joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Oh man. The dropoff from Hunt to Ware was already steep in terms of talent. Now another dropoff from Ware to Damien Williams, plus familiar foe Charknadoo most likely in the mix as well.

Damien Williams has always been decent as a 3rd down pass protector who has solid hands to catch a checkdown here and there. Also he got some good size and vultured a TD every now and then. That said, him getting a full workload will result in underwhelming ypc because he is a plodder, aka JAG. So you have to hope for a TD - which is still a good bet in the high powered Chiefs offense - and some receptions to boost his numbers.

• Like 1

Immediate RB2 if Ware is sidelined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this is on your wire in week 15, get it. Ware is in rough shape, and even If he plays, a great chance exists that Williams gets boat loads of run in a Thur night shootout for really high stakes. 

Vegas is pumping that total. 

Get this kid. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

If this is on your wire in week 15, get it. Ware is in rough shape, and even If he plays, a great chance exists that Williams gets boat loads of run in a Thur night shootout for really high stakes. 

Get this kid. 

Hate to say it, but he's probably right.

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hate to say it, but he's probably right.

PM me your address, I'll ship you a Gridiron Assassin Official Championship T. 

Final 4 and picking up this heat with the #1 claim. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Get this kid. 

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. 

My opponent picked him up and I hope he plays him. Call me crazy, but the Chiefs are banged up at WR too, so if Hill isn't right I don't see a guy, who has shown nothing in his career, stepping in and being relevant just because he's on the Chiefs. I'll call last week an aberration until he does it two weeks in a row. They really took a physical beating from Baltimore and play on a short week. It really looks like a blowout game for the Chargers. No need to reply to this. You can just call me out on my outrageous claims on Thursday night. The Chargers will play the pass and dare this JAG to beat them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

My opponent picked him up and I hope he plays him. Call me crazy, but the Chiefs are banged up at WR too, so if Hill isn't right I don't see a guy, who has shown nothing in his career, stepping in and being relevant just because he's on the Chiefs. I'll call last week an aberration until he does it two weeks in a row. They really took a physical beating from Baltimore and play on a short week. It really looks like a blowout game for the Chargers. No need to reply to this. You can just call me out on my outrageous claims on Thursday night. The Chargers will play the pass and dare this JAG to beat them.

That's quite the claim all the way around haha

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Not saying you are wrong either on this but you fail to mention one person.....Mahomes.  Regardless of who is playing, this guy is an absolute STUD.  Throwing right handers, left handers, on the run, in the pocket, anything.  I will take anyone on this offense who is going to have an opportunity like Damien if Ware sits.  But I've been shattered before.....(see Fournette last Thursday).

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Oppprtunity trumps talent every time....I’d start him without hesitation over DJ, even in a great matchup vs ATL

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I agree that a worn out team playing on a short week is at a disadvantage--especially the team that has to go on the road.  We saw Jacksonville shut out Luck and Indy, but just four days later get pulverized by Derrick Henry.

And, remember, LA is down 3-4 of the starting front 7.  They could not stop Mixon last week, and almost lost to Cincy.  And the Chiefs have one of the great homefield advantages in all of sports.

If Ware is out, I am firing up Williams over Mack in my flex. His floor will be 10pts easy with at least 5 catches in PPR, with the possibility of a score or 2.

52 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And, remember, LA is down 3-4 of the starting front 7.  They could not stop Mixon last week, and almost lost to Cincy.  And the Chiefs have one of the great homefield advantages in all of sports.

I was curious as to who you were referring to as being down in the front 7.  Not trying to give you a hard time because I haven't been following this defense at all other than keeping track of Bosa.  I tried looking up injuries to the Chargers Defense and didn't see many injuries. 

Going back to Damien Williams, the Chiefs have won their last 9 in a row against the Chargers.  With the Ekeler and Gordon being doubtful to play, I could see the Charger's offense being really limited because so much of it runs through their RBs.  Daimen's got some good pass catching chops and assuming the script goes to form should have plenty of carries to ice the clock.  Any running back, but especially one who can catch, has big TD upside in this Chiefs offense.

I don't like this guy, but as many have said--all about the opportunity. KC clearly likes him and he is more than serviceable as a receiver and very good at keeping Mahomes clean. Ware looked very beat up--a few diff injuries too. I won Dam Williams for a buck and will play him at RB2 (over Sony, Gus, Dixon, Conner, McGuire)...in PPR semis.

19 minutes ago, rocket said:

I was curious as to who you were referring to as being down in the front 7.  Not trying to give you a hard time because I haven't been following this defense at all other than keeping track of Bosa.  I tried looking up injuries to the Chargers Defense and didn't see many injuries. 

According to Silva, LA is without front-seven starters Liuget, Mebane, Denzell Perryman, and Kzir White.  That kind of seems like a lot.

10 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

PM me your address, I'll ship you a Gridiron Assassin Official Championship T. 

Final 4 and picking up this heat with the #1 claim. 

Are you grabbing him to c*ck block...or to start over your Kamara, Lindsay, or Cohen-?

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Are you grabbing him to c*ck block...or to start over your Kamara, Lindsay, or Cohen-?

My opponent is rolling Howard so likely just a block. If Hooper sits, rolling Jarwin since he has Coop. 

I think Williams will socre, Ware seems kinda injured on a short week.