joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I think people would be much more willing to "debate" you if your posts were more palatable. With all due respect you have a tendency to come off as a bit of a richard. 

this. 

DHC is the gold standard ... he did/does his with aplomb, humor, shtick, affectated hubris, and actual knowledge of the team and the player ... a marvelous fisherman, with tongue planted firmly in cheek - and reaping a bountiful magick foosball harvest here in the show for dough weeks. 

but this allknowing kid? meh. 

not. even. close.  

carry on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, All Knowing said:

Read everything i write as a opinion,change your perspective of how it read it, thats all. I just find it amusing To type in a richard type of way to get my opinions heard, it draws attention and forces others to put me on their ignore list or want to kick me in the plums. Its just my online persona, don't take it personal, but my opinions that i make sound like facts are what I actually believe. If ware plays, williams is very risky to trust and I believe I have strong reasoning to believe that.

fixed that for ya.....Hey, I love sarcasm more than most....just know that if you want to be heard, there's a time for to scale back the "online version" of you lol

5 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

fixed that for ya.....Hey, I love sarcasm more than most....just know that if you want to be heard, there's a time for to scale back the "online version" of you lol

Cool if they want to put me on their ignore list,their lost, I know i know what I'm talking about regardless of how I come off...love me or hate me, you will eventually come to find out that you have to listen to me.... And if you want to kick me in the plums even better, thats amusing to me, and I need to get something out of this place too while I'm helping others win their league...

Edited by All Knowing
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, All Knowing said:

Cool if they want to put me on their ignore list,their lost, I know i know what I'm talking about regardless of how I come off...love me or hate me, you will eventually come to find out that you have to listen to me, cus i know what I'm talking about. And if you want to get me in the plums even better, thats amusing to me, and I need to get something out of this place too while I'm helping other win their league...

bro you CANNOT make statements like this less than a week removed from one of the biggest advice fails on the entire forum......in this very thread. L-O-L I'm trying to warm up to you, but I'm beginning to think you're infected with a rare strain of douchery

if you sit Williams you will be missing out on at least 15 ppr points. You heard it here first. The true all knowing prophept has spoken. #cringe

43 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

The guys over at the Fantasy Footballers podcast think that Ware will be out this week. This isnt news, but hey, got some experts on our side here lol

Any reasoning as to why. I feel like based on updates and practice reports you can get a pretty good feel for if a guy will be playing. Everything you'd wanna hear about Ware we've gotten. I'd be very surprised if he didn't play. 

1 minute ago, SonataArctica said:

if you sit Williams you will be missing out on at least 15 ppr points. You heard it here first. The true all knowing prophept has spoken. #cringe

I play in standard, how much will I miss out on in standard, great sir?

Williams 4-10 touches, Ware 17-21 touches is my prediction.... If you start williams, your gonna need to luck out on one of those tds again to hit anything reasonable on what will be low volume.

2 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

Williams 4-10 touches, Ware 17-21 touches is my prediction.... If you start williams, your gonna need to luck out on one of those tds again to hit anything reasonable on what will be low volume.

Are you like, Spencer Ware's agent? His mom? Perhaps even Spencer himself?

We got your point, you can stop posting the same things over and over again.

3 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

Are you like, Spencer Ware's agent? His mom? Perhaps even Spencer himself?

We got your point, you can stop posting the same things over and over again.

Can you stop posting about me Posting, we don't need your complaining in here, do you have Anything important to add to the topic? 

38 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

Can you stop posting about me Posting, we don't need your complaining in here, do you have Anything important to add to the topic? 

Someone is gonna cry...

1 hour ago, GADirtyBird said:

If you're wondering why this guy didn't respond, it's because he definitely failed a test he had the answers to. And now he wants to give you answers to the next test, so proceed with caution.

Wow dude lol.  I didn't respond because I am not here F5ing a fantasy forum like some people however once I got some time I infact looked it up.

I was 90% right. 

1st & 10 at BAL 23

(0:38 - 4th) Dam. Williams up the middle to BLT 24 for -1 yards (E.Weddle).

2nd & 11 at BAL 24

(0:33 - 4th) Dam. Williams up the middle to BLT 25 for -1 yards (B.Williams).

1st & 10 at KC 40

(9:23 - OT) (Shotgun) Dam. Williams up the middle to KC 43 for 3 yards (C.Mosley; B.Williams).

Damien got 3 additional carries as I had said once Ware exited however 2 of those carries came the last 40 seconds of regulation and the third arrived during the Chiefs only possession in overtime which ended in a FG.  So it was exactly as I had said, the only reason he reached 8 rushes in the Balt game was due to Ware exiting otherwise he would have received his normal expected amount which is 4-6 rushes.  He also got 5 targets this game with 2 of them coming in overtime when again Ware had exited. 

