joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

It was a joke since I thought you might have meant to type Ware?

And yes, I'm still concerned about West being the 1/2 down back. 

Oh s***.  LOL   Reading it 5 times and still not seeing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Ok.   My main concern at this point is West.

I dunno man, they may re-sign Charles, I like where your head is at :)

I'm hoping the fact that they didn't use West much last week is a good sign, but who knows.

Edited by kball09
  • Haha 1

im shocked so many of yo are willing to just plug this guy in over more known commodities in Michel, White, DJ in the fantasy semis. Def risk involved.

We don't even know what the split will be .  What if all 3 RBS are active this could be a messy timeshare? West, and both Williams!   And Thursday night games are whacky.  This is definitely a tread carefully game.

I hope he gets the work but it's hard to start him over known RB2/RB3 commodities unless we hear he's getting most of the work.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 2

Just now, K197040 said:

Ok.   My main concern at this point is West.

I was worried about West but also we have to remember he was just brought in last week.  West is not in any kind of game shape as he has yet to even be active nor be with the team all season like Williams has.  West is very likely only going to see much work if Williams gets injured.  Darrel Williams however might see the largest uptick but again here he has basically been unused all season while Williams has been seeing the field much more frequently.

Reid even after the Ravens game was glowing about Williams but I can't find the comments right now.  Basically he said Williams is getting more and more comfortable in the offense and he sees a difference in him. 

26 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Yeah....now debating starting him over Ingram/Michel/Aaron Jones tier. Any KC RB is going to put up at least 15 PPR points right.....right???

maybe - he's a JAG in good situation!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

im shocked so many of yo are willing to just plug this guy in over more known commodities in Michel, White, DJ in the fantasy semis. Def risk involved.

We don't even know what the split will be .  What if all 3 RBS are active this could be a messy timeshare? West, and both Williams!   And Thursday night games are whacky.  This is definitely a tread carefully game.

I hope he gets the work but it's hard to start him over known RB22/RB3 commodities unless we hear he's getting most of the work.

Have you seen the rb landscape??<_<

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

I was worried about West but also we have to remember he was just brought in last week.  West is not in any kind of game shape as he has yet to even be active nor be with the team all season like Williams has.  West is very likely only going to see much work if Williams gets injured.  Darrel Williams however might see the largest uptick but again here he has basically been unused all season while Williams has been seeing the field much more frequently.

Reid even after the Ravens game was glowing about Williams but I can't find the comments right now.  Basically he said Williams is getting more and more comfortable in the offense and he sees a difference in him. 

i want to fire him up but this situation is definitely risky especially in fantasy playoffs.  Has williams ever carried a full workload?

3 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

Has williams ever carried a full workload?

in Miami yep

Edited by Zak0221

4 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

uhh...you're telling me there's another "D Williams" on the Chiefs.   uh oh...brb

• Haha 4

when Hunt was the man, Ware spelled him often on passing downs, two minute drill, hurry up ...

in turn, when Ware was the man, he got spelled by Williams often enough, to the tune of two TDs last week ...

now Williams is the man, and ..... ? tbd

notice a pattern here?

11 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

I hope he gets the work but it's hard to start him over known RB22/RB3 commodities unless we hear he's getting most of the work.

Against RB3's absolutely. He could very well be the lead back on the best offense in football, against a LAC front 7 that is dealing with injuries. But you make a good point that we don't know how the split will be until we get reports, and even then it's risky because he's unproven in that role. It's the semi final after all. Get to Sunday!

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

uhh...you're telling me there's another "D Williams" on the Chiefs.   uh oh...brb

Darrel Williams 

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

i want to fire him up but this situation is definitely risky especially in fantasy playoffs.  Has williams ever carried a full workload?

Even 12 touches with a Mahomes/Reid  led offense is better than 20 from DJ on the Cardinals and he was a ....wait for it....top 5 pick. Look, draft, waiver claim, starter, backup.....none of that matters at this point in the season. It’s guys like this that can win championships. I won one in a competitive league a few years ago with DENARD ROBINSON as my rb1 lol

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

when Hunt was the man, Ware spelled him often on passing downs, two minute drill, hurry up ...

in turn, when Ware was the man, he got spelled by Williams often enough, to the tune of two TDs last week ...

now Williams is the man, and ..... ? tbd

notice a pattern here?

Shot week out of options tho West just signed last week was cut in off season and other dude I dont even know.

Im sure West will be active and spell Damien however I doubt we see a ton of West.  I  dont think Damien will get 15 carries either but again maybe AR is out of options here and will use Williams like Westbrook/McCoy

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Darrel Williams 

I had no idea until that post.   I was sure that the one I added was near the top of the list but there was an "oh s***" moment thinking maybe I got the wrong one.

7 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Even 12 touches with a Mahomes/Reid  led offense is better than 20 from DJ on the Cardinals and he was a ....wait for it....top 5 pick. Look, draft, waiver claim, starter, backup.....none of that matters at this point in the season. It’s guys like this that can win championships. I won one in a competitive league a few years ago with DENARD ROBINSON as my rb1 lol

SEMI Finals, Firing DWill up as my RB2 with confidence. 

Pissed because my opponent in the semifinals lost Hunt and Conner but was lucky enough to get Williams on waivers.  Not sure how the distribution of touches will go but there's definitely some good TD upside here against a team that just got shredded by Joe Mixon.  I'm not saying the Chiefs will run the ball the same way, but Williams seems like he's a low-end RB2 at worst.

16 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Ha! Reminds me when my buddy thought he was drafting Ricky Williams of the Dolphins, but actually drafted ...

51C1klyKRDL._SY445_.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bendover said:

Ha! Reminds me when my buddy thought he was drafting Ricky Williams of the Dolphins, but actually drafted ...

51C1klyKRDL._SY445_.jpg

and thankfully, D Hopkins, the kicker, is white. 

Dropping him at 8:19 tomorrow as i have gus edwards michel wilson Jr and jackson and samuels like alot of playoff teams probably have at this point lol

dont feel good starting him but making sure my opponent cant (who is starting gore for example hah)

id prefer out of the guys i listed jackson wilson samuels to williams this week

if your deciding between williams and like edwards/dixon or michel it gets a little more complex so may god be with you

would easily start over marlon mack as well

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Dropping him at 8:19 tomorrow as i have gus edwards michel wilson Jr and jackson and samuels like alot of playoff teams probably have at this point lol

dont feel good starting him but making sure my opponent cant (who is starting gore for example hah)

id prefer out of the guys i listed jackson wilson samuels to williams this week

if your deciding between williams and like edwards/dixon or michel it gets a little more complex so may god be with you

would easily start over marlon mack as well

Breida probably returns..

53 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

As long as I don’t see a report about sharing with West then I put him right next to A Jones/DJ in full ppr

I think Priest Holmes is more of a threat...Charky was on his couch until a week ago. Darrell is gonna get some run, he's got upside too. But this is too good of a match-up (in PPR) to not play Damien. Lead dog in a huge home primetime game...with the unreal Mahomes at QB! Mmmmmmmm