joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

26 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

Can any Chiefs fans comment if Damien or Darrel Williams is the back to own for a cuff to Ware?  Or just screw it, I'll add all three.

Damien had chances before to prove himself and all he proved was hes not a bellcow back. If Ware were to go down, highly doubt Damien would be the lead back.

Based on the little info we've gotten about Darrel, he seems more of the "swing for the fences" stash.

I have Ware and added Damien, especially based on the fact that they’ll possibly use some of his great pass catching ability out of the backfield on third down to spell Ware from time to time

Edited by Conscious Pilot

On 11/30/2018 at 3:08 PM, Nguvocity said:

For us owners who missed out on getting Spencer Ware.. LOL

Pretty much if you missed Ware grab Damien who knows what could happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FouLLine said:

Pretty much if you missed Ware grab Damien who knows what could happen.

I had ware the year he started and i think we all know what a pain in the a** west was. Williams will cut into Ware’s production. 

18 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Wouldn't the Chiefs add someone else at least for practice?

If Ware goes down they definitely will add someone to compete for this job, making this investment even messier.

Why would anyone add Williams? The guy has never averaged more than 3.9 yds a carry in ANY season he's played in the NFL.

16 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Why would anyone add Williams? The guy has never averaged more than 3.9 yds a carry in ANY season he's played in the NFL.

Which Williams?

15 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Which Williams?

Only one has previously played in the NFL

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Only one has previously played in the NFL

Dont back talk me

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Darrell Williams is really the handcuff here.

2 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Darrell Williams is really the handcuff here.

Let me guess ..yep  You missed out on Damien William too huh 

I said the same thing to my friend when he grab Damien because someone else already had Ware.

4 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Let me guess ..yep  You missed out on Damien William too huh 

I said the same thing to my friend when he grab Damien because someone else already had Ware.

Well I got Ware in all my leagues so I don't even have room to roster the next guy down.  I'd just rather take my chances on the rookie rather than the guy with a few years of not producing in The NFL.

Overpaid in dynasty for this guy, since I had the Ware/Hunt combo

I missed out on a Ware but picking up Williams just to see what happens, you never know. I remember a couple of years ago Ingram went down late in the season and everyone thought CJ Spiller was the back to add and it ended up actually being Tim Hightower. 

Ware tweaked his hamstring before they went to OT and I believe he missed all of OT. 

Damien wasn't super productive with his touches, but he still had 8 rushes and 5 targets and got 2 touchdowns from it all. KC has a short week coming up as they play Thursday, so until we get more details on the severity I think you've got to be worried Ware is going to miss next week. Damien appears to be next man up. 

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Haha 1

He's a solid play without Ware, definitely not if Ware is active. My guess is we'll see West as well.

I dont know if I trust him over like a Marlon Mack type even if Ware is out.  Damien is a terrible RB and only saving grace is catches.

I fear if Ware is out, they slide other Williams into Ware role with just a few more opportunities than normal for Dam Williams.  I dont see Damien getting 15 carries suddenly. 

Just now, Zak0221 said:

I dont know if I trust him over like a Marlon Mack type even if Ware is out.  Damien is a terrible RB and only saving grace is catches.

I fear if Ware is out, they slide other Williams into Ware role with just a few more opportunities than normal for Dam Williams.  I dont see Damien getting 15 carries suddenly. 

Don't forget about West.  Always a chance hes active as well. 

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Don't forget about West.  Always a chance hes active as well. 

Yea if Ware is out West will be active.  I just don't see them leaning on Damien Williams outside of a few extra opportunities from his normal role.

Hard to make what the Chiefs will feature this week with Hill and Ware hobbled.  

I still might hold my nose and start him however though ( if Ware is out ) ugh

Edited by Zak0221

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Yea if Ware is out West will be active.  I just don't see them leaning on Damien Williams outside of a few extra opportunities from his normal role.

Hard to make what the Chiefs will feature this week with Hill and Ware hobbled.  

I still might hold my nose and start him however though ( if Ware is out ) ugh

If Ware is out ,  I might start Williams depending on your options but the problem is if West is active then this could dissolve into an unpredictable 3 way time share.  Can't risk that in semis if you have other options like White, Mack, etc who you at least know the risk involved.