Sign in to follow this  
Shortnphat

Darrel Williams 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, mjb said:

Check Vegas odds for SB, that is their goal with one of the best offense’s all time.

An NFL team goal is to win a SB? No, stop the presses. Breaking news. 

Serious there are only 2 teams where you can remotely even use the term SB or bust. Steelers and Pats. Big Ben probably will retired, Brown is on the wrong side of 30s, and who the hell know what is going on with their RBs situation. The Pats, well I’ll let yall figure that one out. 

Next would probably be the Rams, as they were one of the favorites to win it all. Gurley, Donald got paid top money as well. But their core still very young. 

But to say Pat Mahomes and KC need to win the SB or it will be a bust season is just ridiculous. Ridiculous. 

Excellent scratch ticket. He's free, he could play 0 snaps, but he could a also blow up like Jerome Harrison. Smart owners will stash him on the bench for blow up potential. 

With the current stable of RBs in KC it would be a BIG mistake for this guy to be on the waiver wire beyond today in dynasty leagues.

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

With the current stable of RBs in KC it would be a BIG mistake for this guy to be on the waiver wire beyond today in dynasty leagues.

You may be right, but I am battling for a title this season, and don't feel like getting a 3rd KC RB on my team 

They really should give him a carry or two as long as he can keep mahomes upright 

13 hours ago, urban2014 said:

You may be right, but I am battling for a title this season, and don't feel like getting a 3rd KC RB on my team 

If you don't/wont add him in your dynasty/keeper league, one of your league mates needs to make the "dart throw," and/or cock block.

Also, I am assuming you own Ware, and have cuffed him with West: personally, if I had to make the choice, I'd roster Darrel Williams, not West. West wont step into Ware's roll and replace the output of a KC RB1, and he offers you nothing beyond week 16(?). There's a reason West wasn't already on the KC roster or any roster for that matter, and while DW has yet to prove he can step in and perform, he does at least have dynasty/keeper value.

Handcuffs are a great idea, IF the handcuff is talented in his own right. *signing Charmander off the street IMHO doesn't meet that criteria :shrug:

Good luck this post season $

On 12/6/2018 at 9:41 AM, FollowTheLeader said:

If you don't/wont add him in your dynasty/keeper league, one of your league mates needs to make the "dart throw," and/or cock block.

Also, I am assuming you own Ware, and have cuffed him with West: personally, if I had to make the choice, I'd roster Darrel Williams, not West. West wont step into Ware's roll and replace the output of a KC RB1, and he offers you nothing beyond week 16(?). There's a reason West wasn't already on the KC roster or any roster for that matter, and while DW has yet to prove he can step in and perform, he does at least have dynasty/keeper value.

Handcuffs are a great idea, IF the handcuff is talented in his own right. *signing Charmander off the street IMHO doesn't meet that criteria :shrug:

Good luck this post season $

Not West. Damien 

19 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Not West. Damien 

Agreed. West isn't all that good, and even Darrell's highlight video above showed a guy who's moderately hard to tackle at the college level otherwise doing really nothing all that special. Damien is above them on the chart iirc, don't see any reason why he wouldn't be the next guy up at this point.

Anyone getting this sinking feeling that it will be Darrel, not Damien, with the big fantasy day tonight?

Damien is a career COP back. He was a bland fantasy option when given reps in Miami, but obviously 12 touches in this year's KC can go a long way. So he is currently in my lineups for the PPR floor and because scored twice last week from the GL.

But Darrel has an esoteric, *cough*  league winning, profile. I just don't know if Andy Reid is as predictable as everyone is thinking projecting Damien as an RB2 lock. Darrel might be the sleeping giant that runs wild. I'm  strongly considering just backing away from either to avoid the dread of waiting after TNF for the rest of the games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the Ghost of Joe Webb said:

Anyone getting this sinking feeling that it will be Darrel, not Damien, with the big fantasy day tonight?

Damien is a career COP back. He was a bland fantasy option when given reps in Miami, but obviously 12 touches in this year's KC can go a long way. So he is currently in my lineups for the PPR floor and because scored twice last week from the GL.

But Darrel has an esoteric, *cough*  league winning, profile. I just don't know if Andy Reid is as predictable as everyone is thinking projecting Damien as an RB2 lock. Darrel might be the sleeping giant that runs wild. I'm  strongly considering just backing away from either to avoid the dread of waiting after TNF for the rest of the games.

Sure I might throw him in the captain slot on a showdown lineup on DK to see if I can catch lightning in a bottle at minimum price and miniscule ownership, but no way i am rolling him out there in the semis of season long. Damian was pretty involved prior to Ware injury, coaching staff gave him touches at goalline showing trust in him, and despite his limitations as a runner he is a pretty good pass catching back. 

Made the re add for the just incase factor... but I fully expect him to be a non factor

6 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Made the re add for the just incase factor... but I fully expect him to be a non factor

Look at his jersey number, enough said.

Liked to have seen a little more carries... he might be a better running back than the other guy...but he's not getting the chance....

IF he can get healthy, I would def make him a speculative add...always the chance that he emerges during the playoffs and gets a long look for the main gig next year...he has some desirable traits if he can earn the gig for next year. It's a long shot, for sure, but you never know.