Sign in to follow this  
Gohawks

Jaylen Samuels vs Jeff Wilson Jr.

Right off the bat, I kindly ask this post does not get moved to the A/C forum. I believe this question pertains to the entire forum as it is very rare that two potential RB1s just appear out of nowhere on the wire.

So who do people got? It seems like Wilson is more likely to dominate the workload. On the other hand, Samuels is in a better situation and has a better offense. 

I'm struggling with this decision too. Add in Justin Jackson if Gordon sits and you got quite the cluster f---. 

If you're already stacked at RB and you're playing on Yahoo, Samuels for the TE eligibility.  If you need a RB, Wilson.

EDIT- Also if you're interested in a higher ceiling, obviously Samuels since his offense is more competent.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigpinero said:

This is A/C, not sure why you think otherwise.

Wilson.

A/C questions are questions regarding your particular team. While it is still a "who do I pickup" question, these two are available in almost every single league and will be getting added in every single league they are available. Thus, it pertains to the entire forum. While it very well may be moved, as far as i'm concerned it perfectly fits the "general strategy" description.

• Like 2

This is not how RW works 

this is needs to be moved to the right section AC 

wilson would be my pick 

sprinkle in Jackson/Sproles/Clement

Edited by shakestreet

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

A/C questions are questions regarding your particular team. While it is still a "who do I pickup" question, these two are available in almost every single league and will be getting added in every single league they are available. Thus, it pertains to the entire forum. While it very well may be moved, as far as i'm concerned it perfectly fits the "general strategy" description.

there's also a weekly ww thread...a player A vs player B thread has no reason to exist on this side.

Perhaps the Wilson > Samuels crowd can explain to me their reasoning a bit more... I didn’t catch more than a few plays of the Hawks-Niners game.

Sure, Wilson will likely get more touches, but he’s in an inferior offense, and has a tough schedule.  I understand the Shanny effect, but it should also be noted that he’s been known to completely fool everyone by pulling a 180 on RB personnel (remember the Morris-Mostert debacle?).

I don’t buy the RBBC claims in Pittsburgh.  Tomlin has never operated that way, and they are desperate now after two straight losses.  Samuels is better than Ridley, and can catch passes... I expect him to see 15-20 touches against the Raiders.

Give me the upside of Samuels over Wilson if I’m picking only one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think this belongs in this forum....It's just comparing 2 players values and this will be a popular question at this stage of the season.  I guess it could be AC stuff.

I think I'm going Wilson.

Overall, I just think the 49ers need Wilson and he'll be a big part of their offense because they really have no choice.  As for the Steelers, they could easily come out and throw the ball 50 times.  Heck, look at the few games this year Conner didn't get many carries.  I could see Ridley taking some early down carries with Samuels mixing in passing downs.  It's mostly going to be about Big Ben throwing to AB and Shuster IMO.

I guess I'd just lean toward the guy that just tossed up 130+ total yards and played 75% of the snaps in Wilson.  Especially considering Brieda is ruled out already.

Samuels is a nice upside pickup too :)

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

giphy.gif

The solution is to post half of the question in the Samuels thread, and the second half of the question in the Wilson thread. Bingo. 

Samuels Thread: "workload. On the other hand, Samuels is in a better situation and has a better offense. "

Wilson Thread: "So who do people got? It seems like Wilson is more likely to dominate the"

52 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

I'm struggling with this decision too. Add in Justin Jackson if Gordon sits and you got quite the cluster f---. 

Jackson not close to the other two.

Countdown to shutdown in 3...

• Haha 1

How about for week 15? Will connor or breida come back? I have a first round bye so im thinking more weeks 15/16.....

I assume Gordon will be back by then

• Like 1