joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

If KC doesn't draft or sign someone to be the workhorse back, this kid is obviously a top 10 back next year with upside for more. Not sure why people are even mentioning RB2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, furbz420 said:

If KC doesn't draft or sign someone to be the workhorse back, this kid is obviously a top 10 back next year with upside for more. Not sure why people are even mentioning RB2.

There's no RB2 with anyone starting for KC.

I'm not sure they value him any more than Ware tho.  Not saying they should or shouldn't, but I don't think they do.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, akooreman180 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens next year with Williams and the Chiefs. Might be a draft day steal if he gets the job.

not hardly. if he goes into camp all the talking heads that are "experts"  will be singing his praise and he'll be pushed up into the second round. the chiefs will draft a kid that will eventually get the nod to be the workhorse.......oir they will sign bell.

1 hour ago, not an nfl scout said:

not hardly. if he goes into camp all the talking heads that are "experts"  will be singing his praise and he'll be pushed up into the second round. the chiefs will draft a kid that will eventually get the nod to be the workhorse.......oir they will sign bell.

There’s absolutely no way Watson is going in the second round. Aaron Rodgers’ ADP this year was mid-third, and he was seen as the QB1. Based on his performance this year, Mahomes will go higher than Watson. Even if the Chiefs sign Bell it won’t tamper with Mahomes’ ADP that much as people will still be caught up in what he did this year. They had Kareem Hunt as well and it didn’t affect his stats (Not saying Hunt is as good as Bell but he’s very good).

1 minute ago, akooreman180 said:

There’s absolutely no way Watson is going in the second round. Aaron Rodgers’ ADP this year was mid-third, and he was seen as the QB1. Based on his performance this year, Mahomes will go higher than Watson. Even if the Chiefs sign Bell it won’t tamper with Mahomes’ ADP that much as people will still be caught up in what he did this year. They had Kareem Hunt as well and it didn’t affect his stats (Not saying Hunt is as good as Bell but he’s very good).

So much fail. With that said, Merry Christmas! 

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Oh my gosh I thought I was on the Deshaun Watson outlook 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Merry Christmas though!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not an nfl scout said:

So sorry, I for some reason thought you were saying this about Deshaun Watson as I thought I was on his outlook. My bad. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Am I the only one who actually thought he looked good when he was on the dolphins too.  He doesn’t just look like some plodder out there and looked like a really good fit on that offense. He was gaining a ton of extra yards last game by slipping through cracks that didn’t even seem to be there. He’s fast as hell too. Reid would be an idiot to not feature him the rest of the year and only use the plodder Ware for a breather 

• Like 2

This may not but a popular opinion, but DWill is a JAG, Ware is a JAG, Hunt

is a JAG, CJA is a JAG.  It truly does not matter who you put in the Chiefs/Rams offense, they will be successful.  Conversely, you could put these guys in other offenses, like Miami, and they look pedestrian.  When Hunt signs with the Redskins, you will see average to below average numbers.  

Andy Reid is an elite offensive mind, and always has been.  No coach does a better job at getting his running backs in space like Reid does.  And for that very reason, his starting RB will always be an RB1.  

The Chiefs will not sign Bell next year.  Bell will go to the team that will pay him the most money, like the Jets.  The Jets will give him some outlandish 5 year deal with $70 Mil guaranteed.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Hunt lead league in rushing as a rookie w Alex Smith as QB

Not a JAG

I’m pretty sure Kareem Hunt and Doug Martin are twins.

8 hours ago, abrunn11 said:

is a JAG, CJA is a JAG.  It truly does not matter who you put in the Chiefs/Rams offense, they will be successful.  Conversely, you could put these guys in other offenses, like Miami, and they look pedestrian.  When Hunt signs with the Redskins, you will see average to below average numbers.  

Andy Reid is an elite offensive mind, and always has been.  No coach does a better job at getting his running backs in space like Reid does.  And for that very reason, his starting RB will always be an RB1.  

The Chiefs will not sign Bell next year.  Bell will go to the team that will pay him the most money, like the Jets.  The Jets will give him some outlandish 5 year deal with $70 Mil guaranteed.  

Sorry man but you have no idea what your talking about. Kareem Hunt look nothing like a JAG. He’s a beast and truly has elite skill. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

Sorry man but you have no idea what your talking about. Kareem Hunt look nothing like a JAG. He’s a beast and truly has elite skill. 

Like I said, not a popular opinion.  Time will tell if Hunt gets another shot.  Maybe in Washington, Guice prognosis pending.  

11 minutes ago, abrunn11 said:

Like I said, not a popular opinion.  Time will tell if Hunt gets another shot.  Maybe in Washington, Guice prognosis pending.  

Only in the legal system does Hunt have anything to prove.

Sorry but you must be blind, because hunt is actually - yes - talented.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Only in the legal system does Hunt have anything to prove.

