joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

is DWill a 1st round pick next year if the Chiefs dont sign a known RB and is the starter in preseason still? i say yes....

 

Sure. But this precise scenario is <10% likely imo.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

"Is Damien Williams a first rounder?" he asked himself in earnest. He was just as surprised by that question as he was to learn that he was not dreaming when he pinched himself. 

you know I don't speak Spanish <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

you know I don't speak Spanish <_<

 

Tell me about it. I am completely lost in this thread. I still don’t know how do you even become a JAG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-reportedly-give-damien-williams-a-two-year-extension-worth-up-to-8-1-million/ :
"The extension indicates the Chiefs won't be in the market for an expensive free agent running back in the offseason like, say, Le'veon Bell.
 It's also a reminder that teams can find capable running backs almost anywhere and that Reid's system remains incredibly player friendly. Williams went undrafted out of Oklahoma. He didn't find much success in Miami, averaging just over 300 total yards per season with the Dolphins from 2014-17. Suddenly, he's one of the Chiefs' most important offensive players and the team has already seen enough to commit to him beyond this season".

 

2019 league winner!!!! :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ginocan said:

 

Tell me about it. I am completely lost in this thread. I still don’t know how do you even become a JAG. 

 

By just acting normal you too can become a JAG. Ask Justin Hunter.

Edited by pdizzle710

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Who is starting this week, D Will or Ware?

 

Damien Williams is slotted to start for my team this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m deciding between Damian, Keenan, and mixon. Do you guys think Williams will start and get most of the play for the chiefs? I know he just got the contract 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrVeth said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-reportedly-give-damien-williams-a-two-year-extension-worth-up-to-8-1-million/ :
"The extension indicates the Chiefs won't be in the market for an expensive free agent running back in the offseason like, say, Le'veon Bell.
 It's also a reminder that teams can find capable running backs almost anywhere and that Reid's system remains incredibly player friendly. Williams went undrafted out of Oklahoma. He didn't find much success in Miami, averaging just over 300 total yards per season with the Dolphins from 2014-17. Suddenly, he's one of the Chiefs' most important offensive players and the team has already seen enough to commit to him beyond this season".

 

2019 league winner!!!! :P 

 

This pretty much confirms that the Chiefs will be drafting at least one RB in the middle rounds.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

This pretty much confirms that the Chiefs will be drafting at least one RB in the middle rounds.

Which also would confirm that Williams would open the year as the lead back much like Ware was when Hunt was drafted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Once again let me remind everyone. Big Red does not do RBBC. Not his coaching style. 

but how does he feel about guys losing their starting spots due to injury? 

need clarity for tomorrow :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ginocan said:

Once again let me remind everyone. Big Red does not do RBBC. Not his coaching style. 

 

So who gets the workload, Williams or Ware?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nyquil247 said:

I’m deciding between Damian, Keenan, and mixon. Do you guys think Williams will start and get most of the play for the chiefs? I know he just got the contract 

 

I pray I am right as I can really use his type of starting production, but I believe he will start and get the majority of the touches. Spencer Ware, questionable tag and all, will probably be relegated to his role he held while Hunt was still on the team (unless he gets hot and William's goes cold).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's almost like the beat guys only report for fantasy football because it's been super quiet this week on all fronts

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maaaaaan i have both ware and Williams but I’m really hoping Williams gets the start! I need his production since kamara is sitting out 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure would have been nice to know Ware wasn't even going to be active.Instead I get deuced on by Jamaal.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Sure would have been nice to know Ware wasn't even going to be active.Instead I get deuced on by Jamaal.


 

uhhh it was announced like 90 mins before the game started.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jonasdash said:


 

uhhh it was announced like 90 mins before the game started.

 

We had to draft for this week on Wednesday. This was a side-deal w/friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.