joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, nosh0t said:

To be fair @All Knowing send me a PM 1 min before game time and told me to plug in DW - phew.

I told him like 10 min before the game I was playing William's. Prob just relaying the message.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Leave the call outs to the people who actually saw the big game coming then champ. You aren’t as good as you think you are, JAG poster with an ego the size of the moon.

To be fair, Joe Odam was easily one of the biggest Damien Williams advocates in this thread leading up to the game, he definitely predicted a double digit floor with the potential for a major breakout performance.

When you heavily back a sleeper RB waiver pickup in the semifinals, and he ends up delivering on all counts, you’ve earned the right to dish out call outs.

20 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

That’s not how this works champ. Lol

when you’re right, you get to call out the people who are...wait for it....wrong

it seems you’re really struggling to find the courage to admit to all of us that...well...put our money where our mouths were by starting him...that you were grossly mistaken. Once you do, this will all be over 😘

It’s funny how bad you want me to tell you that my prediction was wrong and you were right (which you weren’t. If you were you’d have definitely quoted your statline prediction by now). Must be hanging on my every post.

Not really sure why you need to hear it from me though, I think anyone can compare a post and a statline and make their own determinations. Must be some deeper underlying issues. Maybe lacked attention as a child? Notice how nobody else really cares about getting their ego stroked?

Edited by MJJ28

Just now, MJJ28 said:

It’s funny how bad you want me to tell you that my prediction was wrong and you were right. Must be hanging on my every post.

Not really sure why you need to hear it from me though, I think anyone can read a post and a statline. Must be some deeper underlying issues. Maybe lacked attention as a child?

3557d382-5035-41ee-b836-9ab6c666fc56-Esc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let's switch gears and all agree he is a first round re-draft next year with how he played!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nosh0t said:

Let's switch gears and all agree he is a first round re-draft next year with how he played!

#1 pick.

• Like 2

Just now, nosh0t said:

I don't know about him in particular but one of the KC chiefs RBs will probably be 2nd-3rd round at worst, depending on league size.

21 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

It’s funny how bad you want me to tell you that my prediction was wrong and you were right (which you weren’t. If you were you’d have definitely quoted your statline prediction by now). Must be hanging on my every post.

Not really sure why you need to hear it from me though, I think anyone can compare a post and a statline and make their own determinations. Must be some deeper underlying issues. Maybe lacked attention as a child? Notice how nobody else really cares about getting their ego stroked?

Say it....come onnnnnnnn

you got this!! 

Say it!

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

I don't know about him in particular but one of the KC chiefs RBs will probably be 2nd-3rd round at worst, depending on league size.

Yep, its the system, not the RB. Damien Williams was hot garbage in Miami but the lead back in Reid's system has been a top 10 fantasy RB the past 12 years I believe. I always try to get the main RB on his team. Charles, West, Ware, Hunt, Williams....Same with the Steelers, its the system. Bell, Williams, Conner, Samuels...you can plug pretty much any RB into these systems and they will look great. Bell and Hunt will not be anywhere near as effective on other teams next season. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Agreed 

Why? Its a must win game for the Chiefs and Seattle is in the bottom half of the league in rush defense, they give up 114 yards per game. No one is scared of their rush defense. Im starting both Ware and Williams if Ware is healthy and win my playoff game this week. 

• Like 2

Not David Johnson, not Lesean McCoy, Not Lamar Millier, Not Chris Thompson, Not Dion Lewis.......BUT Damien Williams will win me a championship......

gotfa love FF.

56 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Why? Its a must win game for the Chiefs and Seattle is in the bottom half of the league in rush defense, they give up 114 yards per game. No one is scared of their rush defense. Im starting both Ware and Williams if Ware is healthy and win my playoff game this week. 

I mean if you have nobody better at RB sure... but it could be a straight timeshare without knowing who will benefit if either of them. 

Kudos to those who were spectacularly wrong but came back for their crow. We're all wrong sometimes but having strong debates with facts and good reasoning other than 'gut feelings' leading up to the game is what makes this all a lot of fun and helps everyone. 

