MrBean

FANTASY PLAYOFFS SCHEDULE

Not sure if this should be posted here, my apologies.

Anyway...

Guys, when drafting/trading or say forming a team in fantasy, do you plan based on your players' schedule? Say,  fantasy playoffs? Or just pick the best player available?

nets playoff schedule is weak so im trying to trade dlo.

Edited by pyro7

Memphis doesn’t have the best playoff schedule either... tryna field offers for conley at the moment.

And same w LAC, ive spent weeks tryna find value for guys like gallo and conley who definitely are helping me rn but playoff schedule (+injury risk) got me tryna make moves

Edited by MrBr0wn

I play a lot of roto so there are no playoffs. In H2H I hardly ever consider playoff schedule during the draft.  I make a lot more trades than most people so I don’t assume I will even have a player on my team at the end of the season.  On top of that, there’s the addage “you have to make the playoffs first”.  You don’t even know who your opponents will be during the season so what if you draft a player for his playoff schedule and it turns out that player wasn’t a difference maker in particular categories due to the matchup but the better player with a worse schedule would have been? Considering playoff schedule at the draft is way too presumptuous imo.  The only time I consider it is when considering trade proposals later in the season.  I’ll try to not deliberately trade for players with a poor schedule but I won’t deliberately target players due to a good schedule.  

• Like 2

This is for Week 22-24. Can change the week on the link.

TEAM W22 W23 W24 TOTAL
Sacramento Kings 4 4 4 12
Washington Wizards 4 4 4 12
Cleveland Cavaliers 4 4 3 11
Denver Nuggets 3 4 4 11
Detroit Pistons 4 4 3 11
Houston Rockets 4 4 3 11
Los Angeles Clippers 4 3 4 11
Los Angeles Lakers 4 3 4 11
Oklahoma City Thunder 4 3 4 11
Utah Jazz 4 4 3 11

https://hashtagbasketball.com/fantasy-basketball-playoff-schedule

Edited by buckets88
  • Thanks 3

Remember that quality days matter too - you may not be able to play all your players on busy days so someone that has 4 games that week might only be able to play in 3.

Overall been devaluing ATL, PHO, BKN, CHI, ORL, NOP for their 3-3-3 playoff schedule.

Edited by wallacesnoop
  • Like 1

img_5bafc8ff6e6ec.png

Check this ! :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, MrBean said:

Anyway...

Guys, when drafting/trading or say forming a team in fantasy, do you plan based on your players' schedule? Say,  fantasy playoffs? Or just pick the best player available?

I used to draft based on playoff schedules. It matters less after they changed back-to-backs last year or w/e. Having your studs playing 5-4-5 plus streaming was almost unfair to your competition if they had their top guys on like a 3-2-4 schedule and you streamed, heh. 

• Like 1

Totally unrelated and just my opinion, teams in big markets, with high profile players, etc. seem to play on a lot of off days. That's something I just started looking at this year. My assumption is that certain teams have higher watchability than others and can carry off days. The Knicks, for example, always play a lot of Sunday games in the winter. The Lakers have 43 nationally televised games. The Warriors 40. The Thunder, Rockets, Celtics and Sixers are the only other teams with 30+ nationally televised games. 

The thing that drives me crazy is having more active players in a day than available starting slots. Players from these higher profile or w/e teams tend to play less those days and more on off days. In theory, less schedule conflict should add to more games played over the season. 

• Like 2

absolutely always consider playoffs, its a lot easier having the top schedule guys then trying to trade for them at the end of the season. b4 the draft, do some prepwork and see who has good schedules and who has bad, then stay away from injury prone guys on those good scheduled teams, generally a good rule of thumb.

Ie i stayed away from teams who had 2 game weeks between weeks 22-24, gsw, bkn, orlando and a efw others and heavily focused on drafting guys from the nuggets, okc, wizards, lal, lac

The Kings have the best schedule.  Not only is theirs  4-4-4, but a lot of their games fall on quality days.  

Edited by wallacesnoop

Also, for daily leagues, in the final week, players whose week ends early can be dropped and those streaming spots used.  I wouldn't shy away from a player that only has 3 games that final week if the week ends on say, Friday.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:37 AM, MrBean said:

Anyway...

I never reach for players because of playoff schedule. Ensures I won't get there. I make trades later in the year once my team is locked into playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I never reach for players because of playoff schedule. Ensures I won't get there. I make trades later in the year once my team is locked into playoffs. 

What logic is this, theres good fantasy players on every team, u just g2 know which ones to look for. I heavily focused drafting players with great play off schedules. again its easier to have them in ur roster then try to trade for them later. 

• Like 1

bagley, fox, heild bogdon

porter, beal, wall, kieff

millsap murray, harris jokic

gallo, tobias, lou will, montrezl

lebron, kuzma, mcgee

Great fantasy assets from just 5 of the top playoff scheduled teams. im positive u could make a solid fantasy roster out of those guys. theres many other teams too 

27 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

What logic is this

Try reading my post, you may be able to find it. 

17 hours ago, BillWalton said:

My standard PO schedule was already posted, but here's a link that includes a breakdown for all the different playoff start dates:

https://www.elitefantasybasketball.com/18-19-playoffs-schedule/ 

Hope, I did not break any policy, if I did I apologize! I linked only the photo cause I did not want to promote your site openly.  Let me know if you want and I will delete my post.

• Like 1

Not all leagues are the same. I'm in 2 leagues. One of them, our playoffs start a week sooner than the weeks posted in this thread, The other, a week later. 

There was one year where I drafted based on that, and it backfired because all those guys got a rest game during round 1 anyway! I mostly just pick the guys I think will get me there