2Balls1Bat

Rhys Hoskins 2019 Outlook

If you believe in lineup protection he will be hitting behind Harper and in front of Realmuto most likely, with good table setters like Segura and Hernandez at 1 and 2. I'm all in on Hoskins, his 35 HR last year could be a down power year for him, that's how powerful he is.

• Like 1

I’m huge on Hoskins this year and think he offers tremendous value given his ESPN ADP of 42 currently. Even more so in OBP leagues. He should have multi position eligibility after week 1 (needs 3 games at 1B to be 1B eligible). Given their lineup additions, Hoskins will have an excellent shot at 110+ RBIs. I expect no less than 35 home runs as well, and 30 should be an absolute floor. 1B/OF eligible, I’m in. I’ll project a line of 90/38/108 and a .250 BA with a .360+ OBP. You could make a case to take him 20-25th overall in OBP leagues and I wouldn’t fault you.

Edited by Motown_Magic
  • Like 1

Bryce Harper is hitting in front of him. That guy lives on base. 108 rbi's sounds conservative. Arenado Hoskins Suarez are going to lead the NL in rbi's. Hoskins didn't have realmuto behind him last year or anything close to lineup protection. This guy is an absolute steal at around pick 40

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Hoskins believers taking him over khris? non obp

I would. Bonus dual eligibility, throws in 5+ SB, and will beat Khris in average by 10-15 points in all likelihood.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

I would. Bonus dual eligibility, throws in 5+ SB, and will beat Khris in average by 10-15 points in all likelihood.

Plus, Hoskins still has room to grow. Khris Davis is what he is at this point

Also huge on Hoskins this year. The sky is the limit with this kid.

• Like 1

Would be kinda surprised if he isn't top 20 player by the end of the year... Gonna have to reach for him a litttle

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Any reason to be concerned about this sore shoulder? 

not right now.

• Like 1

Elbows/shoulder for pitcher, shoulders/wrist for power hitters, when I hear this the player is off my list unless I get a 15% discount, plain and simple

I hope you reached for him

My friends this is the League winner here

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Gosh.

Whats up with this guy?

He plays the whole game and gets ZERO At-Bats.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

Gosh.

Whats up with this guy?

He plays the whole game and gets ZERO At-Bats.

Cause he had a bunch of walks.... would you rather he swung at pitches out of the zone to go 0-4 just to have official at bats?

5 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Cause he had a bunch of walks.... would you rather he swung at pitches out of the zone to go 0-4 just to have official at bats?

I know. I am just trying to draw attention to him. Where is the hype?

Rhys is OBP league GOLD

HE has more walks than At-Bats. A grand Slam.

He is hitting cleanup for a team that looks like the ‘27 Yankees.

Next year he will be drafted early second/late first

5 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Isn't CBS 10?

CBS is 5 so he should already have gotten it. ESPN is 10. Not sure about Yahoo since I haven't played baseball on it yet 

I don't own him, but surprising Hoskins isn't getting more love (as in more than 2 pages) given his really good start to the season.  Another big game today...

13 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I don't own him, but surprising Hoskins isn't getting more love (as in more than 2 pages) given his really good start to the season.  Another big game today...

I don't know what that means, should we shower praise on every player just for the hell of it? Everyone knows he is good and there isn't much else to say.

3 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

I don't know what that means, should we shower praise on every player just for the hell of it? Everyone knows he is good and there isn't much else to say.

Wasn't really implying that. It just seems like he's one of the lesser talked about players on here right now out of the ones off to a great start, where in previous years he was talked about quite a bit.

Oh well.  No big deal.  Just thought about it after seeing he had another good game today.

11 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Big bad man, in a big bad lineup. 40/130 coming up. 

Would love to see 40/130 but would be happy with 30/100