Sorry but you must be blind, because hunt is actually - yes - talented.

You are probably right, I digress. 

14 hours ago, abrunn11 said:

I wouldn't call them JAG, especially Hunt but you are partly right, a lot of it is the system. Reid's lead back is always fantasy gold, finishing as a top 10 back the past 12 years, I always own them. Same way you can plug pretty much any back into the current Steelers offense and they are going to produce. Whether its Bell, Deangello Williams, Conner or Samuels. Will indeed be interesting to see how Bell and Hunt (if he is in the league next year) perform in other offenses. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I wouldn't call them JAG, especially Hunt but you are partly right, a lot of it is the system. Reid's lead back is always fantasy gold, finishing as a top 10 back the past 12 years, I always own them. Same way you can plug pretty much any back into the current Steelers offense and they are going to produce. Whether its Bell, Deangello Williams, Conner or Samuels. Will indeed be interesting to see how Bell and Hunt (if he is in the league next year) perform in other offenses. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t Ware the starting running back heading into the 3rd preseason game last year?  Doesn’t this mean that Hunt could not beat him out after 5 weeks of competition?  I would think that Hunt would easily beat out a JAG like Ware if he is that much better, no?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, abrunn11 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t Ware the starting running back heading into the 3rd preseason game last year?  Doesn’t this mean that Hunt could not beat him out after 5 weeks of competition?  I would think that Hunt would easily beat out a JAG like Ware if he is that much better, no?

well Hunt was a rookie

very rare rookies supplant incumbent starters first week of the season...even Chester Taylor started over AD majority of his rookie year.

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

well Hunt was a rookie

very rare rookies supplant incumbent starters first week of the season...even Chester Taylor started over AD majority of his rookie year.

Did Ware have the equity with the Chiefs at that time?

8 minutes ago, abrunn11 said:

Did Ware have the equity with the Chiefs at that time?

He was their starter the previous 1.5 seasons. So yes.

Im keeping DWill on my Dynasty roster for next year. i have a feeling Dwill will be the lead back over Ware this week (even with a healthy Ware) and be the starting RB next year. Or atleast I hope so i guess... who would the Chiefs sign next year from free agents?

Yes it will be very interesting to see the division of labor this week and into the playoffs

Of course most dynasty owners some have the luxury of making decisions during the playoffs though

Some important facts for dynasty owners thinking they may or may not have a gem on their hands:

-turns 27 in April

-has 172 CAREER carries on his body

-Unrestricted Free Agent in 2019

-Ware is Unrestricted FA in 2019 (will also be 27 during the majority of next season)

-Darrel Williams is the only RB under contract heading into 2019 

-Chiefs have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft

-2019 free agent rb's include : Bell, Ajayi, CJA, T. Coleman, M. Davis, Ingram, L. Murray, D. Martin, Yeldon, Collins, Blue

personally I do not see the Chiefs spending high draft capital on another rb with such glaring needs on defense and the ability to plug spare parts in at rb and keep the offense moving. I could however see them signing AT LEAST one rb off of that list of free agents. Ingram in particular fits the mold of a physical Hunt type every down back. 

Summary: to say it's a 50/50 shot Williams is back with the Chiefs AND with an opportunity to be the guy would be exceptionally optimistic. With that said, it's not out of the realm of possibility. If it costs you nothing to hold onto him over the offseason....might as well do so

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Some important facts for dynasty owners thinking they may or may not have a gem on their hands:

-turns 27 in April

-has 172 CAREER carries on his body

-Unrestricted Free Agent in 2019

-Ware is Unrestricted FA in 2019 (will also be 27 during the majority of next season)

-Darrel Williams is the only RB under contract heading into 2019 

-Chiefs have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft

-2019 free agent rb's include : Bell, Ajayi, CJA, T. Coleman, M. Davis, Ingram, L. Murray, D. Martin, Yeldon, Collins, Blue

personally I do not see the Chiefs spending high draft capital on another rb with such glaring needs on defense and the ability to plug spare parts in at rb and keep the offense moving. I could however see them signing AT LEAST one rb off of that list of free agents. Ingram in particular fits the mold of a physical Hunt type every down back. 

Summary: to say it's a 50/50 shot Williams is back with the Chiefs AND with an opportunity to be the guy would be exceptionally optimistic. With that said, it's not out of the realm of possibility. If it costs you nothing to hold onto him over the offseason....might as well do so

I think Coleman fits there scheme best. Big Andy likes his RBs. It wouldn't shock me if he tried to find another Kareem Hunt diamond in the rough, underappreciated back in the 3rd round or so of this year's draft, if that guy exists.

20 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

He was their starter the previous 1.5 seasons. So yes.

Didn't he climb from fourth string (at the beginning of 2015) too?