Sign in to follow this  
hard1

Robert Foster 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

The most FF thing would be Zay posting the big numbers.

That's why you play Foster in your championships and Zay in your DFS B)

• Haha 1

Well with Josh Gordon being out, I have to start Foster now. The WW is bone dry at this point.

4 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Well with Josh Gordon being out, I have to start Foster now. The WW is bone dry at this point.

I'm with you my friend

On Tuesday in this thread, I already said I was rolling out Foster over Josh Gordon.  So Gordon being out doesn't affect me, just prevents me from waffling back!

I do have concerns that the only plays I've seen of him scoring the long TDs seem to be the exact same play.  If I can figure out, I'm sure some smart guy like the Hood can figure it out too.  Let's hope Foster's speed gets him the separation he needs.

Picked up and starting Foster in my championship matchup. Never started a WW receiver in week 16 before. But I've lost Boyd, and no way I'm trusting Samuels with Newton gone.

I tried offering Carson or Mack to a guy fighting for 3rd place in return for Baldwin, but all he'd give was Ridley or Sanu. I like Foster as much as either of those dudes. Here's hoping! My opp has one beast of a lineup.

Any insight on who he'll draw in coverage against New England?  I've read that Gilmore would shadow Zay Jones because "technically" he's the no.1 receiver but I'm suspicious of that theory and feel like New England will treat Foster as the true no.1.  Rolling Foster out in my Championship because I never found a great replacement for AJ Green, hoping for another big day

1 hour ago, poormansmoorman said:

Any insight on who he'll draw in coverage against New England?  I've read that Gilmore would shadow Zay Jones because "technically" he's the no.1 receiver but I'm suspicious of that theory and feel like New England will treat Foster as the true no.1.  Rolling Foster out in my Championship because I never found a great replacement for AJ Green, hoping for another big day

Same, I had to find a replacement for Josh Gordon.

For those of you who are starting Foster, what kind of players are you ranking him above? Someone like Josh Reynolds? I know he's been struggling with Goff's poor play, but he did have 12 targets in the last game. I'm tempted to start him, especially if Gurley sits I have a feeling they're going to want to get Goff back on track. Not to mention it would leave a nice amount targets up for grab with no Gurley.

Edited by RoseLin23

3 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

For those of you who are starting Foster, what kind of players are you ranking him above? Someone like Josh Reynolds?

I just moved him into my starting lineup over DeSean Hamilton. Was concerned about Monday night’s weather in Oakland and just figured Foster has more upside. I also have Tim Patrick on my bench. Lost Boyd so have to roll the dice here. 

16 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Same, I had to find a replacement for Josh Gordon.

For those of you who are starting Foster, what kind of players are you ranking him above? Someone like Josh Reynolds? I know he's been struggling with Goff's poor play, but he did have 12 targets in the last game. I'm tempted to start him, especially if Gurley sits I have a feeling they're going to want to get Goff back on track. Not to mention it would leave a nice amount targets up for grab with no Gurley.

I have Foster in my flex (.5 ppr), after Nuk/Jeffery, but ahead of Moore/Curtis. I may buckle and put McGuire in his place though. Not sure yet.

I'm considering him over one of Julio/Thomas/Samuels...don't think twice if you have him, Allen will be winging it downfield on a hope & prayer after being down fast.

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

brad evans has  him as his #9 wr this week. incoming dud:ph34r:

Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.  At least Brandon Funston is not touting Foster.

Evan Silva likes Foster this week, too.  That's good enough for me.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

I think I'm going with Josh Reynolds. Foster seems to boom/bust to play in the championship.

17 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I have Foster in my flex (.5 ppr), after Nuk/Jeffery, but ahead of Moore/Curtis. I may buckle and put McGuire in his place though. Not sure yet.

Wow, glad I waffled and went with McGuire. Still, no hard feelings Foster, see you next year with more targets!

Apparently he had 2 chances at touchdowns, one was an 85 yard bomb he lost in the sun. Could have had a huge day. Luckily, I still won my championship despite the lackluster game.

I picked him up in my Empire League during week 9.

I see him as a good WR2 in the future (maybe even decent WR2 next season). Allen really seems to like him and he's always putting in the extra effort.