2Balls1Bat

Rhys Hoskins 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, lavaman said:

Would love to see 40/130 but would be happy with 30/100

Before his HR today, he was on pace for 46/254 so I was being cautious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Wasn't really implying that. It just seems like he's one of the lesser talked about players on here right now out of the ones off to a great start, where in previous years he was talked about quite a bit.

Oh well.  No big deal.  Just thought about it after seeing he had another good game today.

I didn't mean any offense. This is a little off topic, but I always see on tv or here when people say 'he is underrated' or 'not talked about enough'. His play on the field does the talking, we don't need a lot of people to talk about him to acknowledge that he is good. He's good and he's gonna put up huge numbers this year.

Those who reached will be rewarded. Love me some Hoskins.

• Like 1

The Home Run he hit yesterday was pretty amazing, he just reached out an flicked a ball nearly 400 feet. I'm not sure there's a player in baseball that generates more raw power/leverage than this guy does.

13 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

The Home Run he hit yesterday was pretty amazing, he just reached out an flicked a ball nearly 400 feet. I'm not sure there's a player in baseball that generates more raw power/leverage than this guy does.

He got low for that pitch too. Went down and got it. 

On 4/6/2019 at 5:02 PM, Ace_King said:

CBS is 5 so he should already have gotten it. ESPN is 10. Not sure about Yahoo since I haven't played baseball on it yet 

Hoskins started the season as 1B/OF on Yahoo and will retain both all of this season.  All you need is 5 starts (or 10 appearances) at a position the previous year to have the player eligible all the next year.  You can also gain a new position with 5 starts (or 10 appearances).  If Hoskins fails to get 5 starts (or 10 appearances) in the OF this year he will lose that eligibility next but will have it all of this year even if he never plays one game int he outfield in 2019.

17 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Hoskins started the season as 1B/OF on Yahoo and will retain both all of this season.  All you need is 5 starts (or 10 appearances) at a position the previous year to have the player eligible all the next year.  You can also gain a new position with 5 starts (or 10 appearances).  If Hoskins fails to get 5 starts (or 10 appearances) in the OF this year he will lose that eligibility next but will have it all of this year even if he never plays one game int he outfield in 2019.

Thanks! I can't believe the hold up on CBS. He is past 5 and headed to 10 and they still haven't updated it.

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Thanks! I can't believe the hold up on CBS. He is past 5 and headed to 10 and they still haven't updated it.

Send them a sternly worded email. Then sit back and watch Rhys hit some bombs. 

43 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

He has 1B in my CBS league. Check your settings, it was probably changed to 10. CBS is only 5 by default, and can be changed. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

He has 1B in my CBS league. Check your settings, it was probably changed to 10. CBS is only 5 by default, and can be changed. 

That must be it, so he will get there in days.

It's a dynasty league I just joined so I was going by CBS' criteria. (The commissioner didn't remember what it was set at.)

Welp. Hoskins gimpy after CS. Great.

edit, stayed in the game, so far.

Edited by Members_Only_76

Just now, Ace_King said:

Out today, swollen but not considered serious.

not good if it's pretty swollen. this could drag on a bit, not saying it's serious but could be multiple days...

48 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

not good if it's pretty swollen. this could drag on a bit, not saying it's serious but could be multiple days...

I read a bit more. He will be available to pinch hit today and is expected to start tomorrow. It appears we have dodged a bullet.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

I read a bit more. He will be available to pinch hit today and is expected to start tomorrow. It appears we have dodged a bullet.

I sure hope so. I saw it live and was concerned, but I think I saw his lips say "I'm fine"....but we've heard that before!

• Like 1

Daily roster leaguers take note: he's back in the lineup today for a 1:05PM Eastern start.

1 hour ago, jumper said:

Rhys with the home run trot even longer than Bartolo Colon's a couple years ago (30.5 seconds for Big Sexy vs 34 for Rhys)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401075092

Statcast measured Hoskins' HR trot (34 seconds) as the longest since 2015, haha.