joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

Or if he's simply limited!

 

there are four possibilities: most, half, few, or none of the snaps for Ware.

 

I honestly see more arguments for all not labeled most.

 

 

 

? Heres an argument for most: He’s the starter and normally shoulders most of the runningback load outside of hurry up and 2 min offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ur single argument: he was the starter two weeks ago.

 

the arguments against him getting most: 1. He is injured and may not play

2. If he's able to play, he may still be banged up

3. His replacement was impressive and may have usurped him

4. His replacement has had more practice time, and therefore may have more plays in the gameplan.

5. He could get reinjured In-game

 

i would say there are certainly numerous troubling possibilities for Ware owners even if he suits up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

ur single argument: he was the starter two weeks ago.

 

the arguments against him getting most: 1. He is injured and may not play

2. If he's able to play, he may still be banged up

3. His replacement was impressive and may have usurped him

4. His replacement has had more practice time, and therefore may have more plays in the gameplan.

5. He could get reinjured In-game

 

i would say there are certainly numerous troubling possibilities for Ware owners even if he suits up.

Fair but if Reid thinks he's still banged up/compromised i doubt he'll make him active if he can't shoulder half or most of the load. 

 

As we saw last week,  Williams is a good substitute , so why risk Ware's health when both Williams' proved they can carry load if need be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the most likely scenario as Ware plays but is limited (seems obvious) and that the Damien Williams workload is similar to last week. 6 catches, 8 or so rushes.

 

Ware id have at like 10 carries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, viciousphilpy said:

I see the most likely scenario as Ware plays but is limited (seems obvious) and that the Damien Williams workload is similar to last week. 6 catches, 8 or so rushes.

 

Ware id have at like 10 carries.

 

Damien has had 10 rushes twice in his career, one of those times being last week where he was gang busters.   

 

I doubt DWill gets 8 rushes this week if Ware is active, I see closer to 4-5 with 4-6 targets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not starting him if Ware is active. Must-start if Ware is out. This one is very simple.

 

If you don't have both Chiefs RBs, pray we know more by the time your other guy plays. Otherwise, start the other guy if he's top-24.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Damien has had 10 rushes twice in his career, one of those times being last week where he was gang busters.   

 

I doubt DWill gets 8 rushes this week if Ware is active, I see closer to 4-5 with 4-6 targets. 

 

He got 8 rushes vs Baltimore when Ware was active. :lol:. People. Stop trying to predict the future. You're not good at it and don't take it personal. None of use are. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, viciousphilpy said:

He's had 8 or more two weeks straight. 

 

Ware still not 100%, that's not really disputable even if he puts in a full practice.

 

He hit 8 in the Balt game because Ware missed the overtime not exactly the same thing as talking about his potential workload going into a game that features both Ware and Williams ( which is what I am talking about).

 

In a game with both active, Williams will not get 8 carries unless an injury to Ware occurs. That for sure could happen but that could also happen to literally any NFL player so its not really fruitful to waste time talking about that situation because no one can predict injury or re-injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GADirtyBird said:

 

He got 8 rushes vs Baltimore when Ware was active. :lol:. People. Stop trying to predict the future. You're not good at it and don't take it personal. None of use are. 

 

Winning post here. Gus Edwards is a great example of why we should be careful about being so certain about who's going to get carries in any game. Having your own theory is one thing, but it's laughable to see people berating others for not seeing the 'obvious' in a case like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GADirtyBird said:

 

He got 8 rushes vs Baltimore when Ware was active. :lol:. People. Stop trying to predict the future. You're not good at it and don't take it personal. None of use are. 

 

See my post above and check out the play by play.  He collected I think 2-3 of those rushes in OT when Ware had exited the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

See my post above and check out the play by play.  He collected I think 2-3 of those rushes in OT when Ware had exited the game. 

 

Are you SURE? Because this information is public... It would be incredibly ironic if you got it wrong. If you tried to predict the past, had the answers to the test, failed, And then proceeded to predict the future. That would then be incredibly ambitious of you. 

Edited by GADirtyBird
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there's a >0% chance that the workload is split differently since Ware is not 100% and that could be a larger or smaller percentage based on Ware's actual shape.

 

again, even if he puts in a full practice and is active none of us are privy to his actual condition until we watch him run.

 

knowing it's a non zero possibility that he is limited is enough to expect Damien's workload to be increased.

Edited by viciousphilpy
Spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GADirtyBird said:

 

Are you SURE? Because this information is public... It would be incredibly ironic if you got it wrong. If you tried to predict the past, had the answers to the test, failed, And then proceeded to predict the future. That would then be incredibly ambitious of you. 

 

Are you on drugs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

it would be a grave error for any of you to start damien Williams this week with the Workhorse Ware back...

 

I think its funny you're back in this thread telling people what to do/ what not to do after last week.

Like... really? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HTM said:

 

I think its funny you're back in this thread telling people what to do/ what not to do after last week.

Like... really? 

 

it's brutal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HTM said:

 

I think its funny you're back in this thread telling people what to do/ what not to do after last week.

Like... really? 

 

I think its funny youd rather people lose their championship matches because your too thick headed to listen...anyone that has any opinion in fantasy is gonna be wrong 40% of the time, if they are good. Well my percentage of the times I'm wrong, is far less than that. 

 

Ware is the guy,  either you listen to common sense reasoning which I have posted in The Ware thread, or better luck next year

Edited by All Knowing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

 

I think its funny youd rather people lose their championship matches because your too thick headed to listen...anyone that has any opinion in fantasy is gonna be wrong 40% of the time, if they are good. Well my percentage of the times I'm wrong, is far less than that. 

 

Ware is the guy,  either you listen to common sense reasoning which I have posted in The Ware thread, or better luck next year

 

Yea, that’s why I don’t go out of my way to tell people what to do or not to do. 

 

If someone asks ill give them my opinion but won’t act like its sage wisdom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

See my post above and check out the play by play.  He collected I think 2-3 of those rushes in OT when Ware had exited the game. 

17 minutes ago, GADirtyBird said:

 

Are you SURE? Because this information is public... It would be incredibly ironic if you got it wrong. If you tried to predict the past, had the answers to the test, failed, And then proceeded to predict the future. That would then be incredibly ambitious of you. 

 

If you're wondering why this guy didn't respond, it's because he definitely failed a test he had the answers to. And now he wants to give you answers to the next test, so proceed with caution.

 

5 minutes ago, HTM said:

 

I think its funny you're back in this thread telling people what to do/ what not to do after last week.

Like... really? 

 

Exactly. Embrace the chaos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guys over at the Fantasy Footballers podcast think that Ware will be out this week. This isnt news, but hey, got some experts on our side here lol

Edited by Broncos132

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

 

I think its funny youd rather people lose their championship matches because your too thick headed to listen...anyone that has any opinion in fantasy is gonna be wrong 40% of the time, if they are good. Well my percentage of the times I'm wrong, is far less than that. 

 

Ware is the guy,  either you listen to common sense reasoning which I have posted in The Ware thread, or better luck next year

I hate to butt in, but I will anyway.   I do not really care if people are right or wrong.  I appreciate differing view points as it makes me think about things from a different angle.   It ultimately comes down to making decisions for yourself.  

 

I own both DW and Ware.  I do not see any scenario where I start DW if Ware is active.   Conversely, if Ware is active, I do not see a scenario where I do NOT start him.   My $.02  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HTM said:

 

Yea, that’s why I don’t go out of my way to tell people what to do or not to do. 

 

If someone asks ill give them my opinion but won’t act like its sage wisdom. 

 

We'll for one you can't be afraid to be wrong and say what you think. That is what this forum is for, to make debate, if everyone waited for someone to ask them their opinion, there would be no discussion.

Edited by All Knowing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

 

I think its funny youd rather people lose their championship matches because your too thick headed to listen...anyone that has any opinion in fantasy is gonna be wrong 40% of the time, if they are good. Well my percentage of the times I'm wrong, is far less than that. 

 

Ware is the guy,  either you listen to common sense reasoning which I have posted in The Ware thread, or better luck next year

 

8 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

 

We'll for one you can't be afraid to be wrong and say what you think. That is what this forum is for, to make debate, if everyone waited for someone to ask them their opinion, there would be no discussion.

I think people would be much more willing to "debate" you if your posts were more palatable. With all due respect you have a tendency to come off as a bit of a richard. 

Edited by Joe Odam
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

 

I think people would be much more willing to "debate" you in your posts were more palatable. With all due respect you have a tendency to come off as a bit of a richard. 

 

Read everything i write as a opinion,change your perspective of how u read it, thats all. I just find it amusing To type in a richard type of way to get my opinions heard, it draws attention and forces others to think out their decisions. Its just my online persona, don't take it personal, but my opinions that i make sound like facts are what I actually believe. If ware plays, williams is very risky to trust and I believe I have strong reasoning to believe thus way,so I say my opinions in a strong manner.

Edited by All Knowing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.