Cheers to everyone who started Mr. Williams, and to those who didn't I hope you'll still be able to skate past your opponent this week. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HarambeLives said:

I mean if you have nobody better at RB sure... but it could be a straight timeshare without knowing who will benefit if either of them. 

Ware put up 16 last week, Williams put up 17 last week and 28 last night. I doubt many have other RBs capable of that. I mean hell, I have Zeke and Im still going to play Ware in my RB2 and Williams in my flex over Cohen next week most likely. 

Edited by Dexter75

I was wondering why this was bouncing on top of the threads today - assumed it was a bunch of hot-air-bloviating-score-settling and resisted coming in until now

:confirmed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Yep, its the system, not the RB. Damien Williams was hot garbage in Miami but the lead back in Reid's system has been a top 10 fantasy RB the past 12 years I believe. I always try to get the main RB on his team. Charles, West, Ware, Hunt, Williams....Same with the Steelers, its the system. Bell, Williams, Conner, Samuels...you can plug pretty much any RB into these systems and they will look great. Bell and Hunt will not be anywhere near as effective on other teams next season. 

With a system like this they should be able to save a ton of money picking up guys off the street to slot in

Thanks to a little research and this thread I started Damien last night and enjoyed 23 standard points.  I went from Gordon to Eckeler to gulp.. Jordan Howard.  Dumped Howard for Williams and I'm on my way..Still have Zeke and Chubb to go.. 

21 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

With a system like this they should be able to save a ton of money picking up guys off the street to slot in

Ha - yep - theoretically, and I know what you're getting at.

It's just that this kind of thing will never go away, because of lack of film on the dude stepping in.

Film of The Omen performing in an unimaginative, kindergarten-level offense, at-best, vs The Omen in a legitimate NFL offense - well, it's going to look like there must be something wrong with the film.

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Not David Johnson, not Lesean McCoy, Not Lamar Millier, Not Chris Thompson, Not Dion Lewis.......BUT Damien Williams will win me a championship......

gotfa love FF.

Hey it happens--as odd as it is when it does. My favorite is Tim Hightower in 2015 in Week 16.

Regarding the system, the system can produce the bulk of value as we have seen with Reid for two decades now with two teams. I think the difference between an elite player like McCoy and Charles to a good player like Ware to JAGs is one of degree. The ceilings are much higher with the better talents and they are more consistent on week to week basis. We often see JAGs come in and have a big game and then go for 14/40 the next week. Yeah, that happens even with stars but it is much less frequent.

Knile Davis out up big games in the Reid system and washed out the league shortly after leaving KC.

Edited by Ace_King

Damian Wally Pipp Williams fearlessly leading the bravest of fantasy football owners to championships. What a time to be alive!

I just wanna say, I'm really disappointed in my decision to bench Damien for Justin Jackson.  Coulda added another 10 to my total.  Which coulda made up for the ZERO keenan racked up for me.  God. Damnit.

2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

No you dont. I'm averaging 143 a game in a half point PPR and outscored the next closest team by 276 points in a 10 man league. I have Mahomes, Ware, Williams, Zeke against TB, Davante Adams against the Jets, Thielen against Detroit and then Cohen and the Chicago D against SF. I would shred you. 

what about Josh Adams? Quit acting like you are some savant for starting Williams, you were begging for start sit advice in the AC thread prior to the game, asking if you should start Damian Williams over Josh Adams..

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, GChicago said:

He also never ran for more than 181 yards in a season.  I mean, I'm starting Williams, but everyone should go in with their wide open.  This is not a NFL caliber starting running back.  He's a 3rd down back that hopefully can take advantage of a great opportunity for a game or two.

Hindsight's obviously 20/20 but both before and in this game he looked like Kamara compared to Ware. I agree his career up to this point was mediocre at best but I think it was reasonably safe to assume he could produce in this offense when Ware did (for a game). 

On 12/13/2018 at 3:46 PM, All Knowing said:

you'll see soon enough. Ware is a nfl caliber rb, williams is not...

I'm not gonna come in here and gloat cause this easily could've gone the other way. And I agree that Williams's career up to this point has been pretty disappointing. That said, in the limited time we saw both in this offense, Williams made Ware look like Frankenstein. I think that was very evident. Luckily it played out accordingly.