joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

and thankfully, D Hopkins, the kicker, is white. 

just to clarify...because of the player avatars.   It would be highly unlikely that I would mistake the two "D Hopkins."

12 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

I feel like him vs Ingram is a coin flip 

I have both and I'd give a slight edge to Williams just because he's proven to be the guy at the goal line.  You never know when Ingram is getting his touches.  They could be at the goal line or Kamara could take the GL carries.  I think if the Chiefs get to the goal line Williams is the guy they hand it to.  TD upside is a little higher even if the talent is far less than Ingram.

• Thanks 2

The guy is a JAG at best, but thankfully for fantasy purposes that is essentially irrelevant. He's still a solid RB2 with upside in this offense. Only concern would be if West significantly ate into his workload, but I don't see it happening. Generally teams are going to go with the guy who's been there all year and who was first in when the guy in front of him, in this case Ware, got hurt. I'd expect 20 touches and a TD.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

I feel like him vs Ingram is a coin flip 

I have the same option and to be honest it's not even close IMO. Both offenses are good, but KC's is better. All indications are Williams will be the clear lead dog here, we know at best it's a 40/60 split for Ingram in NO, and it's even worse when NO isn't dominating. I'd put Williams' floor, ceiling, and likely expectation this week all considerably higher than Ingram's.

• Thanks 1

I expect a pretty solid game from Damien.  He is nothing special but this offense makes him lethal for TD's.  Mahomes (if you even want to call it this) struggled a bit with that Ravens defense last week.  I really liked seeing those dump offs.  Not sure if the Chargers will keep pressuring like the Ravens.  One would think a good coach would watch that film to at least make an attempt to rattle this kid.  I see an average running game from Williams but an impressive catching line, I think this guys floor could be 10 Thursday.

41 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I love Rotoworld hype.

IMO you can expect whatever you would expect of Ware. He's a direct replacement by my estimation. Nobody is saying to expect Hunt numbers. Both Williams and Ware are JAGS, but they both get to be JAGS with a GOAT type offense with a nice home matchup. Is he a league winner? Nah, but he's a much safer plug in for 15'ish ppr points in your flex than A LOT of other options. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

IMO you can expect whatever you would expect of Ware. He's a direct replacement by my estimation. Nobody is saying to expect Hunt numbers. Both Williams and Ware are JAGS, but they both get to be JAGS with a GOAT type offense with a nice home matchup. Is he a league winner? Nah, but he's a much safer plug in for 15'ish ppr points in your flex than A LOT of other options. 

Disagree with the JAG statement about Ware. He was primed for a breakout season before he got injured in preseason last year. Now Williams is a JAG. He hasn't done jack sh* in this league and he's been in it quite a while now. This really is not going to go the way people expect it to. Williams will show you exactly what he is tomorrow.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Disagree with the JAG statement about Ware. He was primed for a breakout season before he got injured in preseason last year. Now Williams is a JAG. He hasn't done jack sh* in this league and he's been in it quite a while now.

I believe you're giving WAY too much credit to the player and not enough to the system. Look at the history of Ried's backs man. It makes JAGs look like "breakout's" for a living. There is nothing remotely special about Ware

• Like 1

JAG running back who plays on one of the premier offenses at home on TNF = really good (if he gets enough snaps) 

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I believe you're giving WAY too much credit to the player and not enough to the system. Look at the history of Ried's backs man. It makes JAGs look like "breakout's" for a living. There is nothing remotely special about Ware

I'd have to agree with this. I know he put up decent numbers in '16, but he doesn't do anything that jumps out at you. He's serviceable, and he can catch and play third downs, but the guy tripped over his own foot on a big play earlier in the year, and he hurt his shoulder getting trucked by Weddle going out of bounds when he easily could've cut back inside and tried to make a move if he had that ability. Not to mention he's very ordinary around the GL. For a guy 230 to not be great in short yardage and to get trucked by Weddle, I mean let's face it, we're not dealing with a phenom.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I have the same option and to be honest it's not even close IMO. Both offenses are good, but KC's is better. All indications are Williams will be the clear lead dog here, we know at best it's a 40/60 split for Ingram in NO, and it's even worse when NO isn't dominating. I'd put Williams' floor, ceiling, and likely expectation this week all considerably higher than Ingram's.

I hope your right. The unknown with Williams is why I'm hesitant. We at least know Ingrams role on the Saints. That said I'm probably rolling with Williams over Ingram unless we hear any weird reports tomorrow...

• Like 1

If Ware is definitely out would anyone think about starting Williams over A. Jones who has a terrible matchup?

8 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Hunt/Ware/Williams owner. Benching him. Good luck.

same, and leaning exactly as you. 

gl to you all starting DW. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chief79 said:

If Ware is definitely out would anyone think about starting Williams over A. Jones who has a terrible matchup?

I’m in the same dilemma and do not know what to do.  I just feel like this williams start is a trap. 

54 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Disagree with the JAG statement about Ware. He was primed for a breakout season before he got injured in preseason last year. Now Williams is a JAG. He hasn't done jack sh* in this league and he's been in it quite a while now. This really is not going to go the way people expect it to. Williams will show you exactly what he is tomorrow.

Ware is a JAG. Sometimes JAGS put up good numbers and have fantasy relevance. Ware, Alex Collins, Thomas Rawls, Crowell, Justin Forsett, Peyton Hillis, etc etc etc.

I don’t know if I would trust Williams in a playoff semi, but I can see why some might.

Edited by jsch08
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jsch08 said:

Ware is a JAG. Sometimes JAGS put up good numbers and have fantasy relevance. Ware, Alex Collins, Thomas Rawls, Crowell, Justin Forsett, Peyton Hillis, etc etc etc.

I don’t know if I would trust Williams in a playoff semi, but I can see why some might.

If Ware is a JAG what does that make Williams?

1 minute ago, jsch08 said:

True but the players you're looking to replace Williams with are probable Jags as well or they're slightly less jaggy with a much worse matchup. Pick your jag i guess :lol:

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

If Ware is a JAG what does that make Williams?

A JAG

Edited by jsch08
  • Haha 1