joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

i really think the biggest factor at play here:

 

Reid:

1.) isnt stupid

2.) has eyes

3.) saw Williams turn in a gem of a performance.

 

any chance, ANY chance that even with a healthy Ware they stick with the more dynamic, hungry back? 

 

dude was running with violence and pass protecting like his momma was playing QB.

 

Edited by viciousphilpy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Ware is healthy there's no chance Williams is the lead back.  He'll go back to his role that he had when Ware was in the lineup which is roughly 6-8 touches.  If Ware is out, he's a RB2/Flex.  If Ware is in, it's waiver wire time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cizastro said:

If Ware is healthy there's no chance Williams is the lead back.  He'll go back to his role that he had when Ware was in the lineup which is roughly 6-8 touches.  If Ware is out, he's a RB2/Flex.  If Ware is in, it's waiver wire time.

I respectfully disagree with this.   If Ware is out, he is an RB1.  If Ware plays, he an RB2/Flex.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I can't say I agree that there is "no chance" he's the lead back. The guy did nothing but exceed expectations last week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, abrunn11 said:

I respectfully disagree with this.   If Ware is out, he is an RB1.  If Ware plays, he an RB2/Flex.   

 

RB1/RB2.  I'm good with either of those.  Essentially I just meant he's in your lineup.  No way he's in my lineup if Ware is on the field.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They are not locked into the #1 seed. If they lose the division they fall to the #5 seed. That's a HUGE difference. Bye week vs first playoff game being on the road.

not this

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

the Chargers had more at stake last week and still sat MGIII ... long term prospects usually trump immediacy, especially when the team has a legit shot at the Super Bowl. 

this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yall Ballsy AF if ware isnt ruled out before the early games sunday and you wait for this sunday night game

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

yall Ballsy AF if ware isnt ruled out before the early games sunday and you wait for this sunday night game

this I don't disagree with. I have Williams locked and loaded ONLY if Ware is out before Sunday's afternoon slate.....before the early games if you don't have an afternoon replacement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll likely have enough notice. I expect that reports today will be pretty indicative in terms of whether Ware will play. If he gets in a limited practice I expect he'll be suiting up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LongBalls said:

You'll likely have enough notice. I expect that reports today will be pretty indicative in terms of whether Ware will play. If he gets in a limited practice I expect he'll be suiting up.

Limited can mean many things. I’ll lose hope when I see a full practice 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

yall Ballsy AF if ware isnt ruled out before the early games sunday and you wait for this sunday night game

It’s all good, I have Hamilton for back up 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, viciousphilpy said:

i really think the biggest factor at play here:

 

Reid:

1.) isnt stupid

2.) has eyes

3.) saw Williams turn in a gem of a performance.

 

any chance, ANY chance that even with a healthy Ware they stick with the more dynamic, hungry back? 

 

dude was running with violence and pass protecting like his momma was playing QB.

 

Agree with everything you posted and I actually think they will. It's a VERY risky gamble (starting Williams in fantasy), but Williams is simply the better back, and the coaching staff can obviously see that. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Agree with everything you posted and I actually think they will. It's a VERY risky gamble (starting Williams in fantasy), but Williams is simply the better back, and the coaching staff can obviously see that. 

 

I want Williams to play as bad as anyone and he's honestly the only reason I'm in my championship, but honestly how can you even say that Williams is the better back?  Ware has a full yard higher average per carry, Ware also catches the ball well out of the backfield.  I think some of you are getting enamored with a guy who performed well in a plus matchup, but to go out and say Williams is better than Ware is just simply not true.  Look at the Baltimore box score if you want to see how both backs perform when actually in the same game.

 

Our best bet for Williams to provide good value this week is only if Ware sits.  It's possible he could poach another TD if Ware plays, but I don't have the stones to gamble on that in the championship week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was interesting....even vs Baltimore it looks like he had just 2 less rushes and 1 more target than he did vs San Diego. Sure. A lot more production vs San Diego, but maybe we are letting that skew our perception of the workload. Even if some of that Baltimore work is due Ware's injury, his scores were in regulation (one in the first quarter). How likely is it that his workload is cut back from the Baltimore levels after last week's performance. Think he'll have value either way. Of course, how much is arguable if Ware plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 8:10 AM, viciousphilpy said:

i really think the biggest factor at play here:

 

Reid:

1.) isnt stupid

2.) has eyes

3.) saw Williams turn in a gem of a performance.

 

any chance, ANY chance that even with a healthy Ware they stick with the more dynamic, hungry back? 

 

dude was running with violence and pass protecting like his momma was playing QB.

 

Ware put up big numbers against Baltimore and they actually won that game.  You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Ware is a problem.  I doubt Reid cares that your fantasy team had a nice showing last week.  Ware’s playing and it’s bad for outlooks

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Ware put up big numbers against Baltimore and they actually won that game.  You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Ware is a problem.  I doubt Reid cares that your fantasy team had a nice showing last week.  Ware’s playing and it’s bad for outlooks

Source please 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is in my Opponents Flex this week,LOVE IT!, don't expect more than 4-8 touches for williams this week.... Ware is my Flex, expect 17-21 touches for Ware.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, All Knowing said:

This guy is in my Opponents Flex this week,LOVE IT!, don't expect more than 4-8 touches for williams this week.... Ware is my Flex, expect 17-21 touches for Ware.

 

 

I have them both, if Ware plays (assuming his hammy holds up the entire game), I am thinking it might be more of an even split than we think.  This is why I will probably avoid this backfield if that is the case.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chief79 said:

 

I have them both, if Ware plays (assuming his hammy holds up the entire game), I am thinking it might be more of an even split than we think.  This is why I will probably avoid this backfield if that is the case.  

 

They wouldn't put Ware out there unless he's at a 100% because they need him for the playoffs, if Ware is out there i feel like its stealing a Championship with my opp also starting williams, there is a massive talent difference between the 2 backs, and a massive trust difference andy reid has for Ware over williams.....just look at the baltimore stat line, 130 yards for Ware, and 30 yards for williams, one good perofrmance from williams against a BAD sandiego rush defense, isnt gonna change the trust Andy Ried has shown to Ware this year, williams is 3rd string for a reason...I'm going have to go with David Johnson if Ware is out, but if he's active i believe Ware is a Must start, and I believe he's trending in the right direction to start.

Edited by All Knowing
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

 

They wouldn't put Ware out there unless he's at a 100% because they need him for the playoffs, if Ware is out there i feel like its stealing a Championship with my opp also starting williams, there is a massive talent difference between the 2 backs, and a massive trust difference andy reid has for Ware over williams.....just look at the baltimore stat line, 130 yards for Ware, and 30 yards for williams, one good perofrmance from williams against a BAD sandiego rush defense, isnt gonna change the trust Andy Ried has shown to Ware this year, williams is 3rd string for a reason...I'm going with David Johnson is ware is out, but if he's active i believe Ware is a Must start.

I agree with you that Ware is the better talent.  My apprehension is even if they believe Ware is 100%, they won't really know until he gets out there at real game speed.  Fournette and another RB did something similar earlier this year and didn't make it through a whole game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

 

They wouldn't put Ware out there unless he's at a 100% because they need him for the playoffs, if Ware is out there i feel like its stealing a Championship with my opp also starting williams, there is a massive talent difference between the 2 backs, and a massive trust difference andy reid has for Ware over williams.....just look at the baltimore stat line, 130 yards for Ware, and 30 yards for williams, one good perofrmance from williams against a BAD sandiego rush defense, isnt gonna change the trust Andy Ried has shown to Ware this year, williams is 3rd string for a reason...I'm going have to go with David Johnson if Ware is out, but if he's active i believe Ware is a Must start, and I believe he's trending in the right direction to start.

 

I'm in the same dilemma with DJ and Ware/Williams, and even Samuels.

 

My plan is to start the Chiefs RB in a shootout, Ware if Ware is playing, Williams if he isn't. Going to be hard to sit DJ and Samuels but it is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

This guy is in my Opponents Flex this week,LOVE IT!, don't expect more than 4-8 touches for williams this week.... Ware is my Flex, expect 17-21 touches for Ware.

 

 

12 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

 

They wouldn't put Ware out there unless he's at a 100% because they need him for the playoffs, if Ware is out there i feel like its stealing a Championship with my opp also starting williams, there is a massive talent difference between the 2 backs, and a massive trust difference andy reid has for Ware over williams.....just look at the baltimore stat line, 130 yards for Ware, and 30 yards for williams, one good perofrmance from williams against a BAD sandiego rush defense, isnt gonna change the trust Andy Ried has shown to Ware this year, williams is 3rd string for a reason...I'm going have to go with David Johnson if Ware is out, but if he's active i believe Ware is a Must start, and I believe he's trending in the right direction to start.

In all fairness, your track record in matters surrounding Williams is, well.....questionable at best 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RyanK said:

 

I'm in the same dilemma with DJ and Ware/Williams, and even Samuels.

 

My plan is to start the Chiefs RB in a shootout, Ware if Ware is playing, Williams if he isn't. Going to be hard to sit DJ and Samuels but it is what it is.

 

this would be the first time i bench david johnson since i did a trade back for him, was a good start last week, but i cant trust that offense over the KC offense. I also think the KC/seattle game will be a shoot out, we need KC to get up early and force seattle to throw. I see you have kelce, thats the one te i'd start over samuels, i'm starting samuels over ertz ths week. I think you have a good plan for your rbs, i'd do the same exact thing in your situation.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

 

In all fairness, your track record in matters surrounding Williams is, well.....questionable at best 😁

 

lol Thanks for your concern.lost the battle but i'll win the War. Round 2

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.