Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook


joebaker23
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

I believe they mentioned that the rushing stats have improved since Hunt was released.

Dude they couldn’t hold a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter.  What stats?  Do you think Andy is sitting around feeling good about stats 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Dude they couldn’t hold a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter.  What stats?  Do you think Andy is sitting around feeling good about stats 

I hear you...it was crazy decision to put Williams on defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

If you look at the reasons they lost that game, Damien Williams was not one of them. 4.9 ypc and 2 TDS. I’d be more concerned with that swiss cheese defense of theirs. 

They also mentioned that SD is one of the few teams in the NFL that field a Top 10 Offense & Defense

 

...maybe the chargers are good (?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

If you look at the reasons they lost that game, Damien Williams was not one of them. 4.9 ypc and 2 TDS. I’d be more concerned with that swiss cheese defense of theirs. 

 

Honestly, the refs were so horrendous in this game I think the Chiefs would have blasted the refs if it wasn't for the helmet to helmet Rivers play at the end that was so bad it basically balanced it out.  Even the refs knew they ******** up so bad, they threw a defensive holding penalty the play after to not make it controversial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Either that or that it doesn’t matter who you stick in that backfield. Considering Williams’ life as a football player I’ll stick with the latter for now.

but.....isn't that exactly what we said? You argued profusely that JAG level talent does not trump opportunity. That's where you hopefully learned the biggest lesson. Fantasy doesn't always care about "career stats". The best managers embrace that and take risks that counter popular or even "expert" opinion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

If you look at the reasons they lost that game, Damien Williams was not one of them. 4.9 ypc and 2 TDS. I’d be more concerned with that swiss cheese defense of theirs. 

If he was a lead back, why would they limit him to 10 carries.  He had 22 yards on the first play.  So he had 27 yards in the next 55 minutes.  A real lead back puts the game away with a big 4th quarter lead.  Like I said, I doubt Andy cares about what the ppr points look like.  They needed to move the chains and didn’t. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Dude they couldn’t hold a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter.  What stats?  Do you think Andy is sitting around feeling good about stats 

 

Andy is reviewing why his offense couldnt produce another score and why his special teams screwed up and why his defense couldnt make a single stop. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pass catching back, but he truly sucks running between the tackles. I was afraid of the vulturing. Honestly im glad i have him on my bench instead of other peoples lineups....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Great pass catching back, but he truly sucks running between the tackles. I was afraid of the vulturing. Honestly im glad i have him on my bench instead of other peoples lineups....

He was gashing them up the middle. Trucked a dude once he got into the secondary. He looked pretty damn good to me last night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lindown said:

anyone knows if he will start over ware for week 16? tough game in seattle

No.  I would say no one knows at this point.  Too many variables at this point.  Enjoy the production this week and worry about next week on Tuesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

take the spot? No, earn more playing time with a healthy ware.  .yes.

 

Ya I'm guessing both these dudes won't be startable next week unless Ware stays hurt.

 

But thatnk you Damien for your contribution to the TY Hilton Experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RxD said:

He was gashing them up the middle. Trucked a dude once he got into the secondary. He looked pretty damn good to me last night. 

 

You are insanely wrong, he was not gashing them what so ever, they would have won if that was the case

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

Literally had one decent run up the middle.

Wrong. He had a great run that was called back. They also didn't lean on the run game. I'm not saying he's great, but he looked pretty good last night against a decent defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

 

You are insanely wrong, he was not gashing them what so ever, they would have won if that was the case

Nah, but unlike you, I don't need to win an argument on Rotoworld. As I said to someone else, I don't think he's great, but he looked a hell of a lot better than a lot of people said he would. He did a decent job of running the ball. "Decent" is what I said to be clear. I'll take my 30 plus points and be content for today. Have a nice weekend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RxD said:

Nah, but unlike you, I don't need to win an argument on Rotoworld. As I said to someone else, I don't think he's great, but he looked a hell of a lot better than a lot of people said he would. He did a decent job of running the ball. "Decent" is what I said to be clear. I'll take my 30 plus points and be content for today. Have a nice weekend!

 

Easy to say when you know you're wrong.

 

edit: You said "gashing them up the middle" - far cry from "decent"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in on the first P here saying how he was 'not good' but I think I may have sold him slightly short...it's so hard to glean too much from his days in that MIA system. It was all about opportunity last night and I am quite glad I popped him in at RB2 over the likes of Sony, Gus, Dixon or McGuire. There was plenty of risk, but the signs did point to GL work and pass catching role. Now he's back to the wire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jalec13 said:

Did you guys watch last week's games? Mixon and cincy ran all over the charger def with Driskel as their qb. Now they are on short rest. Williams will be the goaline back. Williams likely will score a td tonight. Id say over 50% chance. Sure he is no special talent, but his floor is likely 10+ in ppr with a ceiling of 25-30. Solid rb2 with upside. Imo start him if you are on the fence. Worst case it gives you more info to make lineup decisions for later. You can be riskier or safer based on how he does. My projection -12 carries for 46 yards, 3 catches for 30 yards, and 1 TD.

Hmm, someone called a 30 pt ceiling... And yes I am starting him next week too even if Ware is active, though I think they rest him to be safe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Andy is reviewing why his offense couldnt produce another score and why his special teams screwed up and why his defense couldnt make a single stop. :lol:

Let's be real...Andy is reviewing the menu at Denny's right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...