tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 14

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 14

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 14 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

21 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I have the same QB choice to make, and because of the weather it's enough to make me feel a little safer with Watson. I'd probably also go with Drake.

Because of the rain on the forecast in Tampa, do I bench Wil Lutz? I hate trying to overthink kicker matchups but the weather has me a little worried. Stick it out with Lutz or pick up Bagdley at home vs CIN?

Go with bagdley they should rack up a lot of points against cincy and yes that weather forecast in tampa is too much of a threat

Pick two of the following with a rationale. Full PPR. Please and thank you

Landry 

Godwin

Pettis

Z. Jones

conley

Edited by KCJONES

Start 2 (min 1 TE) - Standard league

Gronk @ MIA - TE eligible
J. Samuels @ OAK - TE eligible

Boyd @ LAC
DJ Moore @ CLE

Tate @ DAL

J. Wilson vs DEN

On 12/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, Zuko said:

Emmanuel Sanders against SF 

Spencer Ware against BAL

Sanders tore his achilles, so go with Ware.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:13 PM, Blizzard737 said:

Spencer Ware or Jaylen Samuels? 

I'm thinking Ware. Both are kind of in a similar situation, but I think Ware is the better back.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:41 PM, Peyton's Daddy said:

Chub or Lyndsey standard league?  Convince me I should start Chub over Lyndsey, because I'm not sure Lyndsey is benchable at this point.

I would argue that Chubb also isn't benchable at this point. So between the two, I think I'd go Chubb. Simply his volume is still higher than Lindsay. He's been getting low 20s for touches and Lindsay's been mid-to-high teens. Both are easily top 10 RBs though.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:52 AM, 99prbQBnt1 said:

.5 ppr, need 1 for flex:

A. Ekeler

S. Michel

J. Jackson

Michel.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:19 AM, Nyblazer11235 said:

Winston vs NO

Rodgers vs Atl

Allen vs Jets 

6 point passing tds 

Rodgers. Winston is intriguing, but still more confidence in Rodgers. Allen shouldn't even be in the conversation.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, lucasfernog said:

Goff @ CHI or Trubisky vs LAR?

Goff. I simply think the Rams win that game.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:57 AM, Canesglory said:

Need a flex in a PPR:

Jeff Wilson Jr

Gus Edwards

Kenny Golladay

Tyler Boyd

Since it's PPR I'm leaning Wilson or Boyd. I'm really kind of in the same boat except it's standard. I'd go with Wilson right now, but could be convinced otherwise.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:00 AM, Canesglory said:

Pick 2 for standard league:

Jeff Wilson Jr.

Spencer Ware

Josh Gordon

I like Ware here. Hard not to go with that KC offense, even if they are up against BAL.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:32 PM, jschwartz said:

8 team .5 ppr

Which 3 rbs do I start this week

Blount

Michel

McCaffrey

Josh Adams  

I'd sit Blount.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:59 PM, kdbarnard said:

Got screwed at TE, need to play Herndon or Ian Thomas.

Herndon.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, y2jbones said:

I’m not feeling too strongly this week about Ware home against Baltimore. My other options are Adams @ Dallas, McCoy home against Jets, Jackson home against Cincinnati, Reynolds @ Chi and Boyd at the Chargers. It’s a PPR league. 

Since it's PPR I'd be going Boyd.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:07 PM, jdp9834 said:

Landry vs panthers, Humphries vs saints or Ridley vs gb

I'd go Humphries. Really not that high on the other two.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, eaglesfangirl said:

Lost both Gordon and Conner but still have Chubb so need 1 RB from Ware, Jackson, and Eckeler. Need 1 WR from Tate, Samuel, Reynolds, and ZJones. Need Flex from who is left.

Ware, Ekeler, Tate. The one I'm mulling over the most is your WR, but I'd take a shot on him.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:15 AM, Sack Exchange said:

a little help please:

corey davis tonight hosting Jacksonville

trey burton Sunday hosting the rams

tre’quan smith at tampa bay

enunwa at bills

I probably would have went with C. Davis here, given he's the only one that's really shown any promise of a good return, even though in hindsight it didn't work out. But if you didn't start him, then I'd go with Tre'Quan. Enunwa shouldn't be rostered in most leagues right now, and Burton doesn't provide a WR level return.

• Like 2

Boyd @ LAC
DJ Moore @ CLE

Tate @ DAL

J. Wilson vs DEN

On 12/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Start which TE in full PPR?

Ricky S-J vs. DET

I. Thomas @ CLE

M. Andrews @ KC

D. Arnold @ TB

M. Lacosse @ SF

I think it has to be either RSJ other Thomas. I think I'd go Thomas. But really at this point your just playing TE roulette. Pick one and hope for the best.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, y2jbones said:

Woods @ Chi or Boyd @ Chargers?  I was going with Woods but then read how Chicago’s slot corner has been amongst the best in the league. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. 

I'd be going with Woods. ASYS. I'm thinking the offense of the Rams, Goff, and Woods has a better night against CHI than the Bengals, Driskel, and Boyd against LAC.

On 12/6/2018 at 6:15 PM, Jodirod said:

Ppr should I start cam or luck also Sutton or Edelman? 

Cam, Edelman.

On 12/6/2018 at 6:48 PM, FANattic86 said:

Can’t decide who to start at Flex 0.5ppr

Richard vs PIT

Riddick @ ARZ

Richard. 

On 12/6/2018 at 9:43 PM, 24HourPiffness said:

Streaming QBs:

Baker vs Carolina

Dak vs Philly

Trubisky vs Rams off waivers?

I'd go Dak.

On 12/7/2018 at 9:37 AM, JG1222016 said:

Jeff Wilson or Edelman - .5 PRR WHIR

I feel like I have a somewhat similar dilemma. There might be some Pats fan bias here, but I'd go Edelman.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:10 PM, Olliemets said:

Standard League, 6 point passing TD

QB:

Jameis vs NO or Deshaun vs IND

Flex:

Drake vs NE or Moore @ CLE

I'd go Watson and DJ Moore. Just more consistent production from Watson, and I'm really not liking Drake at all this year.

23 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Because of the rain on the forecast in Tampa, do I bench Wil Lutz? I hate trying to overthink kicker matchups but the weather has me a little worried. Stick it out with Lutz or pick up Bagdley at home vs CIN?

Stick with Lutz. Kickers are unpredictable so who knows. But I wouldn't worry too much about the weather. Could also result in more field goals being kicked.

16 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Steelers or Rams D?

Rams. They've got the better fantasy D and the Bears don't worry me too much.

11 hours ago, blacryan said:

Pick 3:

Josh Reynolds v Bears
Calvin Ridley v Packers
Ingram v Bucaneers
Tre'Quan Smith v Bucaneers
Jaylen Samuels v Raiders

Ingram, J. Samuels, and Reynolds.

4 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

Bench one. Standard scoring

Dalvin Cook

Mark Ingram

Justin Jackson 

Sit Jackson

2 hours ago, Drew2 said:

J.Winton or M.Ryan 

Flex- C.Sutton or P.Barber 

standard scoring 

thanks 

Ryan, Sutton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Boyd @ LAC
DJ Moore @ CLE

Tate @ DAL

J. Wilson vs DEN

Sanders tore his achilles, so go with Ware.

I'm thinking Ware. Both are kind of in a similar situation, but I think Ware is the better back.

I would argue that Chubb also isn't benchable at this point. So between the two, I think I'd go Chubb. Simply his volume is still higher than Lindsay. He's been getting low 20s for touches and Lindsay's been mid-to-high teens. Both are easily top 10 RBs though.

Michel.

Rodgers. Winston is intriguing, but still more confidence in Rodgers. Allen shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Goff. I simply think the Rams win that game.

Since it's PPR I'm leaning Wilson or Boyd. I'm really kind of in the same boat except it's standard. I'd go with Wilson right now, but could be convinced otherwise.

I like Ware here. Hard not to go with that KC offense, even if they are up against BAL.

I'd sit Blount.

Herndon.

Since it's PPR I'd be going Boyd.

I'd go Humphries. Really not that high on the other two.

Ware, Ekeler, Tate. The one I'm mulling over the most is your WR, but I'd take a shot on him.

I probably would have went with C. Davis here, given he's the only one that's really shown any promise of a good return, even though in hindsight it didn't work out. But if you didn't start him, then I'd go with Tre'Quan. Enunwa shouldn't be rostered in most leagues right now, and Burton doesn't provide a WR level return.

the majority suggested davis but i just couldn't do it, thinking something along these lines: is it better to get the 3 receptions for 30 yards from davis, or the two possible options from tre'quan, the zero-point goose-egg or the 15-point big play. re-watching his game last week helped me make the decision: mariota's tosses were garbage, and davis didn't look great except the one end zone push.

now it's tre'quan vs. daesean hamilton vs enunwa. as long as the weather conditions hold out (winds below 16mph and no rainstorm), it's tre'quan...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Turog5189 said:

PPR league. Need to start one at flex:

E. Ebron

J. Samuels

Marc Ingram

A-Rob

thanks! 

Samuels

11 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Landry or Shepard (OBJ out) in PPR?

Tough call but both have good matchups. Giants have less players to throw to, I would say Shepard. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 3:43 PM, Blizzard737 said:

Spencer Ware or Jaylen Samuels? 

I’d go jaylen samuels, Ware has a tough d to face in ravens 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Turog5189 said:

E. Ebron

J. Samuels

Marc Ingram

A-Rob

thanks! 

I would start samuels 

Edited by Blizzard737

Full ppr. Need to choose a WR, a RB, a TE, and a flex (wr/rb/te) from the following options. Listed in the order I’m feeling them: 

WR: Cooper / Godwin / Sutton / Tre’Quan

RB: Jackson / Mack / Thompson / Adams

TE: Engram / Brate

I always overthink this s---. WHIR

15 minutes ago, smokey78 said:

Full ppr. Need to choose a WR, a RB, a TE, and a flex (wr/rb/te) from the following options. Listed in the order I’m feeling them: 

I always overthink this s---. WHIR

I like what you have but would consider Brate. 

11 minutes ago, rain183xx said:

Zay Jones, Calvin Ridley, or Jarvis Landry?

Also is anyone starting Thompson this week?

I like them in that order.

Not if I can help it. I don’t think he’s necessarily a bad start I just find it difficult to trust him at the moment. Going with Justin Jackson over him this week. 

Start 1 - Standard league
Boyd @ LAC

J. Wilson vs DEN

9 hours ago, KCJONES said:

Pick two of the following with a rationale. Full PPR. Please and thank you

Landry 

Godwin

Pettis

Z. Jones

conley

1. Landry - Should be the best volume of the group. Not overly excited about him, but his floor should be decent.
Volume = 1st, TD = 3rd/4th
2. Godwin - TB has a good passing offense, and NO has an okay defense. Still expecting this to be a high scoring game.
Volume = 2nd/3rd, TD = 1st/2nd
3. Conley - He's TD dependant. And they're going up against a strong BAL defense. But on this KC offense, his shot at getting a TD is pretty good.
Volume = 4th/5th, TD = 1st/2nd
4. Z. Jones - I really don't like the BUF offense, but the matchup is decent and Zay is getting decent volume.
Volume = 2nd/3rd, TD = 3rd/4th
5. Pettis - He had a good week with Goodwin and Garcon out, but Goodwin is expected to play this week. So he'll likely be a WR2 on a SF offense that isn't much of a threat against DEN.
Volume = 4th/5th, TD = 5th

So I'd go Landry and Godwin.

7 hours ago, Turog5189 said:

E. Ebron

J. Samuels

Marc Ingram

A-Rob

Definitely not Ebron. Leaning Ingram given that the NO offense should shred TB, but where it is PPR it does make it closer. There is some worries about Samuels jumping right into Conners role (could be a committee) and I don't think the CHI offense performs as well this week against LAR as the NO offense vs TB.

6 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Landry or Shepard (OBJ out) in PPR?

I think I'd still reluctantly go Landry. I've just go more confident in Baker than I do Eli.

2 hours ago, smokey78 said:

I'm good with Cooper at WR given that I think he's the best WR of the group. Godwin is tempting given that I think he'll be in a higher scoring matchup, but I still think Cooper is your best bet. And with OBJ out, I think Engram is a good play at TE.

For your RB and Flex, I'm torn between Jackson, Adams, and Godwin. I am a bit unsure about Jackson's volume, so I think I'd go Adams and Godwin.

2 hours ago, rain183xx said:

Zay Jones, Calvin Ridley, or Jarvis Landry?

Also is anyone starting Thompson this week?

I'd go Landry. And no, I don't think I'd start Thompson until he gives us a reason to start him.

• Like 2

John Brown vs Chiefs

or

Michael Gallup vs Eagles

I've had Gallup in there as I feel he might be a good play vs some bad Eagles CBs, but Dak is so focused on Cooper and Zeke that Gallup can easily get overlooked in their offense. As for John Brown, he's done little since Lamar took over (and even in the few games before he took over), but he's a truly dynamic and talented WR nonetheless. The game plan for the Ravens is to try and run the ball which should have some success, however, at some point, they'll likely to be in a catch-up or keep-up situation where they'll have to start passing, and Lamar actually does start throwing the ball, I'm wondering if Brown just might finally have a huge day like he was routinely having early on this season.

So, stick with Gallup vs some shaky CBs or go for broke with John Brown?

Half PPR, please help making the right decisions: 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR):

Aaron Jones

Sony Michel

Mark Ingram

Spencer Ware

Joe Mixon

TY Hilton

Michael Thomas

Courtland Sutton

Zay Jones

Chris Godwin

Would you play 2 RBs or 3?

Thank you!

In standard scoring league, choose1 rb between :

-Ware vs Baltimore

-g Edwards @kc

-j wilson vs Denver

-j white @miami

thanks you

17 minutes ago, Tomy said:

-Ware vs Baltimore

-g Edwards @kc

-j wilson vs Denver

-j white @miami

thanks you

If he plays, I would start Gus Edwards since it is standard.   

Please help with mine. 

Edited by uberblitz
Not seen it is Standard

I have quite the conundrum.  Ware or Ingram in full ppr?  I think I’m so torn bc I’m a Chiefs fan.  Someone talk some sense into me!

Have to pick one out of these 3, yes it's that bad, Keke Coutee vs Ind, MVS vs ATL or Trequan Smith vs TB.

Half PPR, on the fence about my last flex spot:

Danny Amendola vs NE

or

Vance McDonald @ Oak

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Jags02 said:

John Brown vs Chiefs

or

Michael Gallup vs Eagles

I've had Gallup in there as I feel he might be a good play vs some bad Eagles CBs, but Dak is so focused on Cooper and Zeke that Gallup can easily get overlooked in their offense. As for John Brown, he's done little since Lamar took over (and even in the few games before he took over), but he's a truly dynamic and talented WR nonetheless. The game plan for the Ravens is to try and run the ball which should have some success, however, at some point, they'll likely to be in a catch-up or keep-up situation where they'll have to start passing, and Lamar actually does start throwing the ball, I'm wondering if Brown just might finally have a huge day like he was routinely having early on this season.

So, stick with Gallup vs some shaky CBs or go for broke with John Brown?

I think I’d go Gallup. He’s been trending up in the offense and you simply can’t trust Jackson throwing the ball until he proves he can do it.

4 hours ago, uberblitz said:

Half PPR, please help making the right decisions: 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR):

Aaron Jones

Sony Michel

Mark Ingram

Spencer Ware

Joe Mixon

TY Hilton

Michael Thomas

Courtland Sutton

Zay Jones

Chris Godwin

Would you play 2 RBs or 3?

Thank you!

I’d go Jones, Michel, Mixon for volume and projectable scoring opportunities.

wr obviously Thomas but it’s close between TY and Godwin. I think I’d go TY because other colts injuries (Inman, Cox) may funnel the rock his way.

4 hours ago, Tomy said:

-Ware vs Baltimore

-g Edwards @kc

-j wilson vs Denver

-j white @miami

thanks you

I’d go Edwards

23 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

I have quite the conundrum.  Ware or Ingram in full ppr?  I think I’m so torn bc I’m a Chiefs fan.  Someone talk some sense into me!

I think I’d take Ingram here. May get less snaps and touches than ware, but he’s so much more talented and in a plus matchup, especially with a possible wet game in TB

20 minutes ago, Windmill said:

Have to pick one out of these 3, yes it's that bad, Keke Coutee vs Ind, MVS vs ATL or Trequan Smith vs TB.

Trequan 

• Like 1