2nd & 10 at BAL 24

(7:20 - OT) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to Dam. Williams pushed ob at BLT 18 for 6 yards (J.Smith).

2nd & 23 at BAL 25

(5:39 - OT) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to Dar.Williams to BLT 17 for 8 yards (B.Williams).

So for a fun experiment, if we remove 2 targets and 3 rushes that would have normally gone to a healthy Ware it would put his touches at 5 rushes and 3 targets which is about the 8-10 touches many people are predicting for this guy when Ware is active.  Damien received 16 touches when he was the starter last week. 

This thread smells like a lot of new KC RB owners who just scooped up Damien a week ago and then watched him play.  Those of us who have owned Hunt/Ware all season have watched how the KC RB touches have been divided out all season long and it's been following a pattern.  Ignore those of us who have watched the pattern all season if you will, I am only opining what I feel should happen based on watching the Kansas City Runningbacks all season long and knowing Reid's history of RB usage. 

Edited by Zak0221

10 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Wow dude lol.  I didn't respond because I am not here F5ing a fantasy forum like some people however once I got some time I infact looked it up.

I was 90% right. 

1st & 10 at BAL 23

(0:38 - 4th) Dam. Williams up the middle to BLT 24 for -1 yards (E.Weddle).

2nd & 11 at BAL 24

(0:33 - 4th) Dam. Williams up the middle to BLT 25 for -1 yards (B.Williams).

1st & 10 at KC 40

(9:23 - OT) (Shotgun) Dam. Williams up the middle to KC 43 for 3 yards (C.Mosley; B.Williams).

Damien got 3 additional carries as I had said once Ware exited however 2 of those carries came the last 40 seconds of regulation and the third arrived during the Chiefs only possession in overtime which ended in a FG.  So it was exactly as I had said, the only reason he reached 8 rushes in the Balt game was due to Ware exiting otherwise he would have received his normal expected amount which is 4-6 rushes.  He also got 5 targets this game with 2 of them coming in overtime when again Ware had exited. 

2nd & 10 at BAL 24

(7:20 - OT) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to Dam. Williams pushed ob at BLT 18 for 6 yards (J.Smith).

2nd & 23 at BAL 25

(5:39 - OT) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to Dar.Williams to BLT 17 for 8 yards (B.Williams).

So for a fun experiment, if we remove 2 targets and 3 rushes that would have normally gone to a healthy Ware it would put his touches at 5 rushes and 3 targets which is about the 8-10 touches many people are predicting for this guy when Ware is active.  Damien received 16 touches when he was the starter last week. 

This thread smells like a lot of new KC RB owners who just scooped up Damien a week ago and then watched him play.  Those of us who have owned Hunt/Ware all season have watched how the KC RB touches have been divided out all season long and it's been following a pattern.  Ignore those of us who have watched the pattern all season if you will, I am only opining what I feel should happen based on watching the Kansas City Runningbacks all season long and knowing Reid's history of RB usage. 

Not sure if this thread is slanted with Williams hopeful owners, but I’m on board with this post due to the facts given, Zak, as I state in the Ware thread. The fact that a few of Williams touches were only based on ware having had to temporarily be out of the game due to injury, makes a stronger case for ware.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

I was 80% right wrong.

Stopped here. Fixed. 

Everybody knows the touch count's. It's public knowledge. You're the one who incorrectly cited it.

1 minute ago, cbe_88 said:

Not sure if this thread is slanted with Williams hopeful owners, but I’m on board with this post due to the facts given, Zak, as I state in the Ware thread. The fact that a few of Williams touches were only based on ware having had to temporarily be out of the game due to injury, makes a stronger case for ware.

It's pretty simple.  A lot of owners are new KC RB owners and they watched Damien kill it last week. So to them Ware is a JAG loser that needs to sit so Damien can dominate.  The problem is that isn't what actually happened nor what has been happening all season with how the KC RBs have been used.  I detailed their usage in a post in the Ware there and I will copy it over to here since Damien owners who don't have Ware and also didnt own Hunt would have no idea their usage in 2018. 

17 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

Even with Hunt, the Chiefs starting RB was always spelled on 3rd downs ( unless it was 3rd and short tho not always ) and in the 2-min hurry up end of quarter offenses.  I used to get pretty annoyed they never used Kareem in the hurry up 2 min drills but that's what they did.  In addition to this, we have seen from the Balt and Oakland game that AR has used both Spencer and Damien in the red zone.  Damien vultured a 1 yard TD from Spence in the Balt game and Darrel Williams vultured Damien when he started last week on a red zone play for 3rd and goal on a screen pass.  So AR has already shown he had moments for the second RB as well so his comments sound very nothing burgerish to me, if he had said 'Damien certainly has earned more looks' then that would be one thing but he just said he told both players they will get the ball where they are best utilized.  Damien might play more passing downs than normal but doesn't sound like Spence is losing his goal line back role unless its 3rd and goal and a passing distance away but like I just stated AR already swapped the backs out in this manner even before his comment in that article and Damiens solid game. 

Unless Ware re-injures himself, I imagine he will play at least 60% of the snaps and typically the really great KC RB usage games have come from around 70% snaps anyway.  Ware should be fine this week in the prime time spot in a nice bounce back offensive game for KC.  

9 minutes ago, GADirtyBird said:

Stopped here. Fixed. 

Everybody knows the touch count's. It's public knowledge. You're the one who incorrectly cited it.

Except you said I was wrong and I just proved I was right.  He got 3 additional rushes due to Ware exiting.  The only facet I was slightly incorrect on was I had said they were in Overtime which wasn't true, 2 came the last 40 sec of the game and only 1 in overtime ( 2 of his 5 targets however came from OT).  Damien is not a 10 rush RB on KC even with his performance last week. He will not hit that number of touches this week unless again Ware gets banged up and exits. 

I have followed the KC RBs closely all season and know the skills of these three players.  I owned Hunt this year, Spencer in 2015-16 and I watched Damien last year on the Dolphins.  I am not pulling random s--- out of my a** but you are welcome to dismiss them, it is on you to decide what to ignore in terms of advice. 

Edited by Zak0221

3 minutes ago, GADirtyBird said:

Stopped here. Fixed. 

Dude there is much better purpose to this forum than doing this. Yeah okay if someone gets some specific numbers wrong, you can constructively correct, if you’re going to just try and magnify a small mistake, give him credit for the points he’s laying down, several of Williams touches against Baltimore weren’t earned, it was Wares being temporarily out due to injury which skews using the Baltimore game as a way to project the division of labor for the Seattle game.

and give people time to respond to rebuts, instead of rolling out other responses as to try and make people look bad. People have life’s and are intermittently checking in on the forum.

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

It's pretty simple.  A lot of owners are new KC RB owners and they watched Damien kill it last week. So to them Ware is a JAG loser that needs to sit so Damien can dominate.  The problem is that isn't what actually happened nor what has been happening all season with how the KC RBs have been used.  I detailed their usage in a post in the Ware there and I will copy it over to here since Damien owners who don't have Ware and also didnt own Hunt would have no idea their usage in 2018. 

I get what you’re saying but I’m not going to label everyone in this thread as people who are seeing with a slant just hoping Ware doesn’t play and not seeing clearly because they want a certain result.

2 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

See my post above and check out the play by play.  He collected I think 2-3 of those rushes in OT when Ware had exited the game. 

29 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I was 80% right. 

Now edited to say 90%. :wacko:

8 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Except you said I was wrong and I just proved I was right.

This is twilight zone stuff.

There is more than enough evidence to argue Ware's value over Williams. Just do it correctly. It's fair for people to point out incorrect information on a place where people come to find information to make decisions. The consensus I've seen is it's risky to start Williams if Ware is active. It's not a unique stance and there is no need to cite incorrect information to back it.

2 minutes ago, GADirtyBird said:

This is twilight zone stuff.

There is only one person in the twilight zone in this thread, and it is not me lol.  So I was correct in that he got additional rushing attempts when Ware exited that he would not have normally gotten.  I said overtime but I was wrong in that 2 came in the last 40 seconds, so I was barely off by 1 min of game time.

Had he gotten 0 rushes in Overtime and 0 rushes the last min of the game, I would then be completely wrong and have no leg to stand on but you are splitting hairs here with the last min of the ballgame.  Congrats?

11 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

There is only one person in the twilight zone in this thread, and it is not me lol.  So I was correct in that he got additional rushing attempts when Ware exited that he would not have normally gotten.  I said overtime but I was wrong in that 2 came in the last 40 seconds, so I was barely off by 1 min of game time.

Had he gotten 0 rushes in Overtime and 0 rushes the last min of the game, I would then be completely wrong and have no leg to stand on but you are splitting hairs here with the last min of the ballgame.  Congrats?

You are saying a lot of BS to say the same thing I said. You were incorrect. You're also making an odd assumption that he wouldn't have gotten those carries. One of his most valuable plays was WAY before this (TD in the 1st quarter). Damien Williams was involved. Spencer Ware was the starter, obviously a focal point of the offense and performed better by several metrics (except TDs which can be fluky) in a tougher match-up than the ChargersThere is way more than enough information in Spencer's favor to feel good about him if he is healthy and plays. Enough that citing incorrect data or ignoring other data to prove the point is extremely bizarre to me :blink: