Rotoworld.com Forums

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

joebaker23
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

If anyone ( myself included) started Williams tonight obv your RB choices are pretty bad in general so it really doesn't matter

Over/under 53 points 

Chiefs a top 3 offense in yards and pts

Chargers a below average FF rush defense

Chiefs home game on TNF

Relative minor competition for snaps

For FF lineup purposes he is most likely competing against someone’s current RB2 and flex spot. 

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/12/2018 at 10:42 AM, CABLE87 said:

Start Giants Def.

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Insecure much? What do you want? Williams had a great game, I think everyone saw that. 

Read your post, you ate crow hard. 

Basically you were we’re wrong about everything and proved you are a dunce at fantasy football.

6 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

It’s fantasy football bruh, if you were as good as you think are right now you never would have had a need to start Damien Williams.

Nah. Injuries happen. And there were many other choices. Damien was a wise choice. 

Just have fun. Laugh, eat crow, onward. 

17 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Shame on any of you for mentioning the name of Spencer Ware on the inaugural celebration of the one they call Damien.

Have some respect and keep your voices down.

Would you want someone talking about their birthday a week from today, when it's your birthday now? :ph34r:  

My bad. 

Happy Omen day!! 

10 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

L-----

O-----

L-----

epic logic is epic:D

you poor thing. 

Yea it sucked having to face Williams. He had a great game, what do you want me to say?

not like your prediction was much better. You said 46 yards and 1 td lol.

3 minutes ago, Bearcountry said:

Damien Williams thread.

moving on.

There’s nothing to move on to. This is Damien Williams’ crowning achievement. This is what he worked for since he was a pre-teen. This is what he will tell his great great grandchildren when he is 104 years old. This is what he will be remembered for. 

6 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I guess tonight showed all the guys in here calling him a jag and a garbage back really didn't know what the hell they were talkin about.  Guy looked great out there.

Either that or that it doesn’t matter who you stick in that backfield. Considering Williams’ life as a football player I’ll stick with the latter for now.

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Either that or that it doesn’t matter who you stick in that backfield. Considering Williams’ life as a football player I’ll stick with the latter.

I'm not talking about the opportunity.  I'm talking about how he played, looked explosive, played with power, finished runs.  The guy looked great. 

1 minute ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Unfortunately he is probably a drop next week at seattle with ware back.

I wouldn't drop him, but yeah it's going to probably be a one week wonder for most of us. But what a week it was. Guy gave our teams a huge hand in heading to the championship.

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Either that or that it doesn’t matter who you stick in that backfield.

I think this is it. 

A capable dude in that offense. It comes with risk tho. If he fumbled early on or missed a crucial block in pass protection then he could have lost significant time to the other Williams. 

But id start the placeholder RB for the Chiefs in this matchup over anyone on the Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Ravens, Titans, Texans, Raiders, Bucs, Lions, and Redskins. 

2 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

Andy Reid is a brilliant Offensive mind. 

He knows who to start. 

Next week in the championship, you better believe I'm starting Damien again.

Reid also has a history of going with one guy at running back. If Ware is back we'll need to pay attention to media reports. I'm not starting Damien if Ware starts, and he's possibly saved my butt this week so it's not like I hate the guy. It's just how Reid operates, for better or worse. 

From looking at his career game log this does look like his best game ever so I don't blame someone if they had reservations.  It looks like he's had double digit touches about 5-6 times ever.  My recollection of him last year was that he was just a warm body holding Kenyan Drake back but I didn't actually watch him much.  

Outside of Mahomes

9 minutes ago, HTM said:

Next week is @Seattle at night.

That is one of the toughest scenarios for any offense.

I think if Ware is back it probably kills both guys value. 

And I own both btw. 

Outside of mahomes and kelce I wouldn't be thrilled about any of the chiefs at Seattle in prime time

1 minute ago, ZappB said:

From looking at his career game log this does look like his best game ever so I don't blame someone if they had reservations.  It looks like he's had double digit touches about 5-6 times ever.  My recollection of him last year was that he was just a warm body holding Kenyan Drake back but I didn't actually watch him much.  

I think for most people it was never about D. Williams the player.

It was the situation/opportunity.

It was simply that D. Williams was the starting RB for one of the best offenses in the NFL at home on a Thursday night.

That guy, whoever he is, is likely to be highly successful in fantasy.

Just now, OmegaRed88 said:

Outside of Mahomes

Outside of mahomes and kelce I wouldn't be thrilled about any of the chiefs at Seattle in prime time

Yea they just made Minnesota look ridiculous. 

Do not mess with Seattle @home @night. 

Archived