashes for the dynasty element of it. 

• Like 1

I'm in a 20 team league with 16 man rosters.....Juancho - Morris - Bembry......Dynasty no money league but all active teams.

I don't see how anyone can play in a Dynasty League for money. Wouldn't the bad teams not come back in Year 2 if they have to pay the same as the good teams? That would just be throwing money away unless you were building a team with younger upside guys.