joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

I took this guy out of my lineup 10 mins before the game. MAJOR regrets obv. Could be the difference in walking to the championship.

Classic results over process scenario. Hate seeing the points on my bench but there were enough reasons to rationally sit him. Better than having him go against you.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

There’s nothing to move on to. This is Damien Williams’ crowning achievement. This is what he worked for since he was a pre-teen. This is what he will tell his great great grandchildren when he is 104 years old. This is what he will be remembered for. 

Disagree...I think he'll be remembered more for that.

Edited by psygolf

6 hours ago, HTM said:

Yea... I started DWill and was playing Mahomes... that points swing at the 1 felt really good

Same! Pretty much a 12 point swing

3 hours ago, Heizz said:

I took this guy out of my lineup 10 mins before the game. MAJOR regrets obv. Could be the difference in walking to the championship.

I did the same...five minutes before the game took him out. Congratulations to those that stayed the course and started him. 

11 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm in in my biggest league, full PPR. I'm really good at fantasy football this year for some reason. You will thank me later tonight.

You're welcome.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Classic results over process scenario. Hate seeing the points on my bench but there were enough reasons to rationally sit him. Better than having him go against you.

Interesting, my process led me to plug him in, same process led me to plug in justin too.

-high scoring efficient offense

-offense that heavily involves rb

-offense where backups are able to plug in and produce

-game where both offenses can score at will but with banged up wr groups

-My magic 8 ball confirmed everything when I asked it.

8 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

I had a choice between chubb damien kamara mixon in one, decided damien to the bench in 2/3 leagues... fml

that's a logical choice. mine was easier justin-damien-mixon-cohen-breida/wilson.

I took the potential volume in high powered offenses over the uncertainty of cohen+breida/wilson, so mixno-justin-damien got the starts. 

I'm feeling like a pimp for playing him over David Johnson last night. anyone think he's doing enough to take the starting spot from ware?

Edited by erollinc

Just now, erollinc said:

I'm feeling like a pimp for playing him over David Johnson last night. anyone think he's doing enough to take the starting spot from ware?

Probably not since they lost the game

Just now, erollinc said:

take the spot? No, earn more playing time with a healthy ware.  .yes.

Just now, Rickydragon said:

Probably not since they lost the game

Defense collapsing and Bolts taking the momentum  is not going to affect the rb position for the chiefs

Agree with Roto that next week could get messy with Ware back.  Sort of a Breida/Wilson scenario if they both play.

We'd basicaly be guessing on who ends up in there in the red zone

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Defense collapsing and Bolts taking the momentum  is not going to affect the rb position for the chiefs

Nobody in real life cares about ppr value.  This guy couldn’t close the deal with a 2 score lead.   No way he takes over

I ended up sitting him only bc i didnt want two thursday night wild card plays and i thought justin jackson would be the better of the two and stuck with cohen. My plan had been williams all week bc i thought at the very least gordon would suit up but when he was ruled inactive i decided to roll with jackson. Sucks of course..but the keenan allen 0 sucks worse

4 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Nobody in real life cares about ppr value.  This guy couldn’t close the deal with a 2 score lead.   No way he takes over

He didn’t even get a chance to lol. He looked way more exlosive and decisive than ware did. I wouldn’t be surprised if Williams starts again next week and they rest Ware.

13 hours ago, All Knowing said:

i don't predict him to get a td is what i'm saying....he has a 15% chance at a td i guess, but i'm not gonna add that to his ceiling becuase its not likely, i would if i had him closer tpo 50% chance....i say its not likely because they have 1 or 2 other rbs i believe he'll be sharing carries with,we dont know who the goalline back is, and andy ried already perfers to throw on the goalline when he has real talent like ware or hunt at rb. this is why i have his ceiling capped at 11.5, anyone can score a td, a fullback or a olineman can score a td, a defensive player can score a td, but you dont add things with such low probability into ceiling floor predictions.

Any more of your ingenious insight?

This dude literally spent all Thursday trashing Damien Williams and advising people to start any and every RB under the sun over him.

Sorry to anybody who took this clowns advice.

The rest of us should cruise to the finals.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

^ Ware owner

• Haha 1

Just now, JDE said:

Any more of your ingenious insight?

This dude literally spent all Thursday trashing Damien Williams and advising people to start any and every RB under the sun over him.

Sorry to anybody who took this clowns advice.

The rest of us should cruise to the finals.

So true.  Everything he stated was pure fact as written. How dare anyone have a dissenting opinion. 

3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

^ Ware owner

I know it’s hard but separate your fantasies from reality.  In fantasy it was euphoric.  But if they couldn’t bell cow the guy to the finish what does that say about their strategy.  No way they lose this game with hunt 

4 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

So true.  Everything he stated was pure fact as written. How dare anyone have a dissenting opinion. 

Seriously, nearly any and all remotely optimistic comments on Damien were quickly met with “He sucks,” “Look at his numbers in Miami,” “Charcandrick West”

I don’t get it. If you don’t like him, just call him a risky play and move on to a different player thread. Why spend your entire day commenting in the thread of a player you think sucks?

I just feel bad because he was actually successfully convincing several people to start guys like Mark Ingram and Sony Michel over Damien.

1 minute ago, Rickydragon said:

I know it’s hard but separate your fantasies from reality.  In fantasy it was euphoric.  But if they couldn’t bell cow the guy to the finish what does that say about their strategy.  No way they lose this game with hunt 

I believe they mentioned that the rushing stats have improved since Hunt